State of our team

Rolni

6 hours ago, Dessie said:

I’m confused. First you say Hall is part of a solid draft class now you he’s been invisible? 

I like the long-term potential of the class but they've definitely underperformed this year. The game should slow down for Hall, Miller, and Parker as they gain strength and experience in the league. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I like the long-term potential of the class but they've definitely underperformed this year. The game should slow down for Hall, Miller, and Parker as they gain strength and experience in the league. 

I'm really worried about Parker. He's not struggling, he's getting destroyed.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn’t say they’ve underperformed. Almost all the guys have had extensive playing time this year because of the losses that have come from the Mack trade. When the Raiders drafted Key the expectation was he’d be a 3rd down guy with Mack somewhere on the line along with Irvin. Hall and Hurst probably wouldn’t have played as much either due to Mack being on the field. But the trade happened, and everyone became starters full time. No time develop just thrown in the deep end. 

Same can be said about Miller and Parker. Both guys weren’t originally supposed to start but Giacomni was garbage and Penn went to IR thrusting these tackles into starting roles prematurely. Both tackles where supposed to get a year on the bench to learn techniques and build strength. 

That was the story: the Raiders had projects but it was okay because they had starters ahead of them. Through both idiotic coaching decisions and injuries the Raiders lines hit a perfect storm of garbage play. The rookies where never supposed to be ready now, they showed up early but have fallen off as the season has progressed. 

Except Townsend...he just sucks. 

20 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Cable is terrible oline coach. No judgements should be made until he's gone and real coach is here

For real... if Gruden can't objectively look at how terrible the Oline has become and how it's effected his QB play and let go of that bum, I can't buy anything he's doing as a leader.

50 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Cable is terrible oline coach. No judgements should be made until he's gone and real coach is here

Same thing could be said for KNJ.  This was easily a top 15 defense once KNJ was fired and Pagano took over.  But we did not retain Pagano and dismantled the D.  The defense could have been really good this year with a couple moves but Gruden decided he wanted his guys even though he has very little to do with that side of the ball.

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Hall and Hurst probably wouldn’t have played as much either due to Mack being on the field. But the trade happened, and everyone became starters full time. No time develop just thrown in the deep end. 

Hall and Hurst were both expected to play from day one, they were brought in to take some of the pressure off of Mack by finally giving us a legitimate interior pass rush. 

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

This is what I don’t get. They were the strength of the team and I don’t think you can blame it all on zone schemes. Our guards are getting killed on pass plays as well.

I thought Gabe Jackson was at least average but I see him consistently knocked on his butt a majority of plays. And what is the deal with KO? Is he still hurt? He has been terrible. Hudson is the only bright spot.

Archived