Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

🤔🤔

Glazers probably don’t want a new GM to come in and purge the roster. This kinda makes me sick. Let’s just continue on with a GM and QB that seems like a big red flag to any HC candidate and be back in the same boat in 3 years. I swear the Bucs are the worst franchise in the NFL and always will be. 

So PFT is reporting the Jets are gonna make a run at Jim Harbaugh.  

On a different note, I like the Ravens defense, I just don t know if I m ready to have their DC become the HC.  What s interesting about Martindale, the Raiders interviewed him 09.  He was the DC under Xanders and McDaniels in Denver

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

So PFT is reporting the Jets are gonna make a run at Jim Harbaugh.  

On a different note, I like the Ravens defense, I just don t know if I m ready to have their DC become the HC.  What s interesting about Martindale, the Raiders interviewed him 09.  He was the DC under Xanders and McDaniels in Denver

im looking for tomlin to get fired.

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Richard runs a 4/3. And I'd prefer a 4/3, given our personnel.

I had that sentiment also.  Why I m wavering is because Suggs and Judon (?) are really big 3-4 OLBs.  As we have seen, the Bucs have sprinkled guys standing up.  Just like the Ravens are putting both outside guys in a three point stance.

For me, if a Williams or Oliver fall in the draft, it s going to be hard to bypass because keeping Vea at NT is a waste.  3-4 solves the dilemma because a 2nd 5 tech is needed. 

My concern with most DC candidates tend to be pretty conservative on offense, which is odd because guys like Ryan and Bowles were pretty aggressive DCs.  

Interesting times, I like the idea of retreads not being available to the Bucs because Koetter is still not coming back.  Only a week away before the next chapter begins.  😎

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I had that sentiment also.  Why I m wavering is because Suggs and Judon (?) are really big 3-4 OLBs.  As we have seen, the Bucs have sprinkled guys standing up.  Just like the Ravens are putting both outside guys in a three point stance.

For me, if a Williams or Oliver fall in the draft, it s going to be hard to bypass because keeping Vea at NT is a waste.  3-4 solves the dilemma because a 2nd 5 tech is needed. 

My concern with most DC candidates tend to be pretty conservative on offense, which is odd because guys like Ryan and Bowles were pretty aggressive DCs.  

Interesting times, I like the idea of retreads not being available to the Bucs because Koetter is still not coming back.  Only a week away before the next chapter begins.  😎

We're thin at LB as it is. Even if we bring Kwon back, we'd have two undersized LBs playing in the middle. That would worry me.

I'd rather keep four guys with their hands in the dirt 95%+ of the time and let Lavonte attack without having to fight through the extra traffic the 3/4 usually generates in the middle.

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Yeah that a valid concern and one I share. I say we’d juat have to hope that he’d be the right HC and could get a good OC in here. The offensive coaches up for hire just don’t impress me this year. If we go Dan Campbell maybe he could lure Pete Charmichael and make him assistant HC with play calling duties. If we go Richard maybe he would go for Bevell? Idk now either of those would play out but wouldn’t be the worst OC if we changed the mentality and got tougher with a defensive coach.

Im exited for the next few weeks but also a bit concerned because I’ll make a snap judgment on the hire(s) like anyone and really hope what the Glazers do is something we can actually feel good about.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We're thin at LB as it is. Even if we bring Kwon back, we'd have two undersized LBs playing in the middle. That would worry me.

I'd rather keep four guys with their hands in the dirt 95%+ of the time and let Lavonte attack without having to fight through the extra traffic the 3/4 usually generates in the middle.

I respect and understand your point, just hate the thought of not drafting a better prospect because of scheme.  

In 2 yrs, I think Vea and Williams/Oliver playing 5 tech will be the foundation of a terrific front 7, if it means David phased out because of size and scheme, I m okay with that.  I am just more intetested in controlling the LOS on both sides of the ball.

A good discussion.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Seeing as how we’ve done better with a 4-3 alignment as the season has gone on I feel fine keeping it. Vea can play either position and be a problem. We could get more of a pure pass rusher in the draft and do 3-4 looks if need be or packages that bring that person in at SAM. Not sure how good Kwon really is but he wouldn’t work in 3-4. The new coach will have decisions to make but whatever we do at LB Lavonte better be calling the defense, not Kwon.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I respect and understand your point, just hate the thought of not drafting a better prospect because of scheme.  

In 2 yrs, I think Vea and Williams/Oliver playing 5 tech will be the foundation of a terrific front 7, if it means David phased out because of size and scheme, I m okay with that.  I am just more intetested in controlling the LOS on both sides of the ball.

A good discussion.

I'm all for Oliver. Stick him next to Vea in a 4/3 and let him loose. I don't think we need to change schemes to draft him.

I don't think the transition from 3/4 to 4/3 (or the reverse) is that big coming out of college, in terms of edge rushers. Chubb wasn't supposed to be able to make the switch and he's on pace to have the rookie sack record. Davenport is doing alright in New Orleans when he's healthy.

I don't think drafting a 3/4 edge guy would be a problem. He'd be the same size in a 3/4, going up against the same OTs.

9 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah that a valid concern and one I share. I say we’d juat have to hope that he’d be the right HC and could get a good OC in here. The offensive coaches up for hire just don’t impress me this year. If we go Dan Campbell maybe he could lure Pete Charmichael and make him assistant HC with play calling duties. If we go Richard maybe he would go for Bevell? Idk now either of those would play out but wouldn’t be the worst OC if we changed the mentality and got tougher with a defensive coach.

Im exited for the next few weeks but also a bit concerned because I’ll make a snap judgment on the hire(s) like anyone and really hope what the Glazers do is something we can actually feel good about.

I wonder if the Glazers see how awful the defense has been and really put a priority on getting it fixed.  The problem for me has been schematic with just way too much quarters and cover 2 played by a bunch of different DCs.  

I thought the HC search would be about maintaining the offense, now I believe I was wrong and the priority has changed.

Archived