Week 5 GDT - Titans @ Bills

FutureIsWhite

11 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

That’s why I say same Ole Titans again I’m not saying we suck. I’m saying we do the same thing every yr. but on the other note, Jones gives us nothing at the 5 tech, Lewis should start over Henry, I’m curious to see Levin at center over jones, he’s a solid pass blocker but he gets no push in the run game, & Kline is finesse. 

In this defense we don't have a 5 tech anymore. We're in the nickel on over 90% of plays. Casey plays 3 or 4i on the strong side and Jones/whoever is lining up at a 1 or 2i on the weakside.

I've seen several people rip on him for being invisible, but he's not supposed to be penetrating. He should be occupying blockers, forcing double teams, and holding his ground. 

If we get another DT to pair with Casey it needs to be a 315+ pounder who can do all that and rush. Not a lot of them. If we get another 290-300 lb penetrator like Casey, they're either going to be filling in for Casey when he gets breaks or coming in on obvious passing downs, but won't replace Jones.

I actually think Jones is doing fine. These LBers looked bad today.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Could’ve had Calvin Ridley with that pick and not traded up.

I would’ve been mad had we taken Ridley, don’t get me wrong Ridley is a good receiver but wouldn’t you too look good playing opposite 1 of the best receivers in football & playing wit a former MVP Quarterback. I really wanted us to go DL or LB in the 1st round. Evans will be fine once the game slows down for him & he adds some more muscle on his frame. Our DL sucks..aside from Casey. Orakpo isn’t flashing, Morgan has lost a step maybe because he tore his meniscus, & DaQuon jones offers nothing that Austin johnson or Bennie Logan & that’s a big body space eater, that doesn’t push the pocket, penetrate, I mean not a threat rushing the passer.  

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I'm sure it's been said in the thread earlier... 

But same ol' Titans... 

Ya'll are something else. lol
I think some might be happier when they are down. That way you don't set expectations for anything worthwhile. 

But wallow on....(not you, maybe I don't know.) But  ok. :)

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

In this defense we don't have a 5 tech anymore. We're in the nickel on over 90% of plays. Casey plays 3 or 4i on the strong side and Jones/whoever is lining up at a 1 or 2i on the weakside.

I've seen several people rip on him for being invisible, but he's not supposed to be penetrating. He should be occupying blockers, forcing double teams, and holding his ground. 

If we get another DT to pair with Casey it needs to be a 315+ pounder who can do all that and rush. Not a lot of them. If we get another 290-300 lb penetrator like Casey, they're either going to be filling in for Casey when he gets breaks or coming in on obvious passing downs, but won't replace Jones.

I actually think Jones is doing fine. These LBers looked bad today.

He’s doing his job in the run game, no doubt but if he’s a guy that could rush the pssser that frees up the linebackers for 1 on 1’s When it’s obvious we’re not playing the run & trying to get to the QB Casey is the only DL making noise that’s the problem you gotta have at least 2-3 in your arsenal. 2 starters & 1 rotational 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think some might be happier when they are down. That way you don't set expectations for anything worthwhile. 

After that display, you really think differently? Show me all the posts I've been negative about the Titans (not a single player but the team) and how many times I've stood behind this team even during the run years. Get over yourself. 

Whats happening is we're wasting another cheap Mariota year with this stable of so called receivers. It's JRob really too proud to admit his mistake. Dez is not the Dez of 5 hearts so, but he's better than anyone we have not named Davis. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think anyone means we're as bad of a team as we have been in the past, but that we soldiered through adversity to beat several teams no one gave us a chance to beat, only to drop an egg the second we're favored.

Maybe not the same team, but same feel. Same let down. 

We can't win them all, but today, against that Bills team, we gotta win. Instead we made mistake after mistake and basically gave them a win. Kudos to them for forcing the Lewis fumble, but the rest of the mistakes were all the Titans killing themselves.

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Listen you making the statement more than what it is. You’re assuming when we say same ole titans we’re saying we suck or we have no chance in hell. The majority of us are saying, same ole Titans always playing 500 football. Beat the teams we’re not suppose to lay a goose egg the next game we should win & make a statement. That’s what we mean same ole titans we do the same sh*+ that got us 9-7 two seasons in a row. Though we have better coaching, better players still win & lose the same ??‍♂️? why make the phrase same ole titans such a big deal. I tell you what titans win 4-6 straight & they can be ugly & close but we win I say different 

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

After that display, you really think differently? Show me all the posts I've been negative about the Titans (not a single player but the team) and how many times I've stood behind this team even during the run years. Get over yourself. 

