What are you most excited about for 2017?

JLambert58

I am looking forward watching this young defense take another step forward.  You have to be pretty cynical not to be excited by what we saw in T.J. Watt Friday night.  Healthy "old man" Heyward and "grizzled" badazz Harrison leading the way for a talented group of young players.  Should be good!  

Obviously the addition of Bryant is going to be a big "HGH-infused" shot to the offense.  Healthy OL/Ben mixed with an upgraded WR corp?  Yes please.   Now we just need Bell to ring.  

What's getting you excited about this year?

I'm excited to see Tomlin's defense still evolve.  It seems as though he's finally got what he wants with just speed everywhere.  Burns, Davis, Shazier, Dupree, Hargraves, TJ....all some of the quicker and most athletic guys at their positions.  So I'm looking forward to a defense that in that way matches our offense.

The defense could be real interesting. Burns and Davis were already stepping up as rookie DBs last year and are likely to continue that upward trend. If we get some contribution by one of Sutton, Allen or Sensabaugh (or Golson if he can stay healthy...9_9), the DBs should be pretty good. Our DL was already a strength with Heyward and Tuitt, but Hargrave is poised to take another step forward, making the DL even more dangerous. At linebacker, you have the concern of Timmons being gone, but I think Williams will fill in fine there and it's already looking like we got an upgrade at OLB if Watt can continue what he was doing.

If they stay generally healthy (ok if healthy aside from Golson), this defense could really surprise people.

You know, it's a mixture of 2 things.  

#1.  Big Ben, healthy, with a good OL and a complete arsenal with Bell and Bryant with Brown and the rest all year.  It'll be a first.  

#2.  The young defensive players coming together to make the D top 5 again.  Technically speaking it was a #10 defense last year as it were.  I'm curious to see the direction this D is headed.  Not sure what to make of Butler and the scheme yet (hard to evaluate a scheme when they lack a real pass rush), and also curious how much control/input he and Tomlin have respectively over the D.  

HM.  Then of course you get my boy TJ Watt.  He was my #2 player on my wish list, with the first one going at #8.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-08-16 at 8:46 AM, LayTheWood56 said:

I think I'm most excited about having Bryant back. He is such a match-up nightmare and will only open things up more for AB. 

I am also excited about the addition of JuJu. The skies the limit for this wr corp. 

Same here. I can't be optimistic about the D and CB's and coaching, but the Offence should be untouchable with Bryant and JuJu and if Bell is healthy.  

Archived