State of our team

Rolni

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Forget about Lynch the O-line  switched to zone blocking just for him and it is terrible.

Knew the o-line was doomed as soon as they hired Cable and installed his crap a** blocking scheme that hasnt worked in near a decade.

Gruden has no vision imo. He simply wants to be Belicheck but there's one huge problem, he's not and he doesnt have a Brady to rely on when his team sucks.

His line doesnt fit his blocking scheme, jordy and cook are the only ones who legitimately fit his passing scheme, and we're playing 30+ year old players all over the defense when we're in a rebuilding year?

There is no direction that i can understand other than he's gonna purge the entire roster and go full 76ers for the next year or two. And as Raider fan, that's pathetic to me. Even when we sucked for over a decade we still competed every week and tried( albeit unsuccessfully) to get better every offseason. The lack of give a s*** he has for the product he's putting on the field blows my mind. The Chucky of old would've been exploding on people on the sidelines. I can live with retooling, even rebuilding but if his avenue is to trade a HOF player, our most talented skill player, possibly the only good QB we've had in 15+ years, and run this team into the bottom of the barrel, im good. There's tanking and then there's dismantling a franchise. And this is the latter, not the former.

?

13 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Knew the o-line was doomed as soon as they hired Cable 

Everyone saw the impending doom. He has done nothing in this league to suggest he is a good position coach in any form. He doesn’t play to players strengths. Forcing the square into the circle hole. Everywhere he has gone he has left his mark of death wasting years of players fans teams lives. This guy should be the water boy at least he couldn’t **** that up

47 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

No point of yelling at guys if you not trying to win and they wont be here next year. 

But we are yelling at our TVs!!

Embrace the suck. There is no stopping it now...

Once Mack got traded we should have understood that not only was this season a loss but that the Mack treatment could apply to anyone. All signs pointed to Cooper but we did not fully acknowledge it. Contract year next year, may be another Mack holdout situation, without the level of consistent talent that Mack offered at a higher premium position. Rather than overpay we will gauge trade value, likely pounce on best offer, and start from ground zero. 

By no means do I expect a 1st. Not that he couldn't fetch one, but we can't negotiate well enough to get that compensation. Pats did with Cooks, Cooper is essentially Cooks as far as value. But we will get a 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Idk, if I were him, I would have ripped Irvin a new one so many times by now. So done with that fool, I wouldn't even care if we cut him tomorrow.

I approve of this. A captain on the defense giving the most I don’t care. While doing nothing on defense anyways. No fight no will gtfo 

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I genuinely would like to know what you think the vision is and how we are going to achieve it, especially as you've asked that we believe in it.

Silence is deafening. It’s easy giving sound bites but they are worthless if you can’t back them up. Nobody can see the vision or long term strategy because we don’t look to have one. 

To be fair to Cable this O-line was getting worse last year and it is because of Lynch.  His running strength does not fit our lines blocking strength.  Cable just made it worse by us using a ZBS almost full time so now the line sucks almost the entire game.  We need to switch back to a PBS and get rid of Lynch and Cable or stay with a ZBS and get rid of Jackson, KO, and Cable.  I will accept either but please make the obvious changes that even the fans see.  Otherwise you are not fit to be our coach Mr Gruden.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

To be fair to Cable this O-line was getting worse last year and it is because of Lynch.  His running strength does not fit our lines blocking strength.  Cable just made it worse by us using a ZBS almost full time so now the line sucks almost the entire game.  We need to switch back to a PBS and get rid of Lynch and Cable or stay with a ZBS and get rid of Jackson, KO, and Cable.  I will accept either but please make the obvious changes that even the fans see.  Otherwise you are not fit to be our coach Mr Gruden.

I already preparing myself for the KO and Gabe cuts...Gruden will tell us that they were making too much money and wouldn't live up to it. We will get some exSeahawk great IOLs and then draft some kids to rock a full rookie interior next to Hudson...so even if Miller and Parker can take a step forward (big IF), we will still suck...

I understand Jon Gruden’s vision. He is going to acquire multiple pick in this year‘s draft and trade back for some picks in this years draft and next years draft. The Raiders will use multiple picks on the same position hoping one will develop. Just look at last years draft 2 DTs and 2 OTs. The Raiders will be built with second and third round draft picks not high first round draft picks.

With a possibility of a bust the price for the return of a high draft pick just isn’t worth it.

23 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I understand Jon Gruden’s vision. He is going to acquire multiple pick in this year‘s draft and trade back for some picks in this years draft and next years draft. The Raiders will use multiple picks on the same position hoping one will develop. Just look at last years draft 2 DTs and 2 OTs. The Raiders will be built with second and third round draft picks not high first round draft picks.

With a possibility of a bust the price for the return of a high draft pick just isn’t worth it.

Imagine thinking "I'm Trent Baalke!" and actually going with it. In 2018. 

Jesus wept. 

7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Idk, if I were him, I would have ripped Irvin a new one so many times by now. So done with that fool, I wouldn't even care if we cut him tomorrow.

I was done with Irvin last year. Guy isn't actually good on the field and his whole leadership schtick wasn't fooling anyone. Guy is who he's always been. 

Archived