Week 5: Miami Dolphins (3-1) @ Cincinnati Bengals (3-1)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ CIN  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Andy Dalton
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Frank Gore
    • Joe Mixon
    • Giovanni Bernard
    • DeVante Parker
    • Albert Wilson
    • Danny Amendola
    • Kenny Stills
    • A.J. Green
    • Tyler Boyd
    • John Ross
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Tyler Kroft
    • Jason Sanders
    • Randy Bullock
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bengals DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2018 at 12:01 AM

1738_1382989695.jpg

Coming off our first loss with a depleted offensive line (and defensive line), we don't get any brakes with the Cincinnati Bengals, who are coming off an impressive offensive performance versus Atlanta. We'll need to find a way to slow down Andy Dalton and AJ Green or this could get very ugly, very quickly. I hope at least we actually show up for this contest...

My prediction?

Miami 23
Cincinnati 30

Bengals 31, Fins 16.  

Bengals are clicking on offense.  Fins looked like absolute crap on offense last week against a mediocre defense, and then lost their starting C.  Dalton goes over 300 with 3 TDs.  Get Tyler Boyd in your fantasy lineups, as he's gonna murder us.  Howard will do a fine job on Green, but our other CBs?  Yikes.

This is going to be an massacre. Swanson doesn't have any athleticism. He can block the guy in front of him, but he can't get into the second level. The Dolphins are going to have to run on the right side, which is going to make it very easy to defend against. My prediction, less than 30 yards rushing. When passing, Tannehill is going to have to get the ball out of his hand in less than 3 seconds, because that is going to be the protection he gets in this game. We all know that Tannehill sucks if he doesn't have time to throw, the Patriots game was all the evidence you need to see. With Tanny scrambling for his life, he is going to get hit, a lot. He is going to throw picks, like 2 or 3. Our passing game will boil down to screens and short throws. I predict a shutout with Tannehill under center. I think that the Bengals offense is better than the Patriots. Now add in the fact that McTyer will be starting for the injured McCain, and our problem coverage now ha some holes in it. Bengals 42, Dolphins 14 after Tannehill gets pulled early in the 4th and Osweiler gets a handful of drives.

This is the week that we find out if this team has the fire and respect of Gase and comes out and plays like New England did against Miami this past week, or with the injuries and Phillips being let go do they lose trust in Gase and see him just as a bully that ships players off that question him as a coach.

This is a big AFC game that Miami needs to win to prevent a losing streak and to get a conference win. My gut says they collapse like a house of cards especially if Rashard Jones and Devante Parker do not play.

Miami....………………….24

Cincy.....…………………..34 

3 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

This is the week that we find out if this team has the fire and respect of Gase and comes out and plays like New England did against Miami this past week, or with the injuries and Phillips being let go do they lose trust in Gase and see him just as a bully that ships players off that question him as a coach.

I hope that's not the case and rather doubt it.

1) I'm sure Burke is making most / influencing most heavily defensive playing time decisions. He's certainly the one making defensive calls.

2) Philips has gotten far fewer snaps than Godchaux and Spence, and was basically neck-and-neck with Vincent Taylor, all in a contract year.

This has some good nuggets:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article219380930.html

It was obvious Phillips didn’t take to [defensive line coach] Kocurek and the feeling was mutual. Phillips started 22 of 29 games in 2016-17 under former defensive line coach Terrell Williams but this year under Kocurek did not start any of Miami’s four games.

When asked about the Phillips outburst Monday, coach Adam Gase left no space between himself and Kocurek, who determines the playing time of defensive linemen.

“Well there’s a reason why we’re doing that,” Gase said. “There’s a reason why we’re subbing the way we’re subbing against that team. It’s not a secret why we’re doing it.

“Whatever Kris Kocurek wants the d-linemen to do, that’s what we’re doing.”

And what has Philips ever accomplished to question Gase as a coach anyways? Dude was picked in the 2nd round and is in his 4th pro season and has already been surpassed by two guys that where picked last year in the 5th and 6th rounds.

He had tons of red flags coming out of OU and nothing has changed since. Lots of potential but is lazy, takes plays off, maturity issues, etc. 

Don't need babies throwing tantrums on twitter over reporters questioning his work ethic or on the sideline because of his lack of production subsequently cutting his snap count. He's had more than enough time to get his **** together and quite frankly I would've been fine with him being cut this pre-season. And him being all petty on his IG afterwards makes it even more justified. 

Good riddance.

Reshad Jones said he will be ready to play this week, that is great news. I am glad Phillips is gone also my question is why was he still on the team? If a guy is not good enough to get regular game snaps and you can cut him at a moments notice why is he still on the team?

1 hour ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Reshad Jones said he will be ready to play this week, that is great news. I am glad Phillips is gone also my question is why was he still on the team? If a guy is not good enough to get regular game snaps and you can cut him at a moments notice why is he still on the team?

He was getting some snaps... more than some of the lower-end players on a 53-man roster. Not only 22 of the 53 can be starters.

20 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Take a look at the article I posted above.

Phillips supposedly f-bombed his coaches after being subbed out; he's been unhappy with Miami's new DL coach this season. He was playing fewer and fewer snaps and was basically the 4th DT, and his blowout was kind of a last straw deal.

Archived