Week 5: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Kansas City Chiefs - #1 vs #1

pwny

Well, hopefully that type of divisional game with the high intensity it was all game brings KC down a peg next week.

I'm a tad worried based on how we've struggled to contain some QB's who can run with Mahomes though. It's clear as day that he can escape the pocket easily, we have to contain him so he doesn't get outside the pocket and extend plays. If we let that happen, it's going to be tough to win unless Bortles has another big day.

Their offense is the type that gives us fits: 

LEGIT speed. Cooks and Anderson got deep vs our D. Hill is more dangerous than both.

A Rb who can do it all and make tacklers miss.

A good receiving TE.

And a QB who can run and extend plays. 

This is the ultimate test for this team.  Maybe the skeptic in me,  but I think Reid and his coaches wins this for them by out coaching ours.

54 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There's no reason for Malik, Calais, Yann, etc. not to feast imo.

Disagree. We've seen this defense get gashed by receiving TE/backs after the playaction.

Play-action also slows down our pass rush. All the trick/gadgets that Reid calls are meant to give the defense an extra split second to slow down and diagnose what they are doing.

I don't think Sacksonville can just go balls to the wall with all the different formations that they use.

I think the key is going to be stopping the run with our front 6/7 which allows our back end to just cover.

And even playing perfect coverage, Mahomes has the arm to squeeze it in (like the SF game when our defense was basically just a hair slower than Jimmy' s trigger).

I think what's going to be important is that the good Blake shows up. We NEED to be able to score early and control the clock.

We need Mahomes taking risky chances that our defense can capitalize on. 

I don't think it's fair to expect this defense to hold them to under 15 points.

It doesn't have to be a shootout, but we can't play this like we did the Giants, Tenn games hoping our special teams or defense spots us a touchdown.

Plus we will be on the road too, and Step ahead isn't exactly a quiet place for visitors.

I hope this team really buckles up and shows up as a lot of eyes will be on this game. 

If this was a primetime game, the hype for this match up would have been off the charts.

But hey, NFL gonna NFL

4 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Disagree. We've seen this defense get gashed by receiving TE/backs after the playaction.

Play-action also slows down our pass rush. All the trick/gadgets that Reid calls are meant to give the defense an extra split second to slow down and diagnose what they are doing.

I don't think Sacksonville can just go balls to the wall with all the different formations that they use.

I think the key is going to be stopping the run with our front 6/7 which allows our back end to just cover.

And even playing perfect coverage, Mahomes has the arm to squeeze it in (like the SF game when our defense was basically just a hair slower than Jimmy' s trigger).

I think what's going to be important is that the good Blake shows up. We NEED to be able to score early and control the clock.

We need Mahomes taking risky chances that our defense can capitalize on. 

I don't think it's fair to expect this defense to hold them to under 15 points.

It doesn't have to be a shootout, but we can't play this like we did the Giants, Tenn games hoping our special teams or defense spots us a touchdown.

Plus we will be on the road too, and Step ahead isn't exactly a quiet place for visitors.

I hope this team really buckles up and shows up as a lot of eyes will be on this game. 

If this was a primetime game, the hype for this match up would have been off the charts.

But hey, NFL gonna NFL

Not talking about sacks. I'm talking about making him uncomfortable. I definitely expect the guys I listed to beat their man plenty based on how their OL looked yesterday.

The Denver front 7 (not even Von really though, Schwartz shockingly kept him in check all last night) were constantly in the backfield. The main reason he had success was from scrambling outside of the pocket and extending plays. Denver's D did an atrocious job of keeping that in check. They'd keep trying to collapse the pocket and he'd just step outside and sling it down the field. We've had our problems with that ourselves, hence why I said it'll be big if we want to keep him in check/win this. 

Archived