Isn't anybody super excited by Julian Edelman coming back this week?!

DoleINGout

I'm really excited, but it's more for the energy that he brings to the team. He has that fiery personality that this team needs and can build upon.

Of course I hope he can come back to his old self and help Brady by giving him a target he feels he can rely upon.

However good or bad he is, there's at least a couple of weeks of defenses having to treat him as if he's his old self. And even if he's slow or can't cut as well, he's got good hands and great chemistry with Brady. I'm comfortable with 70 catches for 650 yards if he's reliable and opens things up for Gronkowski or Hogan even a little bit.

Patriots don't need him to be great. It would be nice obviously but it will be a huge boost if they can spread the catches around with Gronk, White, Edelman, Gordon, Hogan and Dorsett.  That's a much better arsenal than we had the first few weeks.

Gronk 1,000 yards

Edelman 700 yards

White 600 yards

Gordon 600 yards

Hogan 500 yards

Dorsett 400 yards

Patterson 250 yards

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Didn’t you predict he’d be cut?

Yes, prior to his suspension and contingient on Gronk being traded and then Brady being so frustrated he retired. Gronk was traded in principal and threatened to retire so he stayed. Brady kept Gronk and remained loyal to his brand, his teammate, and Mr. Kraft, and Edelman got suspended so he couldn't really be cut at that point and there was no need to clean house since Brady and Gronk were sticking around. Kraft also keeping McDaniels over GM Bill Belichick played a role in this too.

We are in week 5 now and Edelman is coming back at a time when Josh Gordon will be entering his second active game on the Patriots and the team is starting find it's footing this season. So for those reasons, I think the timing is exciting.

Archived