State of our team

Rolni

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Maybe you’re right and that one playoff year was just a fluke. Interesting to see if anyone is dealt before the trade deadline. I agree coop is gone and wherever he lands he gonna ball crazy. Real question is what to do with Carr. He reminds me of Carson palmer a ton of talent & arm strength but makes to many mistakes to move from the “great” category to the “elite” category. 

do you think they would trade Carr this year if he keeps throwing games away?

if so to who? and for how much in return?

I don't think Carr is traded this year unless they get a offer they can't refuse.

A ton of knee jerk reaction stuff on this forum. It's clear to me that the only thing that matters is wins at this point, which obviously is the goal.  The team can be close and competitive in some games and that just doesn't matter to the masses. 

Growing pains are tough.  I guess I'm just waiting for the rest of the fan base to go through the remaining steps.  I see most are stuck in denial or anger.

I had some hope in the beginning of the season that we would just come out and everything would click.  However, the odds were always in favor of us being a bad team that overhauled it's roster. 

3 hours ago, true2form said:

A ton of knee jerk reaction stuff on this forum. It's clear to me that the only thing that matters is wins at this point, which obviously is the goal.  The team can be close and competitive in some games and that just doesn't matter to the masses. 

Growing pains are tough.  I guess I'm just waiting for the rest of the fan base to go through the remaining steps.  I see most are stuck in denial or anger.

I had some hope in the beginning of the season that we would just come out and everything would click.  However, the odds were always in favor of us being a bad team that overhauled it's roster. 

Typically, I would agree with you. I always try to look on the plus side. I supported McKenzie for years, preaching patience. But it's been 15+ years of being bottom feeders in the NFL. Knee jerk reactions aside, there is a fundamental issue at the top of this organization that is holding it back. 

To look at this old roster, void of playmakers and struggling QB and a coach who is making questionable decisions and thinking there is some upside.... I'm losing hope. Looks more SSDD to me. More commitment to mediocrity. 

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Typically, I would agree with you. I always try to look on the plus side. I supported McKenzie for years, preaching patience. But it's been 15+ years of being bottom feeders in the NFL. Knee jerk reactions aside, there is a fundamental issue at the top of this organization that is holding it back. 

To look at this old roster, void of playmakers and struggling QB and a coach who is making questionable decisions and thinking there is some upside.... I'm losing hope. Looks more SSDD to me. More commitment to mediocrity. 

Just think of the top of the organization. There's Davis and.... who? McKenzie as GM was defacto head of personnel, team president, how many other roles are there in a typical organization? A few at least I think.. Who's assistant GM, anyone smart or qualified? In what way is this organized like a professional organization? It isn't. It's an owner unqualified when it comes to matters of the team itself, a neutered GM with way too many hats from day one in the first place, and a HC who has always been poor in team building and is now running wild ala Hue Jackson. In fact one could say this team has no better power structure, chain of command or depth of organizational roles than when Al Davis was alive, or when he had recently died. Which starts to explain why the dysfunction continues and the garbage team persists.

I'm personally infuriated with this team. I have not been inclined to watch the games this year, as why the hell would I spend my time on this team, which I know is handicapped in every game before it hits the field. It's wasted hours and inevitable aggravation. If they win, good for them. If they lose, I won't have to be angry and want to vomit for four hours every Sunday.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This isn’t like years past, we have a proven offense and defense that’s going to be around for 10 years.

No more changing systems and purging players.

For the next 10 years the Raiders will be drafting and signing FAs to fit this one system. Players will have time to learn the system and grow within it.

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

This isn’t like years past, we have a proven offense and defense that’s going to be around for 10 years.

For the next 10 years the Raiders will be drafting and signing FAs to fit this one system. Players will have time to learn the system and grow within it.

Until PG gets a hc job then we’ll need another dc

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Have to prove they 1) Have an actual plan and vision. 2) Can actually land quality FA's vs. has beens 3) Prove they can handle and not loose assets in trade 4) Prove they can actually draft and....

Gruden won't last 10 years, so you can forget that. Honeymoon period is over with fans 9 months into his tenure. If they don't start winning, he will bail. I give it 4-5 years max. Unless they get real good in a real hurry.

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Have to prove they 1) Have an actual plan and vision. 2) Can actually land quality FA's vs. has beens 3) Prove they can handle and not loose assets in trade 4) Prove they can actually draft and....

Gruden won't last 10 years, so you can forget that. Honeymoon period is over with fans 9 months into his tenure. If they don't start winning, he will bail. I give it 4-5 years max. Unless they get real good in a real hurry.

The Raiders have some real  building blocks for the future.  This offenses is going to get better with time. With a ton of money and draft picks the defense will improve.( it mostly needs pass rushers)

12 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The Raiders have some real  building blocks for the future.  This offenses is going to get better with time. With a ton of money and draft picks the defense will improve.( it mostly needs pass rushers)

Literally been hearing this for the last 15 years. There are always "building blocks" and "potential" with the Raiders. Where are the star players? Oh right.... sent to another team and the other can't get the ball thrown to him.

All that money and draft picks means, to quote Jim Mora Sr., diddly poo. Who you spending the cash on? And who in this cesspool of an organization can draft players well?

I get you want to be optimistic.... but you have to be real. There is no star talent on this roster. The HC (Gruden) is wearing the pants and has a proven track record of failure building a roster and developing talent. The owner is Gruden's puppet in all honesty. He gave a big ego 100 million reasons to feel entitled to everything in the organization.

In summary, poor feckless ownership. Megalomaniac HC/GM who's proven he can't build a roster in complete control. No checks and balances when it comes to FA, the draft, etc. How do you remedy this situation? 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Literally been hearing this for the last 15 years. There are always "building blocks" and "potential" with the Raiders. Where are the star players? Oh right.... sent to another team and the other can't get the ball thrown to him.

All that money and draft picks means, to quote Jim Mora Sr., diddly poo. Who you spending the cash on? And who in this cesspool of an organization can draft players well?

I get you want to be optimistic.... but you have to be real. There is no star talent on this roster. The HC (Gruden) is wearing the pants and has a proven track record of failure building a roster and developing talent. The owner is Gruden's puppet in all honesty. He gave a big ego 100 million reasons to feel entitled to everything in the organization.

In summary, poor feckless ownership. Megalomaniac HC/GM who's proven he can't build a roster in complete control. No checks and balances when it comes to FA, the draft, etc. How do you remedy this situation? 

I’m thinking the best solution to fix this team is MD selling the team. Not going to happen though. I unfortunately think this team is going to be a dumpster fire with the current ownership.

Archived