State of our team

Rolni

Damn this doesn't sound good. Is Cook trying to leave too?

It was the start of a tough day for Cook, who dropped a third-down pass and then shoved teammate Frostee Rucker on the sideline afterward. He was jawing at Chargers defenders all day and late in the game decided that taking a shot at Derwin James after a catch was preferable to running out of bounds. 

Cook’s first catch didn’t come until the Chargers had a 17-3 lead in the third quarter and any remote chance the Raiders had of winning was tied to Cook or Martin having a big game. 

^from Vic on The Athletic

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/11/11/18086140/historically-bad-season-has-raiders-veterans-at-their-breaking-point-as-team-falls-to-1-8

5 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I'm kinda in shock. I know it's unreal bad right now but he's about as professional and gard working as players get. We still got 7 weeks for this thing to get uglier too

I haven't seen anything official. Just a Vegas reporter I've never heard of. If true, thats bad. Would explain Carr being so upset.

From Paul Gutierrez...

Had lengthy talk w/#Raiders owner Mark Davis this evening. Touched on topics from Khalil Mack trade to where he'd like Raiders to play in 2019 to draft misses to his belief in Jon Gruden to taking responsibility for team's woes. "The buck stops with me," he said. Story coming...

11:29 PM · Nov 11, 2018 · Twitter Web Client

Surprisingly open and honest (seems like to me anyway) interview from Mark Davis:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25252751/mark-davis-oakland-raiders-1-8-start-buck-stops-me

He takes lots of blame as he should.

Gets into the Mack situation, the Cooper situation...I guess if a rookie doesn't want to come to the Raiders just need to hire Segal as his agent from now on...

Talks about Carr and to me it looks like Carr will get another year at least...

Talks about Reggie and to me it looks like Reggie could very well let go after this year...

This is all we need to know about Gruden's job security:

"Having Jon Gruden here was the end game for me. Jon's going to be the stability here. Jon's going nowhere. That's just the way it is."

Archived