GOAT Appetizers: RESULT-----WINGS WIN

MWil23

Before we start slitting throats we should find a common ground we can fall back to if things get out of hand...

Can everyone agree that one of ketchup/ranch is disgusting?

Anyone that like them both has no business around here, but if everyone hates at least one of them we might have something to work with.  

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Interesting idea. In my family, we always do the aforementioned shrimp cocktail as a Christmas appetizer, to go along with cheese-ball and crackers. Then, we actually do a MEAT FONDUE (in oil...usually I use ribeye). I'm not sure how to classify fondue because it's so broad.

Interesting. No, this is what I'm talking about with skillet queso (Chili's, but you get the idea):

chilis-copycat-skillet-queso-cheese-dip-

Here we have a clear chip dip.

I have never in my life had skillet queso that wouldn't break a normal chip. I've only had them when they come with a spoon to put on to something else.

So I can't really comment on that. 

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Interesting idea. In my family, we always do the aforementioned shrimp cocktail as a Christmas appetizer, to go along with cheese-ball and crackers. Then, we actually do a MEAT FONDUE (in oil...usually I use ribeye). I'm not sure how to classify fondue because it's so broad.

Would we need to name the specific fondue dip (e.g. cheese, or the one that inspired this was chocolate)?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I have never in my life had skillet queso that wouldn't break a normal chip. I've only had them when they come with a spoon to put on to something else.

So I can't really comment on that. 

Scoops chips. they are made to handle the heavy stuff

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Before we start slitting throats we should find a common ground we can fall back to if things get out of hand...

Anyone that like them both has no business around here, but if everyone hates at least one of them we might have something to work with.  

I like ranch. I am not a fan of normal ketchup. I make an exception for spicy ketchup (like siracha or whatever is in Whataburger's)

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN

Just now, Malfatron said:

Scoops chips. they are made to handle the heavy stuff

I don't think the physics of this actually check out. The increase in the amount of dip is proportional to the volume, whereas the increase in the strength of the chip is proportional to the surface area. Volume increases faster than surface area decreases.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't think the physics of this actually check out. The increase in the amount of dip is proportional to the volume, whereas the increase in the strength of the chip is proportional to the surface area. Volume increases faster than surface area decreases.

thats why you have to eat quickly, to avoid retrograde. you have to factor in momentum from hand to mouth

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

thats why you have to eat quickly, to avoid retrograde. you have to factor in momentum from hand to mouth

Oh I know the scoops are heartier. I've just never thought about it before and now want to know why they actually work.

Do people just pansy out on the dip amount with scoops and that doesn't scale with volume?

https://www.npr.org/2013/05/05/180621511/how-to-dip-without-breaking-the-chip

"I present to you now my new 'It's Not A Scoop, It's A Dome' technique for chip and guacamole consumption: Take the scoop chip, put it on the tip of your pointer finger upside down like a thimble; brace it with your thumb; run it through all the guac you desire and it will not break. Just make sure the guac is in a bowl with extra space and high walls, which you'll need for leverage."

tenor.gif?itemid=5191901

Archived