Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Another guy with health problems. Always makes me cautious.

Well, he won a SB after a mini stroke in Houston.  Kubiak is just like most coaches, he just can t walk away.  

I hope as Black Monday nears, we get rumors of HC candidates possible coordinators.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Well, he won a SB after a mini stroke in Houston.  Kubiak is just like most coaches, he just can t walk away.  

I hope as Black Monday nears, we get rumors of HC candidates possible coordinators.

I think I'm hopping back on that Dave Toub wagon. But I haven't decided yet.

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think I'm hopping back on that Dave Toub wagon. But I haven't decided yet.

Hmmm, you are, but would the Glazers? He just seems to be going the way of a Teryl Austin or Bevell, who were names at one point, but didn t get a shot.  

I have a feeling, I think Monken lands a college HC job.  Haven t read anything, just my feeling.  

Just now, ravishingone said:

Hmmm, you are, but would the Glazers? He just seems to be going the way of a Teryl Austin or Bevell, who were names at one point, but didn t get a shot.  

I have a feeling, I think Monken lands a college HC job.  Haven t read anything, just my feeling.  

I dunno. When's the last time we really made an exciting move for a HC since trading for Gruden? Toub would be just as boring as Schiano, Raheem, Lovie, or Dirk.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I dunno. When's the last time we really made an exciting move for a HC since trading for Gruden? Toub would be just as boring as Schiano, Raheem, Lovie, or Dirk.

Well there was Chip Kelly for 5 minutes when he was considered the next big thing.  Lovie came off a 10 win season in Chicago, and certainly Reid s success from Philly to KC helped him.  So at those times there was some profile.

I expect them to be linked to big names again.  I don t expect an out of no where hire like Rah or Schiano this time.  I really think the list is the following in no particular order:

Harbaugh, Arians, McCarthy,  and Dan Campbell.  And that s about it.  If Glazers can t get any of these guys, then all bets are off, I have no clue.

If we hire McCarthy I might just stop watching the games. That dude is awful. Harbaugh at least made a SB happen with an average QB and kept that defense nasty. I’ve never been a re tread fan but the only one I’ll be ok with is Harbaugh. Arians doesn’t excite me either but I wouldn’t completely boycott the team like with McCarthy.

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If we hire McCarthy I might just stop watching the games. That dude is awful. Harbaugh at least made a SB happen with an average QB and kept that defense nasty. I’ve never been a re tread fan but the only one I’ll be ok with is Harbaugh. Arians doesn’t excite me either but I wouldn’t completely boycott the team like with McCarthy.

Immediate thoughts/reports indicated McCarthy to Cleveland. And with Baker there, gotta think Cleveland is a more desirable spot. 😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

So below is someone perfect for the Bucs.  I mean if she is good enough for the Browns, why not us....

I'm not sure how serious she is about wanting a HC position, but if so, yeah, I'm on board with her absolutely. She is very knowledgeable about football and has a huge passion for it. 

7 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'm not sure how serious she is about wanting a HC position, but if so, yeah, I'm on board with her absolutely. She is very knowledgeable about football and has a huge passion for it. 

Sounds like she wants to be the commish after Goodell retires. Apparently she's friends with the Haslams and just wanted a way to get her name out there.

Just now, ravishingone said:

Got a feeling Jim Schwartz ian t going to get a lot of love in the interview process.  A real wildcard is Todd Wash.  Jags grea year last season, defense not as good this year, but offense a lot worse.

What about Pittsburgh OC - Fichtner ? 11 years under Tomlin. He’s done a great job. 

Archived