GDT: Week 4 - Thursday Night Visitors from Indy

Deadpulse

9 hours ago, LD696 said:

How is Luck's throwing arm looking? I've only watched Colts game highlights so far this year, so obviously I can't gauge it accurately.

His best two games were week 1 and last Sunday's game. His arm strength seems to be progressing nicely threw a couple nice 30+ yard throws and even a 60 yard hail Mary. Still lacks zip on some of his passes though it doesn't help TY and Ebron are his only threats downfield.

Colts offense

— First in the NFL in third-down conversion percentage (51.6)

— First in the NFL in third down conversions (32)

— Fourth in the NFL in total receptions by tight ends (29)

Colts defense

— Tied for seventh in the AFC in rushing yards allowed per game (109.2)

— 10th in the NFL in yards per play allowed (5.4)

— Tied for third in the NFL in sacks per pass attempt (11.1 percent)

— First in the NFL in tackles for loss (31)

— Second in the NFL in sacks (17)

— Tied for first in the NFL in most opponent negative plays caused (34)

So, solely by using this information (coz again, not watched much of them) - it will be closer than most think. They have been savage on third down, and before the Miami game, we were one of the worst. They'll probably lean on TEs even more than usual, with Hilton out. Not reflected above but they are 28th in offensive rushing yards and 29th in rushing attempts. We won't be using much in the way of stacked boxes or big defensive lines. 

Seem to be pretty good on defense, as it goes. Really good at causing disruption in the backfield so far. Loads of forced negative plays. I don't know if this means we should use screens more sparingly than against Miami? Brady will probably be getting the ball out quick and over the middle, I'd guess.

Get to AL, because he's clearly so important to them.

21 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Colts offense

— First in the NFL in third-down conversion percentage (51.6)

— First in the NFL in third down conversions (32)

— Fourth in the NFL in total receptions by tight ends (29)

Colts defense

— Tied for seventh in the AFC in rushing yards allowed per game (109.2)

— 10th in the NFL in yards per play allowed (5.4)

— Tied for third in the NFL in sacks per pass attempt (11.1 percent)

— First in the NFL in tackles for loss (31)

— Second in the NFL in sacks (17)

— Tied for first in the NFL in most opponent negative plays caused (34)

So, solely by using this information (coz again, not watched much of them) - it will be closer than most think. They have been savage on third down, and before the Miami game, we were one of the worst. They'll probably lean on TEs even more than usual, with Hilton out. Not reflected above but they are 28th in offensive rushing yards and 29th in rushing attempts. We won't be using much in the way of stacked boxes or big defensive lines. 

Seem to be pretty good on defense, as it goes. Really good at causing disruption in the backfield so far. Loads of forced negative plays. I don't know if this means we should use screens more sparingly than against Miami? Brady will probably be getting the ball out quick and over the middle, I'd guess.

Get to AL, because he's clearly so important to them.

That sack stat is a bit misleading they don't get consistent pressure on QBs. They also commit tons of penalties and mistakes which is common for such a young defense. On offense that redskins game is a big outlier think they were 9/12 on third down conversions. No Ty and run game means easy win for Patriots.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

That sack stat is a bit misleading they don't get consistent pressure on QBs. They also commit tons of penalties and mistakes which is common for such a young defense. On offense that redskins game is a big outlier think they were 9/12 on third down conversions. No Ty and run game means easy win for Patriots.

Detroit didn't have a run game either until they met us :D

On 10/2/2018 at 3:51 PM, Starless said:

Gronk's ankle situation bears watching. I'd say there's at least a 50-50 chance that they sit him this week to make sure it's healed up by the Chiefs game.

i bet he's fine. i think this is a two possession victory either way

IF we lose (hey, we all thought we'd smoke Detroit) then it's worth keeping perspective - it's still very early, and if we turn around and beat KC, it's rectified, for me.

That said, we are 58-17 in October with BB. We are the October team. 

Archived