State of our team

Rolni

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I was done with Irvin last year. Guy isn't actually good on the field and his whole leadership schtick wasn't fooling anyone. Guy is who he's always been. 

Hes been a ghost the first half of the last 2 seasons. Everybody thinks it was because of losing KNJ. hut it's really piggybacking of Mack.

Irvin was always a role player that was a jack of all trades kind of guy. Never a pure pass rusher and never meant to be a starter. We were desperate for a edge rusher to help Mack. 

Anyways guys I’ll post a write up later explaining why I’m content more than most. Basically I agreed with the full rebuild. Our cap space was not great, we literally “missed” and I missed big time on three drafts in a row, and our coaching sucked bad in 2017. We basically missed our window with Carr and Mack. And I always thought Carr was a guy who needed both a supreme OL and Weapons. He’s not a guy who can elevate a average talented offense. Cooper I LOVED as a prospect. He’s had what, 3 OCs now? Still extremely inconsistent spanning over 4 years regardless of offense. Mack? HoFer for sure, but he’d eat cap space and we’re not getting a Top 5 pick with Mack on the team in any year. We will probably have back to back years with Top 5 picks now and try to rebuild. 

Do I know if Gruden is the guy to rebuild? I prefer him over Reggie, that’s for sure, but I have no idea. He’s never proven to build a roster before. Although Gruden has become a huge entity over the years of post football life and has a ridiculous network of scouts. I’m not confident in Gruden. Can’t lie to you guys. But a full rebuild was 1000% necessary. We missed our window with Reggies terrible drafting. 

I’ll post a full writeup later on my thoughts and where our direction should be. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Irvin was always a role player that was a jack of all trades kind of guy. Never a pure pass rusher and never meant to be a starter. We were desperate for a edge rusher to help Mack. 

Anyways guys I’ll post a write up later explaining why I’m content more than most. Basically I agreed with the full rebuild. Our cap space was not great, we literally “missed” and I missed big time on three drafts in a row, and our coaching sucked bad in 2017. We basically missed our window with Carr and Mack. And I always thought Carr was a guy who needed both a supreme OL and Weapons. He’s not a guy who can elevate a average talented offense. Cooper I LOVED as a prospect. He’s had what, 3 OCs now? Still extremely inconsistent spanning over 4 years regardless of offense. Mack? HoFer for sure, but he’d eat cap space and we’re not getting a Top 5 pick with Mack on the team in any year. We will probably have back to back years with Top 5 picks now and try to rebuild. 

Do I know if Gruden is the guy to rebuild? I prefer him over Reggie, that’s for sure, but I have no idea. He’s never proven to build a roster before. Although Gruden has become a huge entity over the years of post football life and has a ridiculous network of scouts. I’m not confident in Gruden. Can’t lie to you guys. But a full rebuild was 1000% necessary. We missed our window with Reggies terrible drafting. 

I’ll post a full writeup later on my thoughts and where our direction should be. 

Don't need a full write up of silver and black lenses and apologies. 

There never was a "window". This team has been horrible on defense for over a decade. They fail to address obvious needs at LB despite it being 2018 and teams spreading out more that ever. They had 1 player and won't have another like him possibly for another 20-30 years.

This organization is flawed at the top. So that "window" was never opened. It was painted shut about 2002.

52 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Don't need a full write up of silver and black lenses and apologies. 

There never was a "window". This team has been horrible on defense for over a decade. They fail to address obvious needs at LB despite it being 2018 and teams spreading out more that ever. They had 1 player and won't have another like him possibly for another 20-30 years.

This organization is flawed at the top. So that "window" was never opened. It was painted shut about 2002.

You don’t think we could of won the SB in 2016 if Reggie hit on his defensive  draft picks in 2015/2016? He literally whiffed on all of them. Those were two of the worst drafts in team history, minus most Al Davis 1st Round picks. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You don’t think we could of won the SB in 2016 if Reggie hit on his defensive  draft picks in 2015/2016? He literally whiffed on all of them. Those were two of the worst drafts in team history, minus most Al Davis 1st Round picks. 

Off the top of my instead of Mario Edwards jr give em Preston smith or Eddie Goldman. Keanu Neal and Deion Jones 2016 ? . I mean Carr got hurt anyways 

40 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Off the top of my instead of Mario Edwards jr give em Preston smith or Eddie Goldman. Keanu Neal and Deion Jones 2016 ? . I mean Carr got hurt anyways 

I wanted Eric Kendricks or Preston Smith instead of MEJ. Probably would have gone William Jackson then Cravens the next year. Or Derrick Henry.

8 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I wanted Eric Kendricks or Preston Smith instead of MEJ. Probably would have gone William Jackson then Cravens the next year. Or Derrick Henry.

I wanted WJIII badly. Ironic thing is Al would of taken him 100%. Super fast but his metrics in college were insane. He was Top 5 in coverage metrics and hd 15 deflections his final year, I think that was the NCAA or at least his school record, can’t remember. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

whats the point of saying 2015 and 2016 are "two of the worst drafts in team history minus most Al Davis 1st Round picks?"  So you mean two of the worst drafts since 2011?

You gotta think that cable will be gone after this year. Although it’s not like our line didn’t start regressing before he was here, but I guess they figured if we were going to run zone, he would be the one to do it. Lynch will be gone next year and I’m assuming he will too. Btw, I feel bad for lynch, he came back for this? 

Gruden will need a scapegoat, and if not him or Carr, who else could it be? You can’t really do much on offense if you can’t block anybody. One positive from this is that it may force Carr to extend plays with his feet.

32 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

You gotta think that cable will be gone after this year. Although it’s not like our line didn’t start regressing before he was here, but I guess they figured if we were going to run zone, he would be the one to do it. Lynch will be gone next year and I’m assuming he will too. Btw, I feel bad for lynch, he came back for this? 

Gruden will need a scapegoat, and if not him or Carr, who else could it be? You can’t really do much on offense if you can’t block anybody. One positive from this is that it may force Carr to extend plays with his feet.

Or does he stick with the scheme and dump Gabe & KO?

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Or does he stick with the scheme and dump Gabe & KO?

That will happen IMO.

Gruden won't confirm that he picked the wrong OL coach, he will through the misfit PBS guys under the bus and save lots of money for I don't know what...

Archived