State of our team

Rolni

27 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

What's the deal with Conley?

Has he been playing poorly? Has he flashed anything?

Just wanting some perspective from the silver and black.

He has shown flashes and has looked like he has potential to be a great corner. I fee Gruden is getting rid of all of Reggies players and not looking at rare circumstances like Conley. Only in his 2nd year with tons of potential. Like I said, if we trade Conley ill be mad, the rest other 52 players I really don’t care. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He has shown flashes and has looked like he has potential to be a great corner. I fee Gruden is getting rid of all of Reggies players and not looking at rare circumstances like Conley. Only in his 2nd year with tons of potential. Like I said, if we trade Conley ill be mad, the rest other 52 players I really don’t care. 

Right on!. Mind if I quote you in the Packers forum? 
We're just spit-balling adding Defensive pieces and I suggested Conley without knowing anything besides he was a #1 pick.

Feel free to jump in there to discuss, too. I'm just bored at work and talking out of my ***.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Looked... we were all hoodwinked by Gruden in the offseason. A lot of people bought the hype he was bringing. Saying things like, he wanted Mack here. That Carr knew the offense better than he did. Cooper was going to be the main focus of his offense, etc.

The honeymoon period was over the day Mack was dealt honestly. Any optimism for the season was gone and an 0-3 start just aimed to confirm that.

Every move Gruden has made has been a misstep. Skeptical fans cringed at the hiring of Cable. They were right. He's taken that unit to new lows despite their high price tag.

Then came the overhaul on the roster.... with moves like cutting Crabtree who'd been Carr's go to. Signing a slew of aging veterans citing leadership and culture, which isn't evident. 

And the poor trades for Bryant and Mack. And more yet to come with the trade deadline looming. 

He inherited a 6 win team and turned them into what looks like a 2-4 win team. Wasn't improved coaching suppose to build this program up? Right now, I don't even see signs the staff can coach. His offense is stale and predictable right now. The team lacks any sort of identity (where have we heard this before). There is no resemblance of star talent and the QB is face planting before our eyes.

This is Dennis Allen levels of bad right now. Who could have thought it would be this bad after 6 weeks? The team is lifeless, out coached and the roster is washed up. Going to be a long, long rebuild...... 

You left out " we got to get more from the past two drafts. We got two young safeties and a young corner who needs to play." 

Then we bench Conley for bums and Joseph is stuck behind slow old dudes. He is acting like having any of reggie fingerprints on this team will hurt him. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

You left out " we got to get more from the past two drafts. We got two young safeties and a young corner who needs to play." 

Then we bench Conley for bums and Joseph is stuck behind slow old dudes. He is acting like having any of reggie fingerprints on this team will hurt him. 

I can't make any sense of it honestly, outside his ego just can't let Reggie's guys produce. You want to rebuild... so you play a bunch of old bums. 

Insult to injury... Guenther was praising Conley. Said he ranked him as the #1 corner in his draft. Well wtf happened? 

I'm actually mad at myself for not seeing this all coming. We knew who Gruden was and kept trying to spin it otherwise. Big ego, 100% roster control, hired his own FO people, had his own draft board, favors veteran players..... it's all playing out like a bad dream. 

I for one want to here from that bowl cut wearing moron who made this all happen. You gave this guy a 10 year, 100 million dollar contract to come out of the booth. You basically confessed your undying love for the guy nationally. You've let him raid the franchise and turn your GM into scapegoat for everything. Your team is 1-5. How'd you think this would play out Mark?

And let's be real for a second..... all that talk of Gruden would "only come back if he had a QB" and Gruden "came back to coach Carr and Mack" was all nonsense. He's a money whore who Davis had to go full on ridiculous with his contract to get him to come back. It's actually painful because there is something terrible that happens when you give people that kind of money. You give them entitlement. Now suddenly, you don't even own your own your own franchise. Gruden owns Mark Davis now.

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

What's the deal with Conley?

Has he been playing poorly? Has he flashed anything?

Just wanting some perspective from the silver and black.

What I read was he’s a big liability in run support. The DC  was also forced to dumb down the defense because the players couldn’t grasp it. So that might be a part of it.

