Earl Thomas???

Mid Iowa

So Earl Thomas wants out of Seattle. He's got the rest of the season to think about that as he recovers from a broken leg. Seattle reportedly wants a 2nd round pick for him, and turned down that offer from Dallas prior to the season starting.

Thoughts?

He was on pace for his best season ever, by far.

We already ditched next years 1st for a project, so how about next years 2nd for proven?
Sure, he's 29, but we'd likely get 3-4 really good years of production out of him, at least, and the last time we grabbed a guy with skills like this (Sharper) we went deep into the playoffs. And by deep, I'm talking footballs deep and hoisted the Lombardi.

I say we give the Brass the 1st day of the draft off, and grab Thomas.

2 hours ago, Dome said:

The brass already has the first day off... this would give them the first 2 days off xD

I stand corrected! Yeah, first night is first round, then second day starts the 2nd round. Oops, my bad.

Hell, take the week off, gentleman! ....they clearly did this last draft (insert snarky tone here).

9 hours ago, Dome said:

I’m ignorant, can we even trade for him if he’s not healthy? He won’t pass a physical 

Teams can choose to waive the requirement to pass a physical as part of the trade IIRC though that would put all the risk on the receiving team which is why it almost never happens.  Maybe if the trade was something like:

Saints send:

2019 2nd round pick

Seahawks send:

Earl Thomas

Conditional 2020 pick (If Earl Thomas plays less than 70% of snaps due to injury then they send a 4th round pick back in return, else a 7th round pick)

15 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

We don't have the cap space to acquire Earl Thomas. All of the free cap we have, as little as it may be, will probably be used to resign players already on the roster.

*Mickey Loomis laughing in the background*

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'd be all for kicking the tires on Earl Thomas.  If nothing else, maybe he could be  veteran presence for a struggling secondary.

For the right price of course.  It'd have to be reasonable.

He was playing lights out before he broke his leg. It was a clean break with no ligament damage. He is still going to get paid a lot of money, but I don't think it will be the 15m per year he was hoping for.

Yeah, easily on pace for his best season ever, and playing while unhappy. My only concern would be, was he playing lights out for a big contract, or is it just all coming together for him?

Expensive pick up, but who knows, if you never gamble, you never win.

It would be almost as dumb as picking up a QB with a shredded throwing shoulder. Who would do something like that?!

Archived