Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

57 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

The guy has 1 season under .500 out of 10. 

Like I said I wouldn’t hate the hire. But does he want to come to Tampa when say Green Bay is looking like it could be open? 

Seattle could be vacant with Pete Carroll up in age as well and talks/rumors stating he could retire. 

Tampas job isn’t attractive in my eyes for someone like harbaugh with no qb in place and not a whole lot of options 

21 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Like I said I wouldn’t hate the hire. But does he want to come to Tampa when say Green Bay is looking like it could be open? 

Seattle could be vacant with Pete Carroll up in age as well and talks/rumors stating he could retire. 

Tampas job isn’t attractive in my eyes for someone like harbaugh with no qb in place and not a whole lot of options 

I agree.. maybe he's up for a challenge?

But yeah that's why I don't think he'd come here.

I'd take McCarthy too though. 

32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Opposite. Flacco had one good playoff run, but is otherwise a mediocre QB.

Oh ok. I've always liked Flacco, I mean I'd take him over any of the QBs we've had, but I guess that's not saying much. I don't remember them really ever having much of a WR core to play with though. 

44 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I agree.. maybe he's up for a challenge?

But yeah that's why I don't think he'd come here.

I'd take McCarthy too though. 

Bruh

nahhh plz

McCarthy has been living off of Rodgers greatness for years

its doubtful Harbaugh would want to come here, but we can dream

What needs to happen is : getting a hard nose guy that knows how to coach defense (like Harbaugh)  AND keep Monken

17 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Bruh

nahhh plz

What needs to happen is : getting a hard nose guy that knows how to coach defense (like Harbaugh)  AND keep Monken

If and when Green Bay opens up , candidates will want to go there. No doubt. 

Green Bay’s problem is McCarthy is an adequate coach and horrible play caller. The next head guy will have to bring a strong approach defensively and creativity on offense. Rodgers is a unique talent and HOf qb. This guy should have multiple Super Bowls but is getting the Manning syndrome in Indy where he has to shoulder a 3 win team to 10 wins year after year. 

56 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Opposite. Flacco had one good playoff run, but is otherwise a mediocre QB.

Flacco is definitely middle of the pack. I wouldn’t say mediocre. He’s solid qb who’s in the league 10 years. 

There are very few qbs in history that can carry an entire franchise.  

7 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

If and when Green Bay opens up , candidates will want to go there. No doubt. 

Green Bay’s problem is McCarthy is an adequate coach and horrible play caller. The next head guy will have to bring a strong approach defensively and creativity on offense. Rodgers is a unique talent and HOf qb. This guy should have multiple Super Bowls but is getting the Manning syndrome in Indy where he has to shoulder a 3 win team to 10 wins year after year. 

exactly

again why I don't want McCarthy here though

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

exactly

again why I don't want McCarthy here though

I was stating why we won’t land harbaugh. 

I believe the Bucs are going to land a new GM but what they should do is consult someone like ronde barber , Bruce Arians or Tony Dungy into a role to search for the new GM. 

Someone I would lik to hire: 

Louis Riddick. He’s knowledgeable and a good scout. I would also like to bring back Eric stokes to be his right hand man. 

One guy I would look at hiring is Randy Fichtner OC in Pittsburgh. I think that might be an under the radar hire. 

55 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Bruh

nahhh plz

Yeah I like the bold but feel it’s a pipe dream as a Bucs fan. I do wonder if Monken could do better with playcalling tho as we need more under 10 yard passing options and running game. But keep Monken and get Harbaugh would be fine with me.

29 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I was stating why we won’t land harbaugh. 

I believe the Bucs are going to land a new GM but what they should do is consult someone like ronde barber , Bruce Arians or Tony Dungy into a role to search for the new GM. 

Someone I would lik to hire: 

Louis Riddick. He’s knowledgeable and a good scout. I would also like to bring back Eric stokes to be his right hand man. 

One guy I would look at hiring is Randy Fichtner OC in Pittsburgh. I think that might be an under the radar hire. 

I’ve thought of Riddick more as a talking head but could be wrong. Idk what we’ll do with GM search/hire but that is the foundation to if we turn be corner with this team.

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Bruh

nahhh plz

Yeah, that's possible it's all Rodgers. No to McCarthy then. 

Archived