Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rolni

State of our team

Recommended Posts

Money doesn’t matter, if you have a competent QB you’re going to have to pay them because someone will. Look at cousin’s with his  guaranteed contract, no one in the league not named Rodgers Brees or Brady should have that contract, but the demand is high for good QBs. If you have a good QB they will reset the market at the end of their contract since Carr signed his contract he’s been eclipsed by Cousins, Rodgers, Stafford, Jimmy G and Ryan. More guys will pass him up I’m sure it’s just the cost of doing business in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 3:05 AM, big_palooka said:

Agree. Carr is a solid QB, I don't know what some fans are expecting. Not all QBs are Rodgers and Carr is still young and learning a new system. He showed last week he can stand in there and take hits while delivering the ball. As long as his confidence is in tacked, he will be fine. 

Gruden said a couple of his bad decision were on him. He didn't elaborate, but seems Gruden has all the trust in him. 

Biggest issue for me with Carr is his deep ball. He get so much air under it sometimes. It just hangs up there and leads to a lot of under throws. 

I think sometimes he does it to make the ball more catchable. I don't blame him because of all the drops over the past few years. When there's safety help though I agree it's dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The big issues aside what I put in the OP:

-How can we trust Gruden's FA approach after this haul? 

Reggie Nelson, Marcus Gilchrist, Derrick Johnson, Tahir Whitehead, Emmanuel Lamur, Tank Carradnie, Breno Giacomini, Doug Martin...what a list...wow

Hankins, Melvin, DRC, Frostee, Nelson, Worley seems like solid guys, but the rest? Also DRC and Hankins was somewhat luck on our part with them being so long on the market and we have so obvious need at their position...

 

-How can we trust Gruden and Guenther as coordinators?

Gruden can't scheme Amari open? Can't get him into the game constantly? How? Why?

Where is the running game? If Lynch doesn't do some BeastMode stuff we run without success...Why is Cable here? Why can't they put a run game together with KO-Hudon-Jackson in the middle?

Where is the killer instinct in this O? We have no urgency, no agressiveness...

We give up 7 yards on average...freaking Ken Norton Jr. wasn't able to do that...I get that Mack is not here anymore (Gruden traded him when he knew what he has), but still...why did we bring in all these FA veterans then? Why not go with UDFA's and young guys all the way...we would at least have some speed then...

 

-How can we trust Gruden the GM?

It seems like he evaluated this roster badly, he made some bad FA signings, then didn't really helped the situation with his draft and then he traded away his HOF EDGE ruher, who could have helped right away obviously...

Maybe this is a calculated lost season for 1\1? Come on man!

Edited by Rolni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rolni said:

-How can we trust Gruden's FA approach after this haul? 

You can't. This was a concern with him coming back. He values veteran players. Martin is a FA bust entrenched as the #2 RB. Meanwhile Richard/Washington who have some home run ability are getting limited or no touches.

We knew who Reggie Nelson was. And we get another year of him. Johnson was done in KC but everyone wanted to pretend like he could be something in coverage. Whitehead is the worst signing because of the big contract. Said it at the time, he's a slow moving LB who can't cover. He's completely overmatched as a starter.

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

-How can we trust Gruden and Guenther as coordinators?

Gruden can't scheme Amari open? Can't get him into the game constantly? How? Why?

Make no mistake. Cooper is getting open. This is on Carr. He's not looking his way and getting him the ball. The question is why.

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

Where is the running game? If Lynch doesn't do some BeastMode stuff we run without success...Why is Cable here? Why can't they put a run game together with KO-Hudon-Jackson in the middle?

Cable was a dud hire. We called it at the time. Guys sucks, period. His philosophy is outdated. RBs are have no explosiveness. Committing to Martin as the #2 is a head scratcher when you have 2 guys with some explosive ability as COP backs. 

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

-How can we trust Gruden the GM?

You can't. But we already knew that. He's not a talent evaluator. And it was laughable people trying to justify he and Reggie being a unit. He blew up the roster and replaced it with older parts. Granted they are on 1 year deals and will be gone, but this can't continue. They are so slow on defense it's ridiculous. 

And after Sunday.... I don't trust Gruden the coach. That was as lifeless a performance as I've seen in a long time. No urgency, no fire. Looked defeated from the jump with Gruden being conservative to not expose his rookie tackles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rolni said:

The big issues aside what I put in the OP:

-How can we trust Gruden's FA approach after this haul? 

