Feed The Zeke: A Leader In The Making

D82

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im torn. The plan when we drafted him was 5 years (maybe 6 if we franchise) of running him into the ground, then let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick. 

But he is such a big part of what we are. 

He is. Guess you have to ask if he's an LT/Emmitt or DeMarco 

5 hours ago, D82 said:

He is. Guess you have to ask if he's an LT/Emmitt or DeMarco 

I really want to see how he holds up physically next year if he continues being healthy I mightbxhange my mind and feal he is worth keeping longer then the 6.   I don’t know though is his rookie contract 4 or 5 years.   ????   

Someone said there is no way we drafted a player at #4 overall that has a ZERO% chance of being extended. Because he's done everything performance wise to earn it. So if he doesn't get it then he never had a chance. And we wouldn't invest a #4 in a player that never had a chance.

BUT

I think there was a belief that he was drafted for Romo. To extend his career, and help compete during his window, without caring much for what happens 5 years later . Now that Romo is gone, the team may view Zeke differently. 

56 minutes ago, quiller said:

I really want to see how he holds up physically next year if he continues being healthy I mightbxhange my mind and feal he is worth keeping longer then the 6.   I don’t know though is his rookie contract 4 or 5 years.   ????   

That would be a nice plan/approach but the problem is he wants a new deal this off season......after his 3rd season. So what kind of mood would he be in if we didn't give him a new deal just so we can "see how he holds up physically next year (year 4). So totally opposite of what he wants to do.

Archived