GDT Week #5 Steelers vs. Falcons

Steeler Hitman

25 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I was disappointed as you were. I thought they would score much more on our D and now see this game as a misleading result that could affect us going into next weeks game.  Injuries can really take a toll on a team and unfortunately it's the falcons turn for this.  No fan likes when this happens, but most experience this eventually.   Maybe this game will wake up the falcons, think positive

Steeler defense is top in pressures ( through week 4) so it is not surprising that they got some pressure.  I was surprised how well Edmunds played.

40 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Steeler defense is top in pressures ( through week 4) so it is not surprising that they got some pressure.  I was surprised how well Edmunds played.

We were also one of the teams with the highest blitz rates.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

blitzing has worked, I'm not sold on consistent line up and win the matches pressure though. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Extremely surprised. I have been a huge critic of Edmunds' so hey Im pleasantly surprised.

He might need familiarity with the scheme, so time and  coaching could solve this. We know he has hands and can run like a RB, so we just need to find a way to repeat all that;)

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

We were also one of the teams with the highest blitz rates.

thanks;) If we trade for Graham and Adeyini returns, that could change for the better.  

31 minutes ago, warfelg said:

good stat, I never knew that kept track of this. So much for Ben being the most accurate he has been according to him back in the summer.  He seems to find everyone else at a better rate for some reason, is it him or the WR or possibly good coverage? 

Missed tackles RB's caused so far this season

NAME TEAM NO.
Source: Pro Football Focus
James Conner Steelers 32
Saquon Barkley Giants 27
Kareem Hunt Chiefs 26
Marshawn Lynch Raiders 23
Melvin Gordon Chargers 23
Christian McCaffrey Panthers 23

@JLambert58 good one , I watched a Troy highlight clip the other day, there will never be another Troy thats for sure. Unreal.

I want the OL to be serious these next few games and let Connor get the yards and TD's and especially the GL leap which was like walter payton .  We don't see that too much anymore do we? If connor has a few more nice games , Defences will have to adjust like they did with Bell .

Maybe Bell and Connor will split snaps for a while if Bell returns. If Connor is better, leave him out there and Bell can preserve his health from the sidelines

On 10/9/2018 at 5:02 PM, 3rivers said:

@JLambert58 good one , I watched a Troy highlight clip the other day, there will never be another Troy thats for sure. Unreal.

I want the OL to be serious these next few games and let Connor get the yards and TD's and especially the GL leap which was like walter payton .  We don't see that too much anymore do we? If connor has a few more nice games , Defences will have to adjust like they did with Bell .

Maybe Bell and Connor will split snaps for a while if Bell returns. If Connor is better, leave him out there and Bell can preserve his health from the sidelines

At this point in the season, Conner is probably better than Bell, until further notice.   Bell will have to earn his time back while he gets back in football shape.  

Hoping Ben turns the corner like he did last year after the Jacksonville debacle.   

If he does, they need to make sure Ben gets plenty of playing time in the preseason.     I dont care how old he is or how long he has been around....Ben has proven that he needs those reps.    Looking good in training camp doesnt mean squat.

If Ben doesn't start playing lights out, this team is done for. They have one of the toughest remaining schedules in the league. Every team in the division can match up against them. These next few weeks are going to define the season. Three straight divisional games when they're already 0-2, and then Carolina and Jacksonville. The good news is those latter games may not matter. If they don't come out and put their stamp on the division this week, they're done. The weakest teams on the schedule are Denver in Denver and Oakland in Oakland. Not places they traditionally play well.

They had better hope they righted things this past week whatever the issues were. I'm not sure the Steelers are even as talented as a lot of the teams they're going to face. This is a must win game.

Archived