TheKillerNacho

Bucs name Winston the starter over FITZMAGIC

2 hours ago, Elky said:

He's destined for the Raiders.

Oh god he is isn't he?  Old journeyman with flashes of great games?  Dude's got GRUDEN GRINDER written all over him.

I give it 2-3 weeks before Winston is benched for Fitzmagic. 

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3523107

42 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Why? It's the same regime that drafted Jameis. His leash is a lot longer than Fitz's.

8 minutes ago, Elky said:

Why? It's the same regime that drafted Jameis. His leash is a lot longer than Fitz's.

I don't think it's as long as we all assume. If you take the off-field distractions and the on field performance (which isn't exactly #1 pick worthy - might not even be 1st round worthy) I can see a scenario where they cut their losses, put in Fitzpatrick to hold down the fort for the remainder of the season and then part ways with Winston during the off-season.

It's pure speculation on my part, so I could be reading the situation wrong - but I think they expected more on-field from Winston, and it never developed as they wanted.

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't think it's as long as we all assume. If you take the off-field distractions and the on field performance (which isn't exactly #1 pick worthy - might not even be 1st round worthy) I can see a scenario where they cut their losses, put in Fitzpatrick to hold down the fort for the remainder of the season and then part ways with Winston during the off-season.

It's pure speculation on my part, so I could be reading the situation wrong - but I think they expected more on-field from Winston, and it never developed as they wanted.

Maybe... but Dirk Koetter's job is connected to Jameis. He was hired to develop Jameis. If Jameis is gone, so is Dirk so I don't think Dirk would bench him. Honestly, it's probably why he's getting the job back, already.

I think Jameis would have to really suck (like, a complete implosion) or get hurt for us to see Fitzmagic again. Dirk needs Winston to show something positive or he'll be shown the door.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Maybe... but Dirk Koetter's job is connected to Jameis. He was hired to develop Jameis. If Jameis is gone, so is Dirk so I don't think Dirk would bench him. Honestly, it's probably why he's getting the job back, already.

I think Jameis would have to really suck (like, a complete implosion) or get hurt for us to see Fitzmagic again. Dirk needs Winston to show something positive or he'll be shown the door.

This is all fair...

This isn't really news. It's been the plan since the suspension was announced.

Posted (edited)

The coaching staff better hope he plays well or they will all be having to update their resumes (accept for maybe Monken and Buckner). 

Edited by Jimmy Austin

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Folks don't understand just how much Jameis is loved within the organization, top to bottom.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Austin said:

The coaching staff better hope he plays well or they will all be having to update their resumes (accept for maybe Monken and Buckner). 

They'd all be gone. 

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Folks don't understand just how much Jameis is loved within the organization, top to bottom.

I admittedly don't - and it's baffling. What is it with him that gets him loved so much? I see a distraction off the field and an average at best QB.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I admittedly don't - and it's baffling. What is it with him that gets him loved so much? I see a distraction off the field and an average at best QB.

🤷

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well Winston...you have 1 more chance.

I hope it's just one more chance. We've given him every chance to succeed. We've specifically built the team to give him weapons. We fired Lovie to promote Koetter to keep the offense the same.

There are no more excuses.