State of our team

Rolni

18 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

If we get rid of Carr, we better hope we finish worse than the giants. Otherwise, wtf are we going to do? Lock has not played well lately. Any other draft eligible qbs that we could throw in right away. Tua isn’t eligible, right?

We’re not gonna draft a QB under Gruden. He will sign Fitzpatrick and turn him into Gannon. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We’re not gonna draft a QB under Gruden. He will sign Fitzpatrick and turn him into Gannon. 

I think the Fitz prediction makes sense and maybe the Raiders draft the QB on day 2. We drafted Tui under Gruden in the 2nd. Bucs drafted Simms in the 3rd.

Trace McSorley seems like a Gruden guy to me. Could see Gruden drafting him for the future and sitting behind Fitz/McCown-type veteran...

7 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I think the Fitz prediction makes sense and maybe the Raiders draft the QB on day 2. We drafted Tui under Gruden in the 2nd. Bucs drafted Simms in the 3rd.

Trace McSorley seems like a Gruden guy to me. Could see Gruden drafting him for the future and sitting behind Fitz/McCown-type veteran...

Yeah I can see that. Start Fitz one year, even two-three if he tears it up, and then start the 2nd or 3rd Round Rookie. I just can never see us picking a QB in the 1st Round under Gruden. Not his style. 

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I can see that. Start Fitz one year, even two-three if he tears it up, and then start the 2nd or 3rd Round Rookie. I just can never see us picking a QB in the 1st Round under Gruden. Not his style. 

He should consider adapting his style to the realities of the current CBA.

why is Carr under fire... I'm sorry but its so stupid

Kolton Miller was hurt and shouldn't have been playing. our oline lacks any depth, and KO was out.. Carr never had a chance to get set in the pocket, was running for his life. Cooper and Roberts knocked out.... Nelson is good route runner but that is about it, Bryant is a JAG for us.... our talent might be the worse in the NFL..... Cardinals have Chandler Jones, DJ, Fitz, and a better defense than we do... Giants have two superstars on offense and a better defense.... this team talent just isn't there.... plus our play calling seems vanilla too me

This season is lost.

With what could be going on in the locker room right now Gruden will need to totally rebuild the roster next year IMO. He will loose or already lost the locker room IMO...what was that comment from Bruce Irvin? The supposed leader of the D? Come on...

With this OL play they will kill Carr soon and anyway Carr can't take the next step...I start to question whether there is a next step in this O at all??

I hope at least Cable gets the axe after the season with the tons of players who will get it...

Who I think is gonna be here next year to start the offseason? Carr and Gabe gets cut or traded pretty soon after the season ends IMO.

QB: McCarron

RB: Richard, Warren

FB: Smith, Yurachek

TE: Carrier, Butler

WR: Nelson, Ateman, Blacknall, Harris

OT: Miller, Parker, Silberman

OG: KO, Kirkland

OC: Hudson

DT: Hurst, Hall, Ellis, Vanderdoes, Wright

DE: Key, Fadol, Calhoun

LB: Lee, Whitehead, Cabinda, Morrow, Wilber

CB: Conley, Nelson, Holton

S: Harris, Joseph, Leavitt, Melifonwu

ST: Pineiro, Sieg

Guys who could be in line for another year/deal: Worley, Hankins, DRC, Melvin, McDonald, Bryant, Gilchrist, Lamur, Rucker

Not a lot of talent across the board...

I simply not trusting Gruden and Co. to bring in good talent and then coach them up well...It's gonna be a long 2-3 years after this this IMO

Looked... we were all hoodwinked by Gruden in the offseason. A lot of people bought the hype he was bringing. Saying things like, he wanted Mack here. That Carr knew the offense better than he did. Cooper was going to be the main focus of his offense, etc.

The honeymoon period was over the day Mack was dealt honestly. Any optimism for the season was gone and an 0-3 start just aimed to confirm that.

Every move Gruden has made has been a misstep. Skeptical fans cringed at the hiring of Cable. They were right. He's taken that unit to new lows despite their high price tag.

Then came the overhaul on the roster.... with moves like cutting Crabtree who'd been Carr's go to. Signing a slew of aging veterans citing leadership and culture, which isn't evident. 

And the poor trades for Bryant and Mack. And more yet to come with the trade deadline looming. 

He inherited a 6 win team and turned them into what looks like a 2-4 win team. Wasn't improved coaching suppose to build this program up? Right now, I don't even see signs the staff can coach. His offense is stale and predictable right now. The team lacks any sort of identity (where have we heard this before). There is no resemblance of star talent and the QB is face planting before our eyes.

This is Dennis Allen levels of bad right now. Who could have thought it would be this bad after 6 weeks? The team is lifeless, out coached and the roster is washed up. Going to be a long, long rebuild...... 

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Looked... we were all hoodwinked by Gruden in the offseason. A lot of people bought the hype he was bringing. Saying things like, he wanted Mack here. That Carr knew the offense better than he did. Cooper was going to be the main focus of his offense, etc.

The honeymoon period was over the day Mack was dealt honestly. Any optimism for the season was gone and an 0-3 start just aimed to confirm that.

Every move Gruden has made has been a misstep. Skeptical fans cringed at the hiring of Cable. They were right. He's taken that unit to new lows despite their high price tag.

Then came the overhaul on the roster.... with moves like cutting Crabtree who'd been Carr's go to. Signing a slew of aging veterans citing leadership and culture, which isn't evident. 

And the poor trades for Bryant and Mack. And more yet to come with the trade deadline looming. 

He inherited a 6 win team and turned them into what looks like a 2-4 win team. Wasn't improved coaching suppose to build this program up? Right now, I don't even see signs the staff can coach. His offense is stale and predictable right now. The team lacks any sort of identity (where have we heard this before). There is no resemblance of star talent and the QB is face planting before our eyes.

This is Dennis Allen levels of bad right now. Who could have thought it would be this bad after 6 weeks? The team is lifeless, out coached and the roster is washed up. Going to be a long, long rebuild...... 

The bold is my main problem. Also Gruden looks beat on the sideline, there’s no fire, no life in him. I am seriously doubting he has the stomach for the big job ahead of him now. 

Got to say I am really disappointed in Guenther so far as well. I know we have no pass rush which isn’t all his fault but you would think we would be at least stout against the run, Seahawks came out with a with 8 min opening drive. 

Coaching in every department has been lacking and improved coaching is what everybody wanted from last years team. 

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

go watch a Rams or Chiefs game, and see how they call an offensive game

The Rams and the Raiders run the exact same offense.  It comes down to execution and the Raiders don’t have the  players to run the offense.  It’s that plain and simple.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The Rams and the Raiders run the exact same offense.  It comes down to execution and the Raiders don’t have the  players to run the offense.  It’s that plain and simple.

That goes for players and coaches. Calling the right play at the right time has a lot to do with execution to. But I agree with you. The playbook isnt the problem. 

Archived