Untitled AAA Harry Potter game

53 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Hey wtf dude y u not ok with a bunch of 1800’s  nonbinary transgender gender queer wizard-witches that identify as animaguses running around hogwarts sounds like a blast modern Rowling is an icon

Honestly it's not even about her politics.  They get annoying, sure, but it's about how she keeps changing everything about Harry Potter.  I'll be playing the game and then they'll have Snape's grandparents in it and there will be a big reveal that Snape was secretly born in 1880 and he's this super powerful wizard and he gets put into a cocoon and then gets reborn again and doesn't remember his past life as a Dark Wizard.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:39 PM, Tyty said:

Hey wtf dude y u not ok with a bunch of 1800’s  nonbinary transgender gender queer wizard-witches that identify as animaguses running around hogwarts sounds like a blast modern Rowling is an icon

tenor.gif?itemid=9536199

• 1 month later...

The hate towards JK in here is adorable. It's her effing universe. She can do whatever she wants. I hate how fans of differnet mediums get to think that the universe in those mediums have to appease to them forever. If writers don't take creative chances from time to time and just stay with what works then it's lazy. I don't like Rowlings changes, but who the hell cares?

On 11/25/2018 at 3:33 PM, BlaqOptic said:

The hate towards JK in here is adorable. It's her effing universe. She can do whatever she wants. I hate how fans of differnet mediums get to think that the universe in those mediums have to appease to them forever. If writers don't take creative chances from time to time and just stay with what works then it's lazy. I don't like Rowlings changes, but who the hell cares?

Okay, your point? Even if it's her universe that doesn't mean people have to like it.

And a lot of the disdain for her has nothing to do with her decisions regarding Harry Potter... It's because she's a virtue signaling elitist hack.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Okay, your point? Even if it's her universe that doesn't mean people have to like it.

And a lot of the disdain for her has nothing to do with her decisions regarding Harry Potter... It's because she's a virtue signaling elitist hack.

I'm still waiting on her to take in some of those refugees, tbh.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

I'm still waiting on her to take in some of those refugees, tbh.

Dont want to get too political, obviously, but its easier for idiot celebrities to tweet about how woke they are so they can sit atop their ivory towers and judge everyone else who doesnt share their world view.

But, Ill end with that because I dont want to derail the thread anymore.

This could be a good game.....just keep EA away from it.     Their Harry Potter games are some of the biggest cash grabs in videogame history (then again, I cant remember the last EA game I played where it felt like they actually cared).

17 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

My point was that if people don't like it then leave the fandom. Especially if it's because people can't separate the politics of the author from the universe.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

My point was that if people don't like it then leave the fandom. Especially if it's because people can't separate the politics of the author from the universe.

I don't care about her politics at all but she is doing a trash job trying to expand her universe. Watch FB2 and see all of the terrible connections she tries to make to all of the characters from the book series and the world in the past. Nearly every named character is related to a character from the book series. Also, I listened to the first book on tape again recently and realized, she is at best a decent writer. She created an amazing world and is obviously very creative, but her writing skills are really nothing special compared to anyone else who writes professionally.

At this point she will do more harm than good to any HP/WW IP she touches, and it doesn't have anything to do with her politics but with her terrible retconning and world building at this point.

DD is gay and in love with an evil wizard. okay whatever cool I guess, clearly was never intended while writing the series, would have been better to have thought of that 15 years ago.

Nagini was a person who had some sort of disease or curse turn her into a snake. Wow, that's a really stupid retcon, why would you make this decision?

Credence is who he is. Just get out of here at this point you hack.

She has fallen into the realm of George Lucas at this point with the bad writing.

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This could be a good game.....just keep EA away from it.     Their Harry Potter games are some of the biggest cash grabs in videogame history (then again, I cant remember the last EA game I played where it felt like they actually cared).

BF1 was supposed to be good. Titanfall 2 has one of the best single player stories of any fps ever. Crysis 3 was supposed to be good, I can't remember much of it myself. ME3? DA2? That's just going back this decade. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Electronic_Arts_games Looking at their lineup though just shows how they are really nothing but 90% cash grabbing franchises and the occasional good one mixed in.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:06 AM, BlaqOptic said:

If the author can't separate them why should the fan's?

On 12/1/2018 at 11:27 AM, TXsteeler said:

I don't care about her politics at all but she is doing a trash job trying to expand her universe. Watch FB2 and see all of the terrible connections she tries to make to all of the characters from the book series and the world in the past. Nearly every named character is related to a character from the book series. Also, I listened to the first book on tape again recently and realized, she is at best a decent writer. She created an amazing world and is obviously very creative, but her writing skills are really nothing special compared to anyone else who writes professionally.

At this point she will do more harm than good to any HP/WW IP she touches, and it doesn't have anything to do with her politics but with her terrible retconning and world building at this point.

DD is gay and in love with an evil wizard. okay whatever cool I guess, clearly was never intended while writing the series, would have been better to have thought of that 15 years ago.

Nagini was a person who had some sort of disease or curse turn her into a snake. Wow, that's a really stupid retcon, why would you make this decision?

Credence is who he is. Just get out of here at this point you hack.

She has fallen into the realm of George Lucas at this point with the bad writing.

Well she hinted at it in the books. But they should have left that Mirror of Errosald or w/e out of it. That was a terrible thing to put in the movie.

52 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well she hinted at it in the books. But they should have left that Mirror of Errosald or w/e out of it. That was a terrible thing to put in the movie.

The DD thing? If it's the line I remember, I think at the time it seemed 100% like it was just a friendship. I really think she made it up after the fact.

Archived