GOAT Appetizers: RESULT-----WINGS WIN

MWil23

#5 Taquitos vs. #12 Cocktail Shrimp

#6 Gyoza vs. #11 Wings

#7 Jalepeno Poppers vs. #10 Fried Pickles

#8 Crab Rangoon vs. #9 Bloomin Onion

Toss up b/w Crab Rangoon and Bloomin Onion, but I can at least eat some Crab Rangoon without feeling my insides decaying, unlike w/ the Bloomin Onion.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Totally agree though, boneless are superior in every way. Easier to eat clean, better meat, you don't end up with a bunch of bones everywhere.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I’m not sure why people still eat the hobo version tbh

no way. the bone-in wings are vastly superior

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve never understood the love for wings.

They’re small, bony pieces of meat.  What’s so great about them?

If it’s the sauce and fried parts you like, why not fry and coat tenders and actually have some decent meat to eat? 

Just seems like a lot of work for some mediocre meat...

You probably havent had good wings. On top of that, their is breading on tendies, there isnt (usually) on wings. 

Come to Austin, I will take you to Pluckers. You will never want to return to whatever poop state you are from. 

18 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Why not just fry and bread everything?  I mean that's pretty lazy, too.

I think the shrimp cocktail should have been a shellfish tower app (a combo chilled seafood done well, i.e. crab claws, lobster tail meat, shrimp cocktail, raw oysters with proper accoutrements like cocktail sauce, a mustard-mayo-based sauce, horseradish, lemon wedges, bed of ice, etc.).

When done right, it's utter perfection.  Eff them taquitos, basic *******.

seafood-tower.png

Then I think the taquitos should have just been an appetizer plate with nachos, cervichie, tamales, quesadillas + a red, green, guac and queso dip. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You probably havent had good wings.

Because they don’t exist.

On top of that, their is breading on tendies, there isnt (usually) on wings. 

Yes, because breading on fried food always sucks.

Come to Austin, I will take you to Pluckers.

Sounds like a plan, but I’m getting some ‘Q and Torchy’s too.

You will never want to return to whatever poop state you are from. 

I already don’t.

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

On top of that, their is breading on tendies, there isnt (usually) on wings. 

Yes, very good point.  Any place that breads their wings is trash.  Also if they ask you if you want ranch or blue cheese, just walk away.  

Correctly cooked wings beat boneless any day.  I will say boneless are a lot safer if you're outside of Western NY.  A soggy bone in wing is among some of the nastiest food you can eat. 

7 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Any place that breads their wings is trash.  Also if they ask you if you want ranch or blue cheese, just walk away.

I agree with the first, not with the second. And I will tell you why - ranch is the single reason I have been able to take my kids to wing bars since they were toddlers. It started off with bland wings dipped in ranch. Now its much more spicy.... but still in ranch. 

Me, being an adult, obviously goes blue cheese like a real American. 

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree with the first, not with the second. And I will tell you why - ranch is the single reason I have been able to take my kids to wing bars since they were toddlers. It started off with bland wings dipped in ranch. Now its much more spicy.... but still in ranch. 

Me, being an adult, obviously goes blue cheese like a real American. 

Sure, ranch is the diapers of food. It's helpful for children, but we should aspire to be better than ****ting ourselves.

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sure, ranch is the diapers of food. It's helpful for children, but we should aspire to be better than ****ting ourselves.

Taste buds take time to develop. I make them try blue cheese every now and then just to see if anything has changed. They always say the same thing "It taste like dirty, lumpy ranch".

Archived