Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m surprised for 2 reasons.  I get the McVay connection, but from afar I didn t think he was terrific in TN.  Also, GB is a high profile job with an elite QB who has a strong personality.  Can LaFleur be that type of leader as a first time HC at any level.  Possibly, just thought there were better coordinators. I would have selected Monken over him.

Rodgers is why a lotta folks said McDaniels was both the perfect pick and a future nightmare.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Monken was soooo close. Wonder who he wanted on his defensive staff to lose out.

I thought Monken was a better choice.  Kaufman podcast suggested there might be a door open for Monken to return under Arians, very interesting.  I doubt it happens, but I never saw LaFleur to GB happening.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I thought Monken was a better choice.  Kaufman podcast suggested there might be a door open for Monken to return under Arians, very interesting.  I doubt it happens, but I never saw LaFleur to GB happening.

Monken's offense isn't much different than Arians'. It would just be odd for more of the same on offense, but with a different HC. 😂

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Monken's offense isn't much different than Arians'. It would just be odd for more of the same on offense, but with a different HC. 😂

We really don t know how much control Koetter took back as the season wore on.  I can guarantee Arians will install more then one screen play and actually use drag routes more liberally.  Only the organization knows.  

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

We really don t know how much control Koetter took back as the season wore on.  I can guarantee Arians will install more then one screen play and actually use drag routes more liberally.  Only the organization knows.  

I'm sure we won't see much of the max protect, two man routes. And I hope the toss dies. But I expect us to keep the deep stuff, with an emphasis on explosives; even if Arians isn't gonna cry about them and demand them like Koetter did.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

🤔

I m surprised Zimmer is interested in him.  Most defensive HCs don t favor high risk offense.  Dirk definitely isn t dink and dunk.  Minny arguably has a worse oline then the Bucs.  Cousins has always played in West Coast principles, also.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I m surprised Zimmer is interested in him.  Most defensive HCs don t favor high risk offense.  Dirk definitely isn t dink and dunk.  Minny arguably has a worse oline then the Bucs.  Cousins has always played in West Coast principles, also.

Cousins struggled at times this year. But he went 30/10 at over 70%. Would seem odd to put him in a low percentage offense.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Cousins has a good deep ball i wouldn't be surprised to see him succeed in that offense but yea the O-line is the culprit for most of the problems

Archived