Week 5 GDT - Titans @ Bills

FutureIsWhite

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

No doubt Butler has been bad this year. It’s still earlier obviously but the signing is looking like one of Robinson’s very few blunders so far.

He's got a pick and a sack. Dude makes plays. Coverage hasn't been great, but he also hasn't had great help from Kenny V or whoever else is behind him. Going against Kenny Stills, Hopkins/Fuller, and Alshon you'd expect some struggles. The big plays need to stop, but the scheming could be better. You can't ask a dude who isn't known for speed to go against some of these guys without help over the top. 

The long TD vs the Eagles Vaccaro blew right by him when he probably should've stayed over the top (even for a beat more to make Wentz think). I think Pees will try to put him in better positions going forward, but they've been pretty aggressive this first quarter of the season putting these guys on islands.

i do think we've got to be better about matchups- for instance, there is no way butler should ever be on an island vs will fuller when we have adoree jackson on the field! but even so, butler to this point has been very disappointing. if he can get it together this defense is going to start really becoming a problem for our opponents.

7 hours ago, VY said:

He's got a pick and a sack. Dude makes plays. Coverage hasn't been great, but he also hasn't had great help from Kenny V or whoever else is behind him. Going against Kenny Stills, Hopkins/Fuller, and Alshon you'd expect some struggles. The big plays need to stop, but the scheming could be better. You can't ask a dude who isn't known for speed to go against some of these guys without help over the top. 

The long TD vs the Eagles Vaccaro blew right by him when he probably should've stayed over the top (even for a beat more to make Wentz think). I think Pees will try to put him in better positions going forward, but they've been pretty aggressive this first quarter of the season putting these guys on islands.

He makes plays but he’s also giving up too many. Davante Adams isn’t a speed guy and he got behind him in the preseason. Going back to the Stills play, Butler played 6-7 yards off and literally just stood there while Stills ran full speed at him. He didn’t start running with him until he was a yard in front of him but it was too late by then because Stills already had a full head of steam. That’s all on Butler for not accounting for Still’s speed better especially when you know you aren’t going to have help over the top.

The Fuller play was the complete opposite. He tried to press him at the line and got beat. Byard could have maybe provided better help over the top, I can’t find a good angle on it, but at the same time if he doesn’t get beat at the line the TD never happens. 

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on the Matthews TD. It did look like there was mix up in coverage...but at the same time we don’t know if it was Butler’s fault or Vacarro’s fault. For all we know that could have been on Butler for expecting help over the top when there wasn’t going to be. Like I said though I’ll give him the pass since we don’t know. The other plays are on him and I expect more out of our 61 million dollar free agent.

Good luck this week fella's! 

This is definitely a game the Titans should win as they clearly have the better roster overall. But Buffalo can be a tough place to play and their defense has been much improved since the first 6 quarters of the season. 

I'll say the final score is lower then most seem to think. Titans 17, Bills 9. 

I'll be at this game, first Titans game I've gone to since 2010 (@ Giants we won 29-10).... vince young, chris johnson, justin gage, bo scaife... I think Derrick Morgan might be the only current Titan who was on that team. I still want to make the 12-hour drive to Nissan stadium one of these days.

2 minutes ago, AteBoxx said:

I'll be at this game, first Titans game I've gone to since 2010 (@ Giants we won 29-10).... vince young, chris johnson, justin gage, bo scaife... I think Derrick Morgan might be the only current Titan who was on that team. I still want to make the 12-hour drive to Nissan stadium one of these days.

Brett Kern too.

1 hour ago, AteBoxx said:

I was at that game as well. I remember Eli drove down the field at ease on us , and inside his own 5 he threw a terrible pass and we picked it off . We never looked back that game . Good to know there’s another Titans fan who’s gonna be at this game this week. The last time I saw Titans in Buffalo was Christmas Eve where Vince had a 50 yard run going into half . Not a lot of Titans fans in Buffalo, the Bills fans are pretty brutal.

10 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I actually wonder if the cardinals keep losing will they put Patrick Peterson on the block ?

Thats a possibility , I’m sure a team gunning for the playoffs would want his talents if he became available . However it wouldn’t be the Titans , we have a lot of money invested in our secondary with Ryan, Butler,Vacarro, cyprian, adoree, and Byrd will be due for a big contract soon. I’m sure it would be enticing but another team would probably be willing to pay more for Peterson.  Probably the Rams lmao 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

woodyard looking like he’s probably out this week. time for rashaan to step up 

Yea I agree .. Brown and Honor have been top notch for us this year , if only we could get Evans to start showing up this defense would be insanely deep. As of right now I’m not liking what I’m saying from Evans , granted it’s been a very small dose .

Landry on the other hand !!! Man that hit against Wentz is all I have to say.. but honestly though the kid just looks like he has that “it” factor.  “ I’ve heard from numerous fans I’ve talked to that all said the same thing “if we had Landry for the Miami game we’d be 4-0”. I actually believe that , that’s how special this kid is , to be honest he reminds me of Von Miller . Crazy to say but I think he’s that good.. 

11 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

Thats a possibility , I’m sure a team gunning for the playoffs would want his talents if he became available . However it wouldn’t be the Titans , we have a lot of money invested in our secondary with Ryan, Butler,Vacarro, cyprian, adoree, and Byrd will be due for a big contract soon. I’m sure it would be enticing but another team would probably be willing to pay more for Peterson.  Probably the Rams lmao 

Ryan has no more guaranteed money on his deal after this season, Butler has only 6 mill guaranteed left, he got 24 mill up front signing, plus its ways to play wit the cap 

Archived