Rookie watch thread, other than Doncic

resilient part 2

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Once JJJ gets his fouling and slight black-holiness on offense improved, the sky is the limit. He's so disruptive on defense already and has so much potential offensively.

I loved him as a prospect last year, long-term I think he has the potential to be more impactful than Ayton and Bagley. 

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

someone care to rank the top 5 Rookies thus far?

off the top 

1. Luka
2. Ayton
3. JJJr.
4. Shai
5. Wendall Carter
6. Marvin Bagley
7. Allonzo Trier
8. Trae Young
9. Josh Okogie
10. Miles Bridges

Sexton probably deserves to be in there but I haven't watched more than a couple of minutes of him.

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

off the top 

1. Luka
2. Ayton
3. JJJr.
4. Shai
5. Wendall Carter
6. Marvin Bagley
7. Allonzo Trier
8. Trae Young
9. Josh Okogie
10. Miles Bridges

Sexton probably deserves to be in there but I haven't watched more than a couple of minutes of him.

Although I love allonzo Trier, I can't put him above Trae Young because Trae young is asked to be a Cornerstone of the franchise, which is much harder. But good list overall

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Although I love allonzo Trier, I can't put him above Trae Young because Trae young is asked to be a Cornerstone of the franchise, which is much harder. But good list overall

It was better efficiency and better defense vs. great passing. Trier is super efficient (60TS%, Westbrook's best TS% in his career is 55) and Trae inefficient (48TS%). And Trier plays better defense because he literally isn't the worst defensive player in the NBA like Trae is. 

16 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

mo bamba been trash for a few week now 

unusable imo 

I don't get it though. Watching him at college, watching his workout videos prior to the draft, watching him at summer league, he didn't look THIS far behind the learning curve. Maybe he's not used to coming off the bench, maybe he'd work better with the starters? IDK, but  he's definitely been pretty bad to start his rookie year.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I don't get it though. Watching him at college, watching his workout videos prior to the draft, watching him at summer league, he didn't look THIS far behind the learning curve. Maybe he's not used to coming off the bench, maybe he'd work better with the starters? IDK, but  he's definitely been pretty bad to start his rookie year.

That'd be dumb to just insert him as a starter considering how well Vucevic is playing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived