Terrance Mitchell

Wulfgard

I say we stick our FS back 25 yards off the ball and soft 9-yard cushion from the CBs. What’s the worst that could happen. 

Theres a reason Mitchell started over Gaines/Carrie. Carrie seems like a definite one and done candidate. I don’t foresee Ward getting targeted much if he’s on the other side.

My problem with Gregg Williams is that he changes his scheme completely when certain players are out of the lineup. The second Mitchell went down we went back to last year's 300 yards of cushion defense. Strictly zone to protect our backup CB's. I hate that stuff. It's way too easy to get cheap completions in a vanilla defense like we ran all of last season.

Terrence Mitchell was a big surprise for me this year. He's a must re-sign guy in the off-season. Love what he has done in his limited time here. I pray we don't devolve into a zone team again....

1 hour ago, Wulfgard said:

I agree. They made BBC the backup free safety and forgot he's also a really good cover CB even if he's undersized. Plus he's great at blowing up screens and has no fear throwing his body around.

BBC had his moments, plus, I would rather trade for a guy Williams likes rather than go to a passive defense.

Also you may have the greatest post to like ratio I've even seen...:D

Who would have thought before the season that we would be missing Mitchell? I think he was pretty universally considered a "meh" signing, but he's definitely surpassed expectations and has played like a solid #2 CB. We're gonna miss him.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

My problem with Gregg Williams is that he changes his scheme completely when certain players are out of the lineup. The second Mitchell went down we went back to last year's 300 yards of cushion defense. Strictly zone to protect our backup CB's. I hate that stuff. It's way too easy to get cheap completions in a vanilla defense like we ran all of last season.

Terrence Mitchell was a big surprise for me this year. He's a must re-sign guy in the off-season. Love what he has done in his limited time here. I pray we don't devolve into a zone team again....

We signed him to a 3 year deal this offseason....and at 10M to have over his 26,27 and 28 year old years for 3.33M a year, is looking like an Oceans 11 job....:)

E.J. Gains was the only CB we signed to a 1 year deal this offseason....

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

We signed him to a 3 year deal this offseason....and at 10M to have over his 26,27 and 28 year old years for 3.33M a year, is looking like an Oceans 11 job....:)

E.J. Gains was the only CB we signed to a 1 year deal this offseason....

A lot of the deals the Browns made this year were one year deals pretty much. If some of the FAs that were brought in sucked or never lived up to expectations, they could easily be cut because of the structure of the deal. Mitchell might of been a 3yr deal but if he sucked he would be cut after one year because of the contract. Dorsey gave out a lot of contracts this past summer that have very team friendly outs built into them. He learned not to hand cuff himself to big contracts to players that won’t live up to them. Gave himself a lot of outs in the contracts. Like the Landry contract. It was big money for a WR like him it esstinally is only a 2yr deal. If Landry balls out he will see the full time of that contract. If he sucks, the browns have an easy out after 2yrs

Archived