Week 5 GDT - Titans @ Bills

FutureIsWhite

I was going to wait a bit until I posted this weeks GDT but I think it’s time to move on to the Bills after that amazing win last week. 

Titans @ Bills - 1pm  Orchard Park NY 

This week we have have the Buffalo Bills who are 1-3 and as of now and could be the worst team in the league , but In no way do I think the Titans overlook the Bills . Vrabel has this team rolling , the confindence is sky high , the team chemistry couldn’t be stronger and the way this football team rallys together is as special as we’ve seen in this team in a long long time . 

Of course the media is still hesitant to jump on the Titans bandwagon which is more then  ok , this team loves to play under the radar .. this being said I don’t see any media outlet not picking us to win this game , this is a game where we should win by double digits and keep our heart medicine in the cabinet instead of our left pocket . 

The Titans of old would beat a contender and lose to a terrible team the following week,  however i don’t think we’re the Titans of old , in fact as of right now i see us as the 2nd best team in the AFC . 

Game stats 

Mariota 

22-29   224 yards 2 tds and 1 int

5 rushes for 56 yards and a td 

Lewis  11 for 60 

4 rec for 36 yards and 1 td 

Henry   16 for 70 

Davis 7 rec for 91 and a td 

Final score 

Titans 31

Bills 13 

ps 

I will be at this game this week so I’ll be rocking my Titans gear as well as cheering on “the boys”. 20 yard line , bills sideline , row 3 . A fat guy in a Baby blue Mariota jersey will be me . Lol 

Did you copy and paste the Eagles GDT to this one on accident? Haha

After 4 slug it out battles we finally face an opponent we, “should” beat. As great as our last 3 wins were, I think this game will tell perhaps the most about the team we have. The good teams go out there and take care of business by handling a team like the Bills. This has trap game written all over it and if we lose, we lose a lot of credibility.

Just now, dtait93 said:

Did you copy and paste the Eagles GDT to this one on accident? Haha

After 4 slug it out battles we finally face an opponent we, “should” beat. As great as our last 3 wins were, I think this game will tell perhaps the most about the team we have. The good teams go out there and take care of business by handling a team like the Bills. This has trap game written all over it and if we lose, we lose a lot of credibility.

Yea lol ,

for some reason I hit done by mistake . I edited the post .. we’re all set 

It feels like we have to fall flat at some point, and the Bills have already shown once this season that it doesn't matter if you have a better coaching staff and better talent, you can still lose the game, when they beat the Vikings.

I expected us to be flat vs the Eagles coming off two division wins we had to grind for and we still managed to win. Maybe Vrabel is right in giving the guys Monday off after each win to get them a little more rest in.

I have faith in this team to be a playoff contender, but I just feel like we've gotta be tired at this point. I'm not really sure who to pick.

I'm never one who goes into a game overly confident but the Bills may be the least talented team in the league.

I know they beat the Vikings but, as we see, the Vikings have problems of their own. And based off their other three games, that game looks to be an outlier.

We're facing a rookie QB with spotty accuracy who has a shaky oline, holds onto the ball way too long and is lacking the skill players around him. With the different looks we provide on defense, they should be licking their lips.

You shouldn't take any opponent lightly in this league (and hopefully the team isn't) but, if we are truly the contender we all believe we are/can be, we should take care of them.

48 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It feels like we have to fall flat at some point, and the Bills have already shown once this season that it doesn't matter if you have a better coaching staff and better talent, you can still lose the game, when they beat the Vikings.

I expected us to be flat vs the Eagles coming off two division wins we had to grind for and we still managed to win. Maybe Vrabel is right in giving the guys Monday off after each win to get them a little more rest in.

I have faith in this team to be a playoff contender, but I just feel like we've gotta be tired at this point. I'm not really sure who to pick.

Even great teams bound to fall flat once n awhile  so it’s bound to happen at some point but I think it’s more likely against a team like the colts or the giants . The Bills have a really really bad roster and they have clear weaknesses all over the field that I think the coaching staff takes advantage of . 

Last year I always thought there was a chance the Jags could lose each week which ended up being true . They lost to San Fran, jets, and cards , teams they clearly should have beat . This being said I don’t see them losing to bottom feeders this year, we have to keep pace with them if we want the division and we must beat the teams we’re supposed to beat. 

I know some of us our hesitant to think we’re a top dog just yet but as long as Marcus is healthy , the Titans are a better version of last years team which way more upside and talent . 

Also , earlier today I was talking with my father in law who lives in Nashville about the titans and I mentioned “if we had Walker we’d be that much better”. He actually brought up a really good point I never even thought of . 

He said that missing Walker could be the best thing to ever happen to Marcus because it makes him go elsewhere with the football helping his overall development as a QB.  It makes tons of sense , Walker was his safety valve , but he was also his top target and worst his number 1 option. I’m not trying to get too excited but this could be the beginning of An explosive offense .

After the game this past weekend vs BUF, Aaron Rodgers was upset at their offense only being able to score 1 TD. I say that to say...don't sleep on this defense, they like us were a playoff team last year and are very capable of winning a defensive game. 

Rodgers also said that they should have targeted Adams 20+ times....LeFleur,  did you hear that? 

Been a fan too long to believe this will be anything but a struggle....I call it a toss up game, last minute FG wins it, now which team kicks it???

2 hours ago, FutureIsWhite said:

Also , earlier today I was talking with my father in law who lives in Nashville about the titans and I mentioned “if we had Walker we’d be that much better”. He actually brought up a really good point I never even thought of . 

He said that missing Walker could be the best thing to ever happen to Marcus because it makes him go elsewhere with the football helping his overall development as a QB.  It makes tons of sense , Walker was his safety valve , but he was also his top target and worst his number 1 option. I’m not trying to get too excited but this could be the beginning of An explosive offense .

I heard this argument before... and while it definitely has merit and makes sense... I don't think it'd be the case.  This offense is different.  We're seeing the scheme finally come through... it's giving the WRs a chance to get open... so we no longer would have to rely solely on Walker's amazing ability to get open.  I think as the offense continues to click, we're going to start seeing things like the KC offense more often (how does Kelce get that wide open that frequently?!?!)... We saw pieces of it this past week... Jonnu wide open for the first on that dropped pass.  Taylor on the 4th and 15.  The scheme and approach more than anything is opening things up.  If Walker were here, he'd probably eventually feast as well... but he wouldn't be solely a safety valve.

At least that's how I feel after that amazing 2nd half from Mariota and the offense.  Hope I'm not singing a different tune at this time next week. 

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I heard this argument before... and while it definitely has merit and makes sense... I don't think it'd be the case.  This offense is different.  We're seeing the scheme finally come through... it's giving the WRs a chance to get open... so we no longer would have to rely solely on Walker's amazing ability to get open.  I think as the offense continues to click, we're going to start seeing things like the KC offense more often (how does Kelce get that wide open that frequently?!?!)... We saw pieces of it this past week... Jonnu wide open for the first on that dropped pass.  Taylor on the 4th and 15.  The scheme and approach more than anything is opening things up.  If Walker were here, he'd probably eventually feast as well... but he wouldn't be solely a safety valve.

At least that's how I feel after that amazing 2nd half from Mariota and the offense.  Hope I'm not singing a different tune at this time next week. 

Both sides make sense for me .. if this offense continues to play like they did yesterday it’s hard to imagine Delanie hindering this offense if he was healthy, guess we won’t know till next year. Either way it was fun to see the receivers come up with some big catches for once , but these drops have got to stop. 

Archived