State of our team

Rolni

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd be all over DeAndre Baker at #2. Honestly, they're 1a and 1b for me right now (like Ward and Vea last year).

Whoa.. I'm a Georgia guy and that is to rich. You can likely draft him with one of the later round 1 picks. He's not a top 10 CB prospect. 

13 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He's my #1 corner in this class.

I've had him 3, but could move him to 2. I go back and forth on him as prospect. And I honestly probably nitpick him because I watch all UGA football. I think we tend to do that with teams we root for. You always want more from players (example you with Conley). 

I really like Baker coming into the season, then cooled on him a little. Probably need to go back now and watch while not in the heat of the game being played. What do you like about him? Pro Comparison? 

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I've had him 3, but could move him to 2. I go back and forth on him as prospect. And I honestly probably nitpick him because I watch all UGA football. I think we tend to do that with teams we root for. You always want more from players (example you with Conley). 

I really like Baker coming into the season, then cooled on him a little. Probably need to go back now and watch while not in the heat of the game being played. What do you like about him? Pro Comparison? 

Baker is a proficient press man corner with great instincts in zone. So few college corners are up in opposing receiver's face as often as Baker was and he put up some great tape against the nation's top receivers. Further, he's a very good tackler. I think the closest guy I'd compare him to is Malcolm Butler.

Also, I don't necessarily want more from Conley, I just don't expect much more from him. I guess the key difference between a guy like Conley and Baker is that Baker is more explosive on his breaks toward the ball--which often separates the merely good corners from the great ones.

20 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

DeAndre Baker at #2? Woah that's pretty rich for a guy that's not a great athlete. 

You have him on the same level as Patrick Peterson, Jalen Ramsey, Denzel  Ward coming out?

He's not even the best CB prospect in this class. Greedy is taller, more athletic, and has better ball skills. Greedy could legit go top 5 depending on team need. His stock will only rise in the offseason circuit.

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

He's not even the best CB prospect in this class. Greedy is taller, more athletic, and has better ball skills. Greedy could legit go top 5 depending on team need. His stock will only rise in the offseason circuit.

Baker is the more skilled player. I'm also expecting him to test much better than people expect. I don't know why people think he's a slouch athletically. He plays more press man than just about any other CB in this class in the SEC, yet he's somehow a sub-par athlete. K.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Baker is the more skilled player. I'm also expecting him to test much better than people expect. I don't know why people think he's a slouch athletically. He plays more press man than just about any other CB in this class in the SEC, yet he's somehow a sub-par athlete. K.

If youre looking at press technique and tackling, yes. But he's not on Greedy's level of ball skills and read and react imo.

Idk who thinks Baker isnt athletic tho. He's a great athlete, Greedy just has a rare package of height/length/athleticism.

Greedy's my #4 prospect right now and Baker is my #12 so i dont have them very far apart and their styles are built for different systems. I think they'll both be excellent players on Sunday.

12 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Greedy is overrated. His stock is not as high as draft twitter and fans are expecting. He might not be as good as his teammate on the other side. I think people are going to be surprised where he is drafted. Overhyped all season.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Greedy is overrated. His stock is not as high as draft twitter and fans are expecting. He might not be as good as his teammate on the other side. I think people are going to be surprised where he is drafted. Overhyped all season.

As someone who's watched every game of his career closely, you are dead wrong. I think youll be the one surprised, when he goes in the top 5

5 hours ago, riceman80 said:

As someone who's watched every game of his career closely, you are dead wrong. I think youll be the one surprised, when he goes in the top 5

I'm an SEC guy, was excited about him coming into the season. He underwhelmed, proved he was overhyped. Against the same competition, Baker outperformed him. Delpit was the star in their secondary.

He's a good, not great corner the more I've watched him. He lacks elite speed and therefore isn't a top 5 pick.

Archived