Reggie Nelson, Marcus Gilchrist, Derrick Johnson, Tahir Whitehead, Emmanuel Lamur, Tank Carradnie, Breno Giacomini, Doug Martin...what a list...wow

Hankins, Melvin, DRC, Frostee, Nelson, Worley seems like solid guys, but the rest? Also DRC and Hankins was somewhat luck on our part with them being so long on the market and we have so obvious need at their position...

 

-How can we trust Gruden and Guenther as coordinators?

Gruden can't scheme Amari open? Can't get him into the game constantly? How? Why?

Where is the running game? If Lynch doesn't do some BeastMode stuff we run without success...Why is Cable here? Why can't they put a run game together with KO-Hudon-Jackson in the middle?

Where is the killer instinct in this O? We have no urgency, no agressiveness...

We give up 7 yards on average...freaking Ken Norton Jr. wasn't able to do that...I get that Mack is not here anymore (Gruden traded him when he knew what he has), but still...why did we bring in all these FA veterans then? Why not go with UDFA's and young guys all the way...we would at least have some speed then...

 

-How can we trust Gruden the GM?

It seems like he evaluated this roster badly, he made some bad FA signings, then didn't really helped the situation with his draft and then he traded away his HOF EDGE ruher, who could have helped right away obviously...

Maybe this is a calculated lost season for 1\1? Come on man!

Imo the only reason you bring Cable is because you are looking to save money to resign Mack. Cable is a ZBS guy and those type of OL are a lot cheaper than the power OL. I.e KO has no guaranteed money on his contract so would be an easy cut after this season. Miller and Parker fit the mould, Sharpe didn’t and was cut. 

Guenthers defense relies on man corners, giving the abilty to mix coverages and penetrators on the DL. We bring in Key, Hurst and Hall that seem to put us in a good position. We’ve done a good job on the corners but the trade of Mack has blown the DL apart. I don’t see the strategy now. 

i was always concerned about Gruden on personnel decisions, nothing has happened to alleviate those fears. Whilst Reggie’s drafting can be questioned he still had this team in good shape cap wise for us to push on, the trade of Mack was a massive step backwards. 

Gruden on Sunday gave up on the game imo, didn’t want to up the tempo on offense because of the OTs. Why not bring in Clemmings and/or Murray they have been with the team 5 weeks. Gruden is not giving value for his $10m a year salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fascinating. RM has drafted like **** but he's going to get a pass while Gruden is trashed 5 games into his contract. I remember when RM was hired, people saw him as the savior after the Al Davis days. Unfortunately, he wasn't that good of a GM. Time to face the facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the final year of Cooper’s contract? I don’t think he resigns here tbh. Maybe trade him for more picks. He’s not the # 1 WR on this team, so why not trade him? What is his trade value?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Is this the final year of Cooper’s contract? I don’t think he resigns here tbh. Maybe trade him for more picks. He’s not the # 1 WR on this team, so why not trade him? What is his trade value?

He has a 5th year option but he has the same agent as Mack so he won't play under it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

This is fascinating. RM has drafted like **** but he's going to get a pass while Gruden is trashed 5 games into his contract. I remember when RM was hired, people saw him as the savior after the Al Davis days. Unfortunately, he wasn't that good of a GM. Time to face the facts.

I don’t think he’s getting a pass it’s pretty clear majority have soured on him. Just for me going off Gruden track record in Tampa he was pretty brutal with his selections. Hopefully he’s better this time around

Edited by SimonGruber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Just for me going off Gruden track record in Tampa he was pretty brutal with his selections. Hopefully he’s better this time around

Gruden’s biggest problem is his ego. He thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. I don’t think this is going to happen, but hop it does get better. It can’t possibly get worse though can it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I don’t think he’s getting a pass it’s pretty clear majority have soured on him. Just for me going off Gruden track record in Tampa he was pretty brutal with his selections. Hopefully he’s better this time around

Well, we're getting more from this draft class than the last 3 combined at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Well, we're getting more from this draft class than the last 3 combined at this point.

No doubt about that. If he gets credit for the draft shouldn’t Chuck take heat for the trade down if Reggie has been basically demoted ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are saying gruden's vet FA's are garbage? Who cares, they'll be gone next year.

The draft which he helped execute is looking good so far. Have some perspective people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×