37 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Worley took Conley's spot... He's 23 years old FFS!

Based on what exactly though. Something in camp. Worley play on field ain't been great. DRC is gonna be in league much longer. Melvin and Conley been that bad. I ain't seen that. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I for one want to here from that bowl cut wearing moron who made this all happen. You gave this guy a 10 year, 100 million dollar contract to come out of the booth. You basically confessed your undying love for the guy nationally. You've let him raid the franchise and turn your GM into scapegoat for everything. Your team is 1-5. How'd you think this would play out Mark?

And let's be real for a second..... all that talk of Gruden would "only come back if he had a QB" and Gruden "came back to coach Carr and Mack" was all nonsense. He's a money whore who Davis had to go full on ridiculous with his contract to get him to come back. It's actually painful because there is something terrible that happens when you give people that kind of money. You give them entitlement. Now suddenly, you don't even own your own your own franchise. Gruden owns Mark Davis now.

I was actually team Mark( didn’t meddle)  I understood he didn’t have the dough to build a new state of the art stadium in Oak. Then he extended JDR prematurely imo didn’t like that and now well he’s given Chuck essentialy Carte Blanche

On 10/10/2018 at 2:21 PM, dante9876 said:

I only hold drafting against reggie. Some of those free agents isn't all his fault. He took over a mess of a franchise. With little young talent and over paid player stressing the cap. I think people have given reggie a pass. He is not a good gm. He is a good executive or assistant gm. That's it. His contract work is good. 

It's funny how everybody has sour on reggie when there was a poster who been saying reggie was trash for 2 years now and just about everybody would pick on him for it. 

I have to stand up at this point and say although I don't agree with every decision McKenzie has made I've been a Reggie supporter throughout and thought he was doing an excellent job of making us relevant again, we just needed to take that next step. We had keystones on O and D and cap and money under control after so many years of chaos. I think our drafting has been over criticised and that we have hit on an average amount of players when compared to other GMs  and that the major problem was developing the talent. 

I've never been a huge Gruden fan - I do think he is a good offensively minded coach who ignited teams built by Al Davis and Tony Dungy but never built anything himself - and some of his moves this season have been quite simply baffling. As some have alluded to I think we have thrown the baby out with the bath water in his purge and I can't really see why - there seems to be no method to his moves. Are we rebuilding? Then why are we throwing away 3rd rounders on Bryant and 5th rounders on a backup QB and paying over the odds for average talent? The Mack trade was moronic, trading a defensive MVP for a couple lottery tickets and some cap space so we can overpay a few journey men. To put it in perspective who at this point would rather have Irvin, Whitehead, Gilchrist and Roberts than Mack????? That's the numbers plain and simple. 

I do like the Guenther hire but again, why trade your crown jewel a guy who can help make all the rookies and other players better if you're trying to develop young players, really makes no sense. I also don't like Gruden's attitude with regard throwing others under the bus and absolving himself of blame and worry that will turn the team against each other and alienate himself very quickly. Very difficult times ahead for us all..........

On 12/10/2018 at 3:03 PM, dante9876 said:

Gruden should just trade all of reggie picks since he don't like any of them. Joseph can fetch a 5 6 or 7. Falcons need a safety something awful. Conley can get a 4th 5th or 6th from some team. He has look great in spots for a 2nd year corner in his 7th ir 8th game. No idea why he sitting so much now. 

It's time to go all in on this rebuild. They been playing around doing stuff from both sides of the fence. One side things a team rebuilding do and on other side things teams that think they close would do. Gruden has blamed picks on roster change over and blamed picks on who he ain't draft. Just cut bait and rebuild already. 

Can Reggie trade Gruden for 2 firsts again?

Maybe Al knew something we all didn't at the time.............

#Raiders QB Derek Carr' average depth of targets from a CLEAN (!!) pocket against SEA in Week 6 was 2.7 - league low. Carr's average depth of target when kept clean this season is 5.3 -- league-low. OAK isn't pushing the ball downfield with or without pressure in DC's face.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1051901616377479168

Matt Harmon

Derek Carr averaged 0.1 air yards on his completed passes today per #NextGenStats

Archived