State of our team

Rolni

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Please explain this. Gruden said no we won't pay you like a QB but we'll give you the opportunity to get that contract elsewhere and he burned some bridges with agents? I posted an agent's take article right after the trade that said exactly this.

All players see is you wont pay top dollar to keep your best player. All agents see is they wont pay my client top dollar no matter how good he is. A franchise with 2 gms and 2 front offices right now. You crazy if you think we getting good free agents for fair market value any time soon. 

22 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

All players see is you wont pay top dollar to keep your best player. All agents see is they wont pay my client top dollar no matter how good he is. A franchise with 2 gms and 2 front offices right now. You crazy if you think we getting good free agents for fair market value any time soon. 

So players and agents see that the Raiders aren't going to throw money around and they'll be asking to be paid above market value by them... There are probably reasons why FAs wouldn't want to sign with the Raiders but that's not what happened with Mack. The number one reason is they haven't won a playoff game in 16 years. As for market value, Donald and Mack, for example,  reset the market by millions so it's hard to tell what's fair in the current market.

16 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

So players and agents see that the Raiders aren't going to throw money around and they'll be asking to be paid above market value by them... There are probably reasons why FAs wouldn't want to sign with the Raiders but that's not what happened with Mack. The number one reason is they haven't won a playoff game in 16 years. As for market value, Donald and Mack, for example,  reset the market by millions so it's hard to tell what's fair in the current market.

They did not reset the market they were payed a corresponding percentage for top 3 defensive players, 12% of the cap.

Sitting here browsing twitter while watching total access. I see like 3 opinion articles about why the raiders should trade for obj. Then i hear rod woodson with his hot tske for week 6 is giants trade obj to the raiders.

Why is this a thing?

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Sitting here browsing twitter while watching total access. I see like 3 opinion articles about why the raiders should trade for obj. Then i hear rod woodson with his hot tske for week 6 is giants trade obj to the raiders.

Why is this a thing?

We will give them Cooper and this years 2nd.  Then we can watch Cooper put up OBJ numbers and we can watch a true diva type WR get in Carr's face.  The problem is not going to be solved by getting another WR.  What we need is Carr to settle in and stop trying to make KO and Jackson ZBS guards.  Trade them or figure out a way to play to their strengths.  For every Jim Plunkett we have a Randy Moss and Charles Woodson.  Is the culture around this team just too relaxed?  This team has been bad for to long to say it is the players.  There is something deeper.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We will give them Cooper and this years 2nd.  Then we can watch Cooper put up OBJ numbers and we can watch a true diva type WR get in Carr's face.  The problem is not going to be solved by getting another WR.  What we need is Carr to settle in and stop trying to make KO and Jackson ZBS guards.  Trade them or figure out a way to play to their strengths.  For every Jim Plunkett we have a Randy Moss and Charles Woodson.  Is the culture around this team just too relaxed?  This team has been bad for to long to say it is the players.  There is something deeper.

I am a firm believer that it is only a matter of time before Carr gets going. He is still adjusting to this offense. His facial expressions give it away. He looks confused when he comes off the field and gruden is talking to him.

I just don't see the draw to getting odell. 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:05 PM, OG_C2X said:

Why is this a thing?

Because they have multiple first round picks. And an offensive minded HC who would favor a move like this.

26 minutes ago, Totty said:

The roster clearly sucks.  I get it.  I just want to see it done right.  

I disagree. Roster was beating the Rams first half then we got out coached.

Trading Mack killed team chemistry. Carr's best friend is shipped off the team right before the opening game. Gruden is an IDIOT!!! Mark made his biggest mistake as an owner by buying into the hype of needing Gruden. Del Rio was good enough til Vegas but NOOOOO after a bad season can him and go with Chucky. What a nightmare and we all saw it with the coaches he hired on Offense. I'd rather we been a playoff chance with Mack than this rebuild ****e where I expect any moment for players to chase/tackle like a Pro Bowl game.I'd hate to be a player on this team with a contract beyond this season. I'd take less money to get away from the Raiders until they are in Vegas and have a team worth playing on. 

I need to just stop watching because it's pissing me off so much since the day Mack was traded. Hopefully by then end of the season I can leave not only the Raiders but the NFL as a fan. 

1 minute ago, G said:

I disagree. Roster was beating the Rams first half then we got out coached.

Trading Mack killed team chemistry. Carr's best friend is shipped off the team right before the opening game. Gruden is an IDIOT!!! Mark made his biggest mistake as an owner by buying into the hype of needing Gruden. Del Rio was good enough til Vegas but NOOOOO after a bad season can him and go with Chucky. What a nightmare and we all saw it with the coaches he hired on Offense. I'd rather we been a playoff chance with Mack than this rebuild ****e where I expect any moment for players to chase/tackle like a Pro Bowl game.I'd hate to be a player on this team with a contract beyond this season. I'd take less money to get away from the Raiders until they are in Vegas and have a team worth playing on. 

I need to just stop watching because it's pissing me off so much since the day Mack was traded. Hopefully by then end of the season I can leave not only the Raiders but the NFL as a fan. 

The Mack trade pissed everyone off.  But I'm not going to live in the past.  To me, it's clearly "suck for Bosa".  Might as well accept that.  The one agreeable thing Gruden said was, we weren't that good with Khalil Mack.  So, if your rebuilding... Get as many picks as you can.  If it's Bosa and White to help rebuild this D, then so be it.  Wait and see. 

Archived