Sign in to follow this  
MrCincinnati

Week 5 Dolphins @ Bengals

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Scheme tendancies.  

The Bengals seem to do well with teams they play a lot or against former coaches

At least since lazor took over. Are the dolphins common or uncommon?

8 hours ago, theJ said:

Answer my own question here: The Dolphins are uncommon.

In the past that'd be really good news.  But he's been performing worse against uncommon opponents since Lazor took over.  Not sure what effect former coaches have.  I haven't seen that statistically derived.

12 hours ago, theJ said:

Dolphins are uncommon, but we play former coaches like they are common.

It's rookie QBs that give us fits, or at least did until recently

This looks like a classic trap game. Just came off a huge come from behind win on the road and the stillers are next week. I feel like Andy is going to stay in his groove and win another track meet.

bengals 42

Dolphins 27

5 hours ago, theJ said:

Answer my own question here: The Dolphins are uncommon.

Falcons were "uncommon" and we lit them up.  Injuries played into that but the Dolphins on defense aren't exactly healthy either (especially on that DL).

The whole common/uncommon thing doesn't really matter anymore since Lazor implemented his system tbh...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Falcons were "uncommon" and we lit them up.  Injuries played into that but the Dolphins on defense aren't exactly healthy either (especially on that DL).

The whole common/uncommon thing doesn't really matter anymore since Lazor implemented his system tbh...

I thought i saw where Joe Goodberry had said since Lazor took over that Dalton was actually worse against uncommon opponents than common.  I couldn't find the stats when i looked this morning though.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I thought i saw where Joe Goodberry had said since Lazor took over that Dalton was actually worse against uncommon opponents than common.  I couldn't find the stats when i looked this morning though.

He did but that was prior to the season with a very small sample size and not taking into account Lazor having a full offseason to implement his system.  Which is why I think the whole common/uncommon debate is now defunct...

On 10/5/2018 at 4:24 PM, TheVillain112 said:

He did but that was prior to the season with a very small sample size and not taking into account Lazor having a full offseason to implement his system.  Which is why I think the whole common/uncommon debate is now defunct...

You're probably right. The colts and ravens were both common, Atlanta and Carolina uncommon. Dalton has played well in each game (although the Carolina stats won't reflect that). 

On our way to the game. I’m thinking Auden Tate should be active this game. He might be a good replacement for Eifert in the red zone 

Late with my pick, sorry. I think the defense makes a statement today, but I'm still not sold on the offense.

Dolphins 7 Bengals 20

Here's to a good game everyone. If you have any questions about the Fins, let me know. 

That didn’t look good for WJ3. Hopefully just tweaked it. And now Preston took a shot from Shawn Williams. Refs look like they only throwing secondary flags on players in stripes.

garbage on both sides of the ball so far..

at least we know we have those amazing half time adjustments coming