NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

7 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Anyone paying attention to Pascal Siakam this season?

He's having a really strong year. The Raptors front office getting Siakam at 27 in 2016 and Anunoby at 23 in 2017 was huge for them going forward. Those two guys are the perfect role players in the modern game and will be huge for them in the postseason. 

5 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

No match 4 the bucks

Cant argue that right now haha but also HCA may be a big factor this year and you guys already have 3 losses what’s up with that?

And I may as well remind you while we’re on the subject the OG pick was the pick Toronto got from Milwaukee for Greivis Vasquez. What could have been..

17 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

The East now has 4 of the 5 best teams in the NBA (assuming Boston eventually gets their kinks worked out).

Typical LeBron, always trying to go to the weaker conference SMH. 

Kings were trash yesterday but who would have thought they would be one of the most exciting teams in the league? 

Lakers should now have a 10-12 defense with Chandler. Gives them two capable rim defending bigs. 

4 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Cant argue that right now haha but also HCA may be a big factor this year and you guys already have 3 losses what’s up with that?

And I may as well remind you while we’re on the subject the OG pick was the pick Toronto got from Milwaukee for Greivis Vasquez. What could have been..

we've had the hardest schedule in the entire league. also prolly gonna pick up another schedule L tonight vs denver. 

that said, no one in the east scares me that much. i think the raptors and celtics can both beat us, but i think it will go down to which team has the better series at the time. like you said, HCA will most likely be big in the end. 

not a fan of the jimmy butler trade for the sixers. i think it was a good move they went for it, but they gave up even more shooting they couldn't afford to lose. 

You guys are now severely underrating Butler. Did they lose some shooting? Sure, but now they finally have a perimeter player that could create his own shot down the stretch. Simmons because he can't shoot becomes a non-factor and the entire offense becomes Embiid post ups or face ups. And once they double him, it becomes easy to stop the 76ers offense. Butler is a legitimate star who will give them a shot against any of the top East teams. Without him and the current squad they had? Were going to get bounced once again in the 2nd round fairly easy. 

Have to start Redick now. But obviously will still need to get another shooter and improve the bench. Any buy out or trade candidates out there? How about Korver? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You guys are now severely underrating Butler. Did they lose some shooting? Sure, but now they finally have a perimeter player that could create his own shot down the stretch. Simmons because he can't shoot becomes a non-factor and the entire offense becomes Embiid post ups or face ups. And once they double him, it becomes easy to stop the 76ers offense. Butler is a legitimate star who will give them a shot against any of the top East teams. Without him and the current squad they had? Were going to get bounced once again in the 2nd round fairly easy. 

Have to start Redick now. But obviously will still need to get another shooter and improve the bench. Any buy out or trade candidates out there? How about Korver? 

Agreed. Butler is a huge help to them and diversifies their offense so much.

Definitely need to switch Fultz and Redick in the starting 5.

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Butler is a great player, but fit matters, and it's not an amazing fit *shrugs*. It's an alright fit, but I don't think it moves the needle that much for Philly tbh. 

That team has lost a ton of shooting from last year, which is partially what made them good. 

Will gladly eat my words if Philly makes the ECF. Still think top 3 are milwaukee/toronto/boston in whatever order you want at the moment. think philly sits fourth.

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

Butler is a great player, but fit matters, and it's not an amazing fit *shrugs*. It's an alright fit, but I don't think it moves the needle that much for Philly tbh. 

That team has lost a ton of shooting from last year, which is partially what made them good. 

Will gladly eat my words if Philly makes the ECF. Still think top 3 are milwaukee/toronto/boston in whatever order you want at the moment. think philly sits fourth.

Covington isn’t even a better shooter than Butler. Saric is alright I guess.

I’m sure they’ll get a Belinelli/Ilyasova type around the time vets get bought out.

there's really nothing to convince me of. we'll see, but i don't love the fit. 

once again, i don't think it was a bad move per se, i just don't know that it should send shockwaves to the east's other top teams.

one thing that is nice is butler isn't a high usg% player, so shouldn't disrupt things too much in that regard.

1 hour ago, IrishGreen said:

That shooting really does no good down the stretch when you play teams on your level. The 76ers biggest weakness was closing out games vs the Celtics. They were in nearly every game that series but would get out-executed by the Celtics. Big reason for that is you can take one dimensional shooters like Redick out of the game and it comes down to having guys that could get you buckets when you need them. Butler can do that. No longer will it be exclusively Embiid having to make every play down the stretch.