Sign in to follow this  
MrCincinnati

Week 5 Dolphins @ Bengals

14 minutes ago, theJ said:

yikes

Happy the Bowns game is on here from the highlights(or lack of) I've seen.  Hope the 2nd half is a different story.  

Defense had a little redemption half today. Good for them. 

Mixon rebounded well too. 

Don't know why core got some single WR packages in critical situations. The offense is clearly worse without Ross and Eifert though. 

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Defense had a little redemption half today. Good for them. 

Mixon rebounded well too. 

Don't know why core got some single WR packages in critical situations. The offense is clearly worse without Ross and Eifert though. 

Yes, it was kind of head scratching to watch Green and Boyd come off the field on some 3rd downs. 

On 10/2/2018 at 12:02 PM, TheVillain112 said:

27 - 20 Bengals.

Only 3 points off.  Exactly the way I thought.  2 defensive TDs to win, lol...

I thanked a couple of Dolphin fans for the gifted comeback.  The game absolutely turned when the Dolphins, on third and inches, inexplicably decided to throw an incomplete bomb down the right sideline.  Forced a punt, and off we went.

sad that the defensive line outscored  the entire offense, but that's what we needed today.  Thought that the offense would be able to exploit some things, but they pressured Dalton all day.

17 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

sad that the defensive line outscored  the entire offense, but that's what we needed today.  Thought that the offense would be able to exploit some things, but they pressured Dalton all day.

Some days the defense has to win it.  Happens to every team, and they executed it well.

As for the 3rd down, that helped.  But there were extra chances besides that one, and i'm not sure the Dolphins would have went on to score there anywhere.  They had trouble moving the ball the entire 2nd half.

Their lines we're abusing ours on both offense and defense. That inexplicably reversed for some reason in the second half. 

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Their lines we're abusing ours on both offense and defense. That inexplicably reversed for some reason in the second half. 

One of the Dolphins starting tackles went out (i think the RT?).  The backup was abused worse than Ced ever has been.

I believe i saw a quote where one of the Bengals DL actually said the backup came in and looked scared.

40 minutes ago, theJ said:

One of the Dolphins starting tackles went out (i think the RT?).  The backup was abused worse than Ced ever has been.

I believe i saw a quote where one of the Bengals DL actually said the backup came in and looked scared.

Tunsil was out too.

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

Sam Young, "replacing" LT Tunsil, was the culprit. 

That's the guy i was talking about.

He pretty much got Tannehill murdered over and over again.

As long as Tunsil comes back healthy, I'm not going to read much into this loss. Gore was picking up nice yards almost every play it seemed. They went away from him later in the game for some reason. I see only ONE Gore run in the 4th Q. And why not run it to the right when the DLine is stacked to the left?

This was one of the most impressive wins I can remember. Sure Gase/Tannehill gifted us some beauties, but a comeback win like this is unheard of for us. I was at the SD game like ten years ago when we blew a similar lead to young Rivers and LT. This team reminds me a lot of the Cardiac Cats season, though we're definitely better this year than that team was. I was at the ESPN Club at Disney watching this surrounded by Dolphins fans and at halftime I warned them it was far from over. I was drinking the tears of Dolphins' fans (or Bud Light, not sure) come 4:30. Then stumbled into Epcot and finished off a great Sunday.

15 hours ago, Anonymous3 said:

This was one of the most impressive wins I can remember. Sure Gase/Tannehill gifted us some beauties, but a comeback win like this is unheard of for us. I was at the SD game like ten years ago when we blew a similar lead to young Rivers and LT. This team reminds me a lot of the Cardiac Cats season, though we're definitely better this year than that team was. I was at the ESPN Club at Disney watching this surrounded by Dolphins fans and at halftime I warned them it was far from over. I was drinking the tears of Dolphins' fans (or Bud Light, not sure) come 4:30. Then stumbled into Epcot and finished off a great Sunday.

This game, and the game versus the Seahawks at home when we came back from like 3 scores (?) and Eifert was on fire.