Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

Like others have said, I think it's time to burn it down and start over.  Even to the point of getting rid of these jerseys.  Just like we did when me moved on from the losing era of the creamsicles. These need to be burned with a good majority of the roster. 

Primarily because I think we have the blocks to start over and not have to get so far behind.  The beginnings of the OL is there in Marpet and Jensen.  The WR/TE core is set.  To me Jones is still unknown, and we know what we have from Barber, but I would still see what is out there.  Defensive wise we are better off then what is shown and will grow as they play together.  Davis, Evans, Whitehead and with VH3 at nickel we will be a lot better.  Especially if we can get some solid coaching.  

The thing that gets me is a lot of people saying that certain players are dumb/stupid to understand the coverage's. Once Smith was gone, the issue went from not running his weird schemes, which according to Lavonte, were never practiced or changed up so that explains the confusion to an extent.  Now we are seeing that Davis is about the only CB that can play right now.  Stewart has shown he can't cover fast slot guys, but is better than the random PS players we are filling our secondary with.  

The problem I see with the rebuild is that certain players didn't come here for that and can create an issue in the locker room. 

Either way something needs to happen and now.

21 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I hope we keep Buckner. That’s it. 

But what has he done???  I know he has accolades in other places but here he hasn't done much IMO.  Although there are other people that deserve to be gone more than him I just don't see anything from him that says our D line has improved except the talent.   Aside from Nassib and JPP no one has played anywhere near the level they had played previously.  

I believe the next head coach will be an underwhelming hire.  However, in the end, it doesn't  mean it can't be the right hire.  So here s my list:

Eric Bieniemy

Kris Richard

Dan Campbell- A little digging on his potential staff.  Wouldn t shock me to see Zac Taylor as his OC, and Duffner retained, but probably not as DC.  Not sure about the DC.  

26 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I believe the next head coach will be an underwhelming hire.  However, in the end, it doesn't  mean it can't be the right hire.  So here s my list:

Eric Bieniemy

Kris Richard

Dan Campbell- A little digging on his potential staff.  Wouldn t shock me to see Zac Taylor as his OC, and Duffner retained, but probably not as DC.  Not sure about the DC.  

Nice short list and I agree. I think if we get the right GM in place we won’t go for the “name” guy and that could be a good thing. Outside of Andy Reid, how many name hires went on to have great success in their 2nd gig after success for many years in their 1st?

Obviously I’d be a fan of Campbell. But what’s up with Kris Richard? He was a hot name a few years back and then nothing.

11 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Nice short list and I agree. I think if we get the right GM in place we won’t go for the “name” guy and that could be a good thing. Outside of Andy Reid, how many name hires went on to have great success in their 2nd gig after success for many years in their 1st?

Obviously I’d be a fan of Campbell. But what’s up with Kris Richard? He was a hot name a few years back and then nothing.

He s in Dallas right now, I have a feeling Jerry wants him to take over DC someday.  I think he 'll get interviews, but I believe he 'll need to be a DC somewhere before taking the next step.  I think Campbell gets a shot this year.  The Saints success helps and his time in Miami as the interim is going to help him.  If he can land Taylor from LA, ownership would be on board.  The DC is the great mystery.  I kind of lean the Glazers will go with previous HC experience with this next hire.

The Andy Reid tree has been terrific, Bieniemy is going to get interviews.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He s in Dallas right now, I have a feeling Jerry wants him to take over DC someday.  I think he 'll get interviews, but I believe he 'll need to be a DC somewhere before taking the next step.  I think Campbell gets a shot this year.  The Saints success helps and his time in Miami as the interim is going to help him.  If he can land Taylor from LA, ownership would be on board.  The DC is the great mystery.  I kind of lean the Glazers will go with previous HC experience with this next hire.

The Andy Reid tree has been terrific, Bieniemy is going to get interviews.

Agree with all you’ve said. As too the bold, it would be so Glazers to do that. Lovie to Dirk to “insert retread coach here.” It’s like a pattern they don’t learn from. Just cuz one new HC to the NFL doesn’t work doesn’t mean we need to go retread the next time. Again, outside of Reid, if a HC is successful in their 1st gig then burns out, how many are successful in their second? 

1 minute ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Agree with all you’ve said. As too the bold, it would be so Glazers to do that. Lovie to Dirk to “insert retread coach here.” It’s like a pattern they don’t learn from. Just cuz one new HC to the NFL doesn’t work doesn’t mean we need to go retread the next time. Again, outside of Reid, if a HC is successful in their 1st gig then burns out, how many are successful in their second? 

There are some all time greats, some really good coaches

Parcells, Hoodie, Gruden, Holmgren Coughlin, Kubiak, Turner

Retread isn t all bad.  Turner is my worst example and he made it to the AFC championship game.  Who knows, the Glazers might go inexperienced again.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

There are some all time greats, some really good coaches

Parcells, Hoodie, Gruden, Holmgren Coughlin, Kubiak, Turner

Retread isn t all bad.  Turner is my worst example and he made it to the AFC championship game.  Who knows, the Glazers might go inexperienced again.

Fair point. But even as you said not every name on that list, namely Turner, is all that. For all those years in between (I know this wasn’t an exhaustive list) there aren’t a ton of guys here. I feel as though we have a better chance to succeed with a fresh new GM who hand picks a first time HC. No real facts to back it up. Just hooked on a feelin. Lol

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

We've tried pretty much every type of coach there is; retreads, college coaches, coordinators. None have worked yet. 

I don't really care which route we take this time.

Yeah but we always go with the wrong types of styles: the wrong retreads (Lovie) the only average college coach (Schiano),the unimaginative OC (Kotter) and the cheap hire (who was probably 5 years too Early) (Rah Rah) for once I would like to get the right coach and the right prospects. I think the Browns and Giants got it right last year with their GM hires while Jason has been more miss than hit

I think there is only one path for Licht to survive.  Convince Arians to come to Tampa.  I know what Arians has said publically, we ll see what happens if Cleveland goes in a different direction.  A distinct possibility if Arians comes back, he ll get Todd Bowles as his DC.  

I just hope they get it right this time.

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

🤔🤔🤔  Intrigue.  I do believe when Arians wants to come back in the league, and he is open to more then Cleveland.  For me, I think his public declaration is "call me, I m open for business".

I'd guess he wants a QB in place. So it would depend on how he feels about Jameis.

Archived