Whats happening is we're wasting another cheap Mariota year with this stable of so called receivers. It's JRob really too proud to admit his mistake. Dez is not the Dez of 5 hearts so, but he's better than anyone we have not named Davis. 

That is why I said some. Not you, but I quoted it because of your statement. 

And yes I do think differently. Obviously. If ya'll feel this is the "same ol" then I'm different...lol

I don't think so. The turnovers sucked. The drops sucked.
However,  this wasn't Texans last year. This wasn't even Cardinals last year. To me if felt different than just inept play. Years past, we have just been inept at football. 
 I didn't feel that this time. I felt some bad plays against a good defense. 

But, if it makes you or anyone else feel better to think this is a same ol....then have at it.
It personally makes me feel better to see it the other way.  :)

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Listen you making the statement more than what it is. You’re assuming when we say same ole titans we’re saying we suck or we have no chance in hell. The majority of us are saying, same ole Titans always playing 500 football. Beat the teams we’re not suppose to lay a goose egg the next game we should win & make a statement. That’s what we mean same ole titans we do the same sh*+ that got us 9-7 two seasons in a row. Though we have better coaching, better players still win & lose the same ??‍♂️? why make the phrase same ole titans such a big deal. I tell you what titans win 4-6 straight & they can be ugly & close but we win I say different 

I hear how you are saying it, after your explanation.

However, others are saying it in reference to the bad teams of the past and the expectation that we are the same, if not worst than those squads.

You may not be meaning it negatively, but others are, because they have routinely spouted that phrase after every game that we lose.

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't think anyone means we're as bad of a team as we have been in the past, but that we soldiered through adversity to beat several teams no one gave us a chance to beat, only to drop an egg the second we're favored.

Maybe not the same team, but same feel. Same let down. 

We can't win them all, but today, against that Bills team, we gotta win. Instead we made mistake after mistake and basically gave them a win. Kudos to them for forcing the Lewis fumble, but the rest of the mistakes were all the Titans killing themselves.

Nonetheless, the phrase irks me. lol
Especially after years of seeing bad play, coaching and players.....
We get some good players, good coaches and some still want to associate it with bad teams of the past. 

I'm taking it that way. And I guess just something thats on me 

Back to back 9-7 seasons, but not a real contender. Thought this team was different... Got hyped after the last 3 weeks.

Then this happens... Same result as woulda happened the past couple seasons. It's losing to the Raiders, Dolphins, Texans, Niners, Cards last year... All non playoff teams. 

Losing to 2-win Jags teams... 

I know the Bills beat the Vikes, but that qb might be one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL this year. Their offense is a joke... And our offense couldn't muster more than 12 points to beat them. It's a freaking joke allowing ourselves to get hyped up only to experience this same let down year after year. 

We're no different... Maybe we win 10,but we won't win when it counts with this offense. Show me how we're different... 

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Back to back 9-7 seasons, but not a real contender. Thought this team was different... Got hyped after the last 3 weeks.

Then this happens... Same result as woulda happened the past couple seasons. It's losing to the Raiders, Dolphins, Texans, Niners, Cards last year... All non playoff teams. 

Losing to 2-win Jags teams... 

I know the Bills beat the Vikes, but that qb might be one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL this year. Their offense is a joke... And our offense couldn't muster more than 12 points to beat them. It's a freaking joke allowing ourselves to get hyped up only to experience this same let down year after year. 

We're no different... Maybe we win 10,but we won't win when it counts with this offense. Show me how we're different... 

yup. mediocre, inconsistent team that will probably sneak into the playoffs, maybe win a game, nothing more.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Nonetheless, the phrase irks me. lol
Especially after years of seeing bad play, coaching and players.....
We get some good players, good coaches and some still want to associate it with bad teams of the past. 

I'm taking it that way. And I guess just something thats on me 

I feel you on that part but man they have to get Mariota some proven weapons this offseason all that salary cap we had & didn’t even attempt to get a proven #2 or 3 WR a speed threat at that. I know we had Matthews but like I’ve always said aside from Matthews all our WR are unproven & full of potential, rather be safe than sorry & have solid depth. Case in point the same way the titans addressed the secondary in the off-season  spending money on Ryan, Cyprien, Butler, then drafting adoree, sims, Crushaink. ?WHY DA BLEEP THEY DIDNT DO THE SAME TOWARDS THE RECEIVER POSITION 

Archived