Week 5 Dolphins @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Scheme tendancies.  

The Bengals seem to do well with teams they play a lot or against former coaches

At least since lazor took over. Are the dolphins common or uncommon?

8 hours ago, theJ said:

At least since lazor took over. Are the dolphins common or uncommon?

Answer my own question here: The Dolphins are uncommon.

In the past that'd be really good news.  But he's been performing worse against uncommon opponents since Lazor took over.  Not sure what effect former coaches have.  I haven't seen that statistically derived.

5 hours ago, theJ said:

Answer my own question here: The Dolphins are uncommon.

Falcons were "uncommon" and we lit them up.  Injuries played into that but the Dolphins on defense aren't exactly healthy either (especially on that DL).

The whole common/uncommon thing doesn't really matter anymore since Lazor implemented his system tbh...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Falcons were "uncommon" and we lit them up.  Injuries played into that but the Dolphins on defense aren't exactly healthy either (especially on that DL).

The whole common/uncommon thing doesn't really matter anymore since Lazor implemented his system tbh...

I thought i saw where Joe Goodberry had said since Lazor took over that Dalton was actually worse against uncommon opponents than common.  I couldn't find the stats when i looked this morning though.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I thought i saw where Joe Goodberry had said since Lazor took over that Dalton was actually worse against uncommon opponents than common.  I couldn't find the stats when i looked this morning though.

He did but that was prior to the season with a very small sample size and not taking into account Lazor having a full offseason to implement his system.  Which is why I think the whole common/uncommon debate is now defunct...

On 10/5/2018 at 4:24 PM, TheVillain112 said:

He did but that was prior to the season with a very small sample size and not taking into account Lazor having a full offseason to implement his system.  Which is why I think the whole common/uncommon debate is now defunct...

You're probably right. The colts and ravens were both common, Atlanta and Carolina uncommon. Dalton has played well in each game (although the Carolina stats won't reflect that). 

Archived