1/4 season MVP

malak1

9 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Truthfully Mack is playing like the best player in the league right now.  There's been more than a few commentators who have said hes the flat out MVP not just DPOY.  Will the voters give it to him? Probably not, but he has been stupid good so far.

Yeah, Mack might be playing the best of any individual player this year, but for a non-QB to win it there needs to be no QBs putting up great numbers, and Goff/Mahomes have each had historically amazing first four weeks.

9 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Truthfully Mack is playing like the best player in the league right now.  There's been more than a few commentators who have said hes the flat out MVP not just DPOY.  Will the voters give it to him? Probably not, but he has been stupid good so far.

Doesn't matter. It's an award based on value. Brees, Mahomes, and Goff are far more valuable to the teams success than Mack. Even for how unbelievably amazing Mack has been his production still doesn't compare to the value of a starting QB. Or at least that's how I see it. 

Take Brees, Mahomes or Goff off those teams and you're sabotaging their season. The same can't be said for Mack.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Doesn't matter. It's an award based on value. Brees, Mahomes, and Goff are far more valuable to the teams success than Mack. Even for how unbelievably amazing Mack has been his production still doesn't compare to the value of a starting QB. Or at least that's how I see it. 

Take Brees, Mahomes or Goff off those teams and you're sabotaging their season. The same can't be said for Mack.

Yea, QBs are just more valuable, that's the way it is.  

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:
2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yea, QBs are just more valuable, that's the way it is.  

I don't disagree with any of this, but that doesn't mean Mack isn't in the conversation. 

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't disagree with any of this, but that doesn't mean Mack isn't in the conversation. 

I'm not saying he isn't, but if you got a QB finish with 40+ tds, 5k yards and his team makes the playoffs, I don't see how he wouldn't get it.  I think Mack would need to shatter some records completely and the Bears make the playoffs to have a chance in that scenario.

6 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'm not saying he isn't, but if you got a QB finish with 40+ tds, 5k yards and his team makes the playoffs, I don't see how he wouldn't get it.  I think Mack would need to shatter some records completely and the Bears make the playoffs to have a chance in that scenario.

It's the same scenario we saw with JJ Watt and Aaron Rodgers - not only was Watt putting up eye popping numbers on defense, he also caught three TD passes on offense. 

Mack has a long road ahead of him to WIN, but the discussion needs to include his name. That's going to come at the expense of a great QB in the midst of a great season, unfortunately...

I'd prefer to see votes going to the #1 defender in football vs the #3 QB, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

He is, but he shouldn't be above the 3 QBs at this point.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd prefer to see votes going to the #1 defender in football vs the #3 QB, IMO.

To each their own, I guess.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

To each their own, I guess.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing them do away with MVP, and just give OPOY and DPOY.  There will still be arguing, but at least we won't have to argue about the "value" in MVP, which doesn't really mean what it claims to begin with.  

Archived