Tuitt

Watt, Dupree, Bostic, Williams

DBs

Offensive scheme

Defensive scheme

What is our identity on Offense?

What is our defensive identity?

What defensive player is a playmaker?

Why is Ben so off target and displaying such horrible body language?

Up

V-Mac , he is the only player that wakes this crowd up.  It's the sad state of this team, but they need to keep him and get more players that are physical.

Haden -made a few good plays

Bostic - made some good plays ,  better player than VW 

Switzer - that was a good idea to get AB off ST, but for Switzer to help on offence is a bonus

The camera person that had that shot of the D after 14-0 . They were sitting around like at a  camp fire, says it all for me.

Down

D - possibly the worst in the league and on route to that anyways. Main culprits are DC, safeties , burns and lack of pass rush . 

ben - you looked disinterested in the playoff loss last  year. Now haley is gone, and you play disinterested too often. That old adage about having one  foot out the door when talking about retiring is true I am noticing.

OL - foster and pouncey were bad,  time to move on from them. Pouncey has been so overrated for years and foster is slow.  The oL couldn't run block, and bell wouldn't get yards either (for the media people) 

Colbert - you wasted many top  draft picks and this D is possibly the worst in the league and is the worst this team has has in over 45 years.  On top of that, you decided to play hardball with bell when you could have possibly moved him and signed ET.  This D needs all the help it can get ASAP. 

ben - all that talk about being accurate was just lie . The talk of retiring wasn't and it shows. Get interested and be consistent or get traded.  He isn't going to face many more really bad defences the rest of the season and needs to play to his ability and be ready. Good for a half or a Qtr won't make it this year. 

up

2nd quarter offense

defense folding but not breaking in the 2nd half(sad that this feels like a up for that unit) but they only gave up 9 pts that half. our all world offense should be able to put up at least 10 points in 4-5 possessions they had.

several good games this wk outside the steeler game. NFL has been fun so far this yr imo

down

everything else

5 Up

1. Antonio Brown working himself open -- If you were at the game, you'd appreciate this more.  At least 3 times he was wide open near the endzone or deep down the sideline and the ball was thrown on a little dump off instead.

2.  Boswell finally shaking off the cobwebs!

3. Jordan Berry - I actually thought this was his best game.  There was one punt that was short-ish but it was super high and nonreturnable.  The thing is, I'm pretty sure that drive also ended with Collins fumbling.

4. The National Anthem -- I don't recall the girls name but she did a great job.

5.  The fist fight that almost happened in the concession stand line, that was hilarious (yep you had to be there)

5 Down

1.  The defense -- it was attrocious, looked confused all game, wasn't getting much pressure, continuously getting burnt on the ground and through the air for huge gains.

2. Ben Roethlisberger - Dude, wtf!? He was so off target most of the game, missing wide open receivers, that Int was just a stupid pass.

3. Refs -- good lord, that crack back block penalty was pathetic and the fact they didn't call a penalty on Maxx Williams for an illegal formation was ridiculous.

4. Mike Tomlin -- Beyond the obviously crappy gameplan, there was the challenge flag you decided to throw out.. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? That was just a terrible coaching decision, you knew damn well you weren't gonna win that.

5.  Keith Butler - how do I put this? Time for you to move on in your career somewhere else pal.

6. DHB -- When you're not getting penalized, you're getting hurt...just saying

7. TOP -- Great you probably led time of possession (did they?) but what did that matter when you punted 6 times in the 2nd half alone...

Up:

1) Boswell--Finally hit some easy ones.  Something he wasn't doing before.

2) Sensabaugh--Much to my surprise, I thought he made some nice plays this game and wasn't a total liability

3) Vance Mcdonald--He's an asset on this team when health

4) Haden--The only reliable piece in our secondary

5) I really don't have another one

Down:

1) COACHING--The defensive coaching on this team is just so bad.  The constant "miscommunication" is astonishing as it has been going on for almost a year now.  Offensively, I am really not a fan of the constant empty sets.  At least pretend you're willing to run the ball sometimes

2) Terrell Edmunds--I'm not sure he could've played much worse honestly.  He was bad...really bad.  When you see a game like that, it becomes really hard to be optimistic about his future

3) Ben--He was pretty awful in the second half.  When he's great, he's pretty great.  When he isn't, he can be a liability.  He was a liability in the second half

4) TJ Watt & Bud Dupree--I really like TJ Watt but he is a complimentary piece.  He can't win 1 on 1 matchups consistently.  Bud Dupree solely relies on athleticism and it is maddening

5) Heyward & Tuitt--Heyward is the one player on this defense that is upper echelon but he was nowhere to be found last night.  Tuitt has been a disappearing act since his contract extension.  Last night was no different.

@wwhickok Tomlin threw the flag because the Sideline Referee said there were 12 guys on the field. Coach T did it so there could be a discussion, which was accidentally broadcast through the Head Ref's microphone, who basically bullied the younger Ref, who admitted there were 12 defenders, yet he was forced to change his verdict. Pathetic by the Refs.

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

@wwhickok Tomlin threw the flag because the Sideline Referee said there were 12 guys on the field. Coach T did it so there could be a discussion, which was accidentally broadcast through the Head Ref's microphone, who basically bullied the younger Ref, who admitted there were 12 defenders, yet he was forced to change his verdict. Pathetic by the Refs.

That was the second flag he threw.

Archived