Week 5: Miami Dolphins (3-1) @ Cincinnati Bengals (3-1)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ CIN  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Andy Dalton
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Frank Gore
    • Joe Mixon
    • Giovanni Bernard
    • DeVante Parker
    • Albert Wilson
    • Danny Amendola
    • Kenny Stills
    • A.J. Green
    • Tyler Boyd
    • John Ross
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Tyler Kroft
    • Jason Sanders
    • Randy Bullock
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bengals DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2018 at 12:01 AM

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly, I'm not sure which loss hurt more, being butchered by the pats or being up by three scores in the 3rd only to completely botch it

If you're up 17-0 on a good team in the 2nd half and lose by 10, your playoff chances take a serious hit. What an incredibly bonehead 2nd half that was. 

Tanny, take the sack bro. Don't give the other team a free 7 pts...twice. 

You guys were literally one boneheaded play call from winning in a blowout.  Why Gase (or whoever) called a long pass on third and inches with the score 17-3 is beyond me.  Just run Gore up the middle and keep moving the chains.  The game turned right there.  The crowd got back in it, then came the punt and subsequent Mixon fluke-ish TD and the pick 6's.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

You guys were literally one boneheaded play call from winning in a blowout.  Why Gase (or whoever) called a long pass on third and inches with the score 17-3 is beyond me.  Just run Gore up the middle and keep moving the chains.  The game turned right there.  The crowd got back in it, then came the punt and subsequent Mixon fluke-ish TD and the pick 6's.

I was thinking the same thing. 3rd & 1 WTF? Tannehill looked like he spent time eyeballing the short and intermediate WR first before he unleashed it.

Hindsight is 20/20. 

Wasn't one of those Stills 50+ yards bombs called on a 3rd and 1?

That play call didn't go our way, but it was NOT the reason we lost.

Tannehill had a very bad outing with some dumb turnovers. The offense needs to score more than 10 points.

6 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Hindsight is 20/20. 

Wasn't one of those Stills 50+ yards bombs called on a 3rd and 1?

That play call didn't go our way, but it was NOT the reason we lost.

Tannehill had a very bad outing with some dumb turnovers. The offense needs to score more than 10 points.

If you discount momentum, sure.  But after that play, plus the roughing call on Johnson, the whole team just lit up.  The crowd got back into it, and the momentum absolutely did a 180.  I was sitting by a couple of Dolphins fans, and they agreed at the time.

16 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

If you discount momentum, sure.  But after that play, plus the roughing call on Johnson, the whole team just lit up.  The crowd got back into it, and the momentum absolutely did a 180.  I was sitting by a couple of Dolphins fans, and they agreed at the time.

I'd agree with you, that was one of the turning points. I think the big one though was the horrible call on TJ McDonald that turned a punting situation into a 1st down which directly led to the Bengals' first TD of the game.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'd agree with you, that was one of the turning points. I think the big one though was the horrible call on TJ McDonald that turned a punting situation into a 1st down which directly led to the Bengals' first TD of the game.

was that the defenseless receiver one?  If so that call was extremely bad.

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/07/adam-gase-laremy-tunsil-injury-shook-us-up/

Yeah, gotta agree with Gase. Our OL depth is horrible.

Although we shouldve swung James to LT and put Young in at RT.

Yep.  60% of the starting O-line out against a good front 4.  That doesn't end up going well for the offense, as we saw.  It was really unlucky that 2 of the plays actually led to defensive TDs, but that's football.  

5 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

That was just a series of unfortunate events in the 2nd half. Let's also not forget that the Bengals are a good football team.

Gotta chalk those two defensive TD's for the Bengals to weird fate. Two times the ball bounced off blockers but didn't hit the ground, each one returned for a TD by quick-thinking Bengals defenders? That's just a bit..unusual. 

Oh well, defense played pretty good, special teams scored a TD from Jakeem, but the o-line was again the weak link. Can't whine about injuries when every team is hurting. Next guy up has to prepare and play well.  

34 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Gotta chalk those two defensive TD's for the Bengals to weird fate. Two times the ball bounced off blockers but didn't hit the ground, each one returned for a TD by quick-thinking Bengals defenders? That's just a bit..unusual. 

Oh well, defense played pretty good, special teams scored a TD from Jakeem, but the o-line was again the weak link. Can't whine about injuries when every team is hurting. Next guy up has to prepare and play well.  

On a positive OL note, I didn't really see Travis Swanson get beat like a drum yesterday. It wasn't until Tunsil's injury that they started destroying our line, and even then it usually came on the edge or they beat the guard.

Granted, I haven't rewatched the game and wasn't paying that much attention to him, but any time I don't take notice of an OL player I assume it's a good thing.

It's also possible that our overall line is just so bad that him being bad was less noticeable. But take it for what it's worth.

Archived