Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd guess he wants a QB in place. So it would depend on how he feels about Jameis.

Yup, he would nt take the job to coach Fitz, not meant to be a slight on him. IIRC, the oldest QB he had was Palmer when he was 33.  He s not joining organization with a 37 yr old journey man QB.  

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd guess he wants a QB in place. So it would depend on how he feels about Jameis.

Idk how I feel about Arians but he has stated numerous times how he worked with Jameis when he was a kid and has a ton of respect for him. I’d have to think that if Tampa called he’d at least listen.

What s fascinating about the next regime search is the expectations of the roster. Carte blanche to cut any player from any position?  That has nt worked out so well in the past with a regime change cutting good players.  

If the Glazers feel strongly about giving Winston a different voice, certainly that will limit the available candidates.  It doesn't mean automatically the choice will be wrong.  Would the Glazers over look health concerns of Arians because of his track record of QBs?  Carson Palmer was thought to be done and got traded for nothing and resurrected with the Cards.  Flip side the Jeff Tedford situation.  Ironically, Marcus Arroyo is the co-OC  at Oregon.  Good for him.

This upcoming draft seems plentiful with defensive help in the 1st round.  I have a tough time turning my head sideways and suggesting any of these qbs I want.  Two things from the new regime.  Address the QB position just by not using a first round pick.  Finally, I would like a defense to be known that plays more man coverage then zone.  4-3 or 3-4  doesn't matter.  I just don't want the 7 yd cushion as a staple in the new defense.

10 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I can't imagine John Harbaugh being fired, but if so they need to do everything they can to get him and whoever else he wants to bring on board. 

I’m not sure what the trend is but most of the qbs drafted in the first round since 2015, has had a new HC to follow the next year or earlier  

the exceptions have been Wentz, Watson and Mahomes  and Qbs minus mayfield in this class . 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Lamar Jackson gets a new HC to mold him into an offense of what Watson and Mahomes run  

51 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’m not sure what the trend is but most of the qbs drafted in the first round since 2015, has had a new HC to follow the next year or earlier  

the exceptions have been Wentz, Watson and Mahomes  and Qbs minus mayfield in this class . 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Lamar Jackson gets a new HC to mold him into an offense of what Watson and Mahomes run  

But Harbaugh is the one that drafted him? 

33 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

But Harbaugh is the one that drafted him? 

Ehh Lovie drafted Jameis. 

Fox drafted tribusky

whisenhunt took Mariota 

fisher drafted Goff 

i get it. Only fox has a super bowl ring and harbaugh is a great coach but new GM new qb. May need a fresh start. 

8 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Ehh Lovie drafted Jameis. 

Fox drafted tribusky

whisenhunt took Mariota 

fisher drafted Goff 

i get it. Only fox has a super bowl ring and harbaugh is a great coach but new GM new qb. May need a fresh start. 

Well good for us if Baltimore wants to move on from him. Yeah sometimes it's needed, but with the way the turnover of coaches has been in the NFL lately, just seems crazy to fire a great coach like Harbaugh. They did win a super bowl with him though. 

On 11/7/2018 at 11:54 AM, Caaddy24 said:

I can't imagine John Harbaugh being fired, but if so they need to do everything they can to get him and whoever else he wants to bring on board. 

Why would you be such a fan and so confident in a John Harbaugh hire? Yeah he won a Super Bowl and had a great start in Baltimore but his last few years haven’t been all that great.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Why would you be such a fan and so confident in a John Harbaugh hire? Yeah he won a Super Bowl and had a great start in Baltimore but his last few years haven’t been all that great.

Cause I'm tired of all these coordinators or college coaches coming in trying out as head coaches. It's a damn revolving door. Harbaugh is a REAL head coach that  is used to a winning culture. 

9 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Cause I'm tired of all these coordinators or college coaches coming in trying out as head coaches. It's a damn revolving door. Harbaugh is a REAL head coach that  is used to a winning culture. 

Mcvay was an OC. 

Sometimes retreads aren’t the best. For every Andy Reid there’s more Jon Gruden, Jeff Fischer, John fox’s and Lovie smiths of the nfl. 

Harbaugh also has not hired good OCs so his track record of late hasn’t been the best. 

11 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Mcvay was an OC. 

Sometimes retreads aren’t the best. For every Andy Reid there’s more Jon Gruden, Jeff Fischer, John fox’s and Lovie smiths of the nfl. 

Harbaugh also has not hired good OCs so his track record of late hasn’t been the best. 

I knew Mcvay would be brought up.. I'm not gonna go through a bunch of names for examples of anything. 

But just to be clear, are you for or against Harbaugh? 

13 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I knew Mcvay would be brought up.. I'm not gonna go through a bunch of names for examples of anything. 

But just to be clear, are you for or against Harbaugh? 

IM not sure. The last few years harbaugh? No. Since the super bowl run he’s been very adequate. I wouldn’t hate it but he’s got some flaws I don’t like  

Going with a coordinator isn’t wrong. It’s just the glazers need to find a guy to get it right. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

IM not sure. The last few years harbaugh? No. Since the super bowl run he’s been very adequate. I wouldn’t hate it but he’s got some flaws I don’t like  

Going with a coordinator isn’t wrong. It’s just the glazers need to find a guy to get it right. 

The guy has 1 season under .500 out of 10. 

Archived