Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

In his presser dirk stated he called the plays for his own reasons. 

To be honest the play calling didn’t seem too different. Just poor execution. 

Wtf?? He flip flops between QBs, fires the D coordinator, now takes over play calling after Monken was doing a good job? He's just gonna keep blaming everyone else but himself? 

That's it for me, he's gotta go. 

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Unless Monken disappeared and they swapped in a body double for the game, there's absolutely 100% zero reason it should've happened.

We ran the ball more, especially early on, so I’d guess Koetter doesn’t think Monken tries as hard as he should to establish the run.

Thing is though, if it works, it works. If you can go 50/50 throwing it, call 50 passes. Balance isn’t an aim in itself, it’s a means to getting the matchups you want. 

1 minute ago, Caaddy24 said:

Wtf?? He flip flops between QBs, fires the D coordinator, now takes over play calling after Monken was doing a good job? He's just gonna keep blaming everyone else but himself? 

That's it for me, he's gotta go. 

We're the number one offense in the NFL? BETTER FIX IT!!!

15 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

We ran the ball more, especially early on, so I’d guess Koetter doesn’t think Monken tries as hard as he should to establish the run.

Thing is though, if it works, it works. If you can go 50/50 throwing it, call 50 passes. Balance isn’t an aim in itself, it’s a means to getting the matchups you want. 

Quizz Rodgers usage all Koetter today, take the vet with limited skill ovet a rookie every time.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Quizz Rodgers usage all Koetter today, take the vet with limited skill ovet a rookie every time.  

Agreed, there was no reason to get away from Wilson today. Quizz is never going to break one, but the rookie might have given us a spark. 

Koetter seems to want to go out on his own terms, which I can respect tbh, even if it’s terrible for my blood pressure.

55 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Agreed, there was no reason to get away from Wilson today. Quizz is never going to break one, but the rookie might have given us a spark. 

Koetter seems to want to go out on his own terms, which I can respect tbh, even if it’s terrible for my blood pressure.

I don t know of any successful HC that throws his starting QB under the bus like him.  Let s start with the offseason when he blamed Jameis for not connecting with DJax deep.  Why was this a problem.  He empowered a diva WR that he was right and doing his job.  How is DJax in run blocking?  Does he play the slot?  The reason why Humphries plays more is because he does more things to help the team.  He doubles down on DJax leadership by letting him return punts when he wants and naming him captain.  

I know, I am the Jameis apologist.  Well, the HC who named Fitz the starter and didn t want him looking over his shoulder, that lasted exactly one game after his post game presser today.

You can t as a HC criticize your QB in public and hope to be successful.  It just doesn t work. Also, you can t throw your coordinator under the bus who was actually doing a good job, but I digress.  He actually helped Monken get another job by his actions today.

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I don t know of any successful HC that throws his starting QB under the bus like him.  Let s start with the offseason when he blamed Jameis for not connecting with DJax deep.  Why was this a problem.  He empowered a diva WR that he was right and doing his job.  How is DJax in run blocking?  Does he play the slot?  The reason why Humphries plays more is because he does more things to help the team.  He doubles down on DJax leadership by letting him return punts when he wants and naming him captain.  

I know, I am the Jameis apologist.  Well, the HC who named Fitz the starter and didn t want him looking over his shoulder, that lasted exactly one game after his post game presser today.

You can t as a HC criticize your QB in public and hope to be successful.  It just doesn t work. Also, you can t throw your coordinator under the bus who was actually doing a good job, but I digress.  He actually helped Monken get another job by his actions today.

I think there’s a difference between acting as an apologist and presenting objective facts/ challenging poor arguments.

Koetter hasn’t created a good environment or culture for this team. There’s a long list of situations he’s mishandled:

- The whole Doug Martin thing

- The whole Winston thing

- Not holding Warhop accountable

- Not holding Smith accountable until it was beyond untenable

- The whole Monken thing

- The Oline rotation

You also make a great point around Jackson basically calling the shots. You don’t allow a player to pick and choose the what and when. The minute you start doing that, pack your bags because that player doesn’t respect you.

Koetter has created a negative environment. Everything in the media is about what players shouldn’t do, not what they should do. We’re coached negatively and as a result, the players appear to focus on not making mistakes, rather than making positive plays. His message simply doesn’t work as an HC.

Archived