What to do with CJ Mosley?

diamondbull424

CJ Mosley in FA  

16 members have voted

1. 1. CJ Mosley in FA

• He’s a top ILB we should give him a top 5 ILB money.
    • He’s a declining option, but has value. Offer a top 10 money and see what happens.
    • He’s a declining option, let him walk for a compensatory pick

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

FWIW, Mosley didn't have the radio yesterday. I watched the stream and noticed that his helmet didn't have the green sticker.

Weddle has had it the past two games. I think they're worried about Mosley's injury and him having to exit the game.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

His snap count being at 100% for two consecutive games doesn't support that theory, though.

In a rational situation maybe not. Who knows about anything whenever Mosley is factored in though? :|

Weddle is more involved in the defense this year. You always see him with the board around Wink. They could feel he's a better extension of Wink on the field. 

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

In a rational situation maybe not. Who knows about anything whenever Mosley is factored in though? :|

Weddle is more involved in the defense this year. You always see him with the board around Wink. They could feel he's a better extension of Wink on the field. 

I mean if they're playing Mosley 100% of the snaps and worrying about him being injured again....I'm not sure what level of incompetence that is but it's got to be near a 10.

We played a rookie quarterback with a team that’s known for their rushing prowess. I won’t disagree that our defense has been working well. I’m just saying the inadequacies in Mosley’s game have only been exposed on occasion, but once we play more top shelf QBs he will be exposed more often. His man coverage was never good even back to his collegiate days (though it was average), but he used to be really good in some coverage. But he’s been plain bad in both facets this season (pre-injury and post injury alike). His run recognition has also been simply average this season. It’s really quite amazing how his play has declined as much as it has from just three years ago and with how young he still is. He should be entering into his prime ability, but his tissue injuries have really taken their tole on him. I don’t think he’ll ever be the player he could’ve been.

Archived