1/4 season MVP

malak1

6 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Well, here's where we're gonna run into the issue of you reading original posts and taking to heart the poster's intent...

I took the title to mean, if the season ended tonight and awards were given out, who's the MVP.

If we're taking an early look at who's in the running? Mack's probably in the conversation. He might even win it if both Goff and Mahomes get Tyler Eifert'ed within the next couple weeks, and Mack starts playing under center and hangs 45 TDs before the season's over.

I think we're on the same page,  just on a different books here.

You're thinking more in terms of week 17 and I'm thinking of week 4 (as per the OP's post) while also considering how the voters would vote as of now.

I'm not in any way saying that Mack or Zeke will win MVP. They would need to put up numbers beyond belief for that happen---see Watt or Kuechly-- I'm just saying that as of right now, week 4, they belong in the conversation. 

14 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

no one mentions the saint wr who is on pace for 200 catches

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No. He's an OPOY candidate, but his QB might be more in line to win an MVP award.

That saints WR is so good we forgot his name. 

1a Mahomes

1b Goff

3 Mack

I have both Mahomes and Goff in a tie after the MNF game. The reason is because people remember the games the primetime games the most. Both Goff and Mahomes played tough defenses. Say what you want to say about the Vikings, they have the coaching and personnel on the defense. They were the #1 ranked defense last season and still have pretty much the same personnel. Goff carved them up to the tune of 465yds passing and 5tds. Mahomes on the other hand had 304yds passing 1 passing td and 1 rushing td. Both guys delivered because the Rams defense wasnt making the stops until the 4th quarter thus every td pass Goff had was needed. The Chiefs needed those plays and tds from Mahomes to win. So it comes to just raw numbers when the world is watching and Goff was brilliant. Mahomes showed he can do it even when he isnt on his A+ game but Goff showed already that he can deliver when he isnt on his A+ game too this season. So in essences its a tie. We shall see how Goff will fair in Week 6 when he faces the same Broncos defense in Denver. 

As for Mack, right now he is playing at an MVP level which is the reason why the Bears are 3-1 and should be 4-0 had not it been for ARod coming out in the 2nd half and showing why he is that baaaaaaaadddddddd man. Like people are gushing over Trubisky for what he did against the pathetic Bears defense. Mack and the Bears defense carried to Bears to 2 of their 3 wins. I dont think over the course of the season Mack will stay in the top 3 because how many defensive players finish top 3 in the MVP voting? As of right now Mack is in the top 3 voting for the MVP.

I think Mahomes is in the lead with a lot of football left to be played. Mahomes is the new flashy toy so it will garner more attention and he's playing out of his mind. There stats will be similar, but Mahomes will have more overall TD's and Goff should have close to if not over 5000 passing yards. Could come down to where their teams finish within the conference.

I believe that Tom Brady used the time machine that Alex Guerrero built for him and traveled back in time with Aaron Rodgers to carry out a secret love affair that resulted in a child that Bill Belichick flew in on his broomstick on and snatched away to raise and that girl was named Patrick Mahomes

Right now? Mahomes or Goff are the only guys in the discussion, but of course at this juncture last season Alex Smith was by himself in the MVP discussion, a lot can and will happen. 

By season's end there are plenty of guys with potential to be in the race. Brady, Brees, Wentz, Newton, Dalton, Flacco, Rodgers, Cousins, Mack, Watt, Kamara, Gurley, Julio... Probably some others I'm missing. I'd bet a lot of money it will be a QB though. Flacco and Dalton may seem jarring to include, but if they continue their current pace? Their teams go 12-4? Mahomes/Goff fall to earth? Not out of the question. Pretty stats at QB and a good team record are all it takes. 

If I have to predict the MVP race at season's end, I say it'll be

1. Goff

2. Brady

3. Kamara

Archived