Week 5 GDT - Titans @ Bills

FutureIsWhite

22 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s doing his job in the run game, no doubt but if he’s a guy that could rush the pssser that frees up the linebackers for 1 on 1’s When it’s obvious we’re not playing the run & trying to get to the QB Casey is the only DL making noise that’s the problem you gotta have at least 2-3 in your arsenal. 2 starters & 1 rotational 

Right but not many 1 techs are going to be great pass rushers. Unless we find one of those rare dudes that's 320 lbs and can rush from the 1 tech, we're basically looking for a rotational pass rusher for 3rd and long.

I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever used the phrase... But it definitely applies. 

Last "cheap" Mariota year

No dependable WRs outside our top option 

Lose to one of the worst teams in the NFL... Terrible offense... Horrible rookie qb

Defense couldn't get a stop when it mattered most 

Up and down team who could hang with anyone, but won't when it matters

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Back to back 9-7 seasons, but not a real contender. Thought this team was different... Got hyped after the last 3 weeks.

Then this happens... Same result as woulda happened the past couple seasons. It's losing to the Raiders, Dolphins, Texans, Niners, Cards last year... All non playoff teams. 

Losing to 2-win Jags teams... 

I know the Bills beat the Vikes, but that qb might be one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL this year. Their offense is a joke... And our offense couldn't muster more than 12 points to beat them. It's a freaking joke allowing ourselves to get hyped up only to experience this same let down year after year. 

We're no different... Maybe we win 10,but we won't win when it counts with this offense. Show me how we're different... 

Well, I disagree. 

Teams past would be 0-5.
I feel our overall defense is better. Run defense is worst tho.  
Coaching is better.
More potential playmakers than in the past too. Still inconsistent.
We've had more injuries this year than the last 2 combined i feel.

I feel the defense did what it needed to do, to get us a win. Held that QB to under 100 yards, forced a turnover and we had a special teams play.

Our offense let us down against a solid defense.  While Allen might be the worst QB in the NFL, he didn't beat us.  The defense beat us, while we handed them the keys to our WIN, with turnovers and drops. 
Lets see how they rebound against the Ravens. If not, scream til same ol Titans until Young comes back to QB.  lol

After week 1 we were the same ol Titans too according to 95% of this forum.

The reality is it's week 5 and we have no idea what the team is, just like the vast majority of the teams in the NFL.

The week to week overreaction is foolish and really needs to stop.

The Packers got beat down pretty bad by the Lions. Seahawks anemic offensive line vs the Rams all-world defense has held up and allowed the Hawks to score 31 on them and they might beat the Rams. The Vikings who got embarrassed by this same Bills team gave the Rams all they could handle and are beating the Eagles right now. The Patriots got blown out in back to back weeks. Dolphins blew a 17 point lead. Jaguars put up 14(7 of which was garbage time) points on the worst defense in football. Browns just beat the Ravens who some were calling the Chiefs competition to be the #1 team in the AFC.

You know what all of that means?

Nothing. Cause it's 1 week.

I said it when everyone overreacted after the week 1 loss that 1 game doesn't mean much. Especially this early.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

After week 1 we were the same ol Titans too according to 95% of this forum.

The reality is it's week 5 and we have no idea what the team is, just like the vast majority of the teams in the NFL.

The week to week overreaction is foolish and really needs to stop.

The Packers got beat down pretty bad by the Lions. Seahawks anemic offensive line vs the Rams all-world defense has held up and allowed the Hawks to score 31 on them and they might beat the Rams. The Vikings who got embarrassed by this same Bills team gave the Rams all they could handle and are beating the Eagles right now. The Patriots got blown out in back to back weeks. Dolphins blew a 17 point lead. Jaguars put up 14(7 of which was garbage time) points on the worst defense in football. Browns just beat the Ravens who some were calling the Chiefs competition to be the #1 team in the AFC.

You know what all of that means?

Nothing. Cause it's 1 week.

I said it when everyone overreacted after the week 1 loss that 1 game doesn't mean much. Especially this early.

it’s not 1 week, it’s the sum of beating 2 really good teams and then shooting ourselves in the foot all day the moment we’re actually favored. tell me that’s not a pattern with this team.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

it’s not 1 week, it’s the sum of beating 2 really good teams and then shooting ourselves in the foot all day the moment we’re actually favored. tell me that’s not a pattern with this team.

It's not.  lol

We used to get embarrassed by the good teams. Beat the average teams and lose to the bad teams. 

Another thing as much crap we gave Williamson for not being able to cover we sure as hell miss his run defense. ???‍♂️ We got to learn to be thankful & count our blessings but glad Brown is getting a bigger role he’s going to be our London Fletcher once we add a few more pieces on the DL. 

Just now, -Hope- said:

It is one week. This game doesn't count as any more of a loss than any other game would.

Just as we weren't world beaters because we beat the Jags and Eagles, it isn't the end of the world cause they lost to the Bills.

There's 11 games left in the season. Just take a deep breath.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

It is one week. This game doesn't count as any more of a loss than any other game would.

Just as we weren't world beaters because we beat the Jags and Eagles, it isn't the end of the world cause they lost to the Bills.

There's 11 games left in the season. Just take a deep breath.

Maybe the Eagles should call off their season too.
Patriots should have just withdrew from the NFL after a loss to the Lions.
Jags are done. They weren't even in it against the Chiefs.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Maybe the Eagles should call off their season too.
Patriots should have just withdrew from the NFL after a loss to the Lions.
Jags are done. They weren't even in it against the Chiefs.

literally nobody is saying to give up on the season. i’d appreciate if you didn’t act like i am. all i’m saying is this team is the same middling, inconsistent squad they were last year until they prove otherwise, and they sure didn’t prove otherwise today.

Just now, -Hope- said:

literally nobody is saying to give up on the season. i’d appreciate if you didn’t act like i am. all i’m saying is this team is the same middling, inconsistent squad they were last year until they prove otherwise, and they sure didn’t prove otherwise today.

Didn't say you were giving up on the season.

Those examples are just saying hey....good teams lose games they aren't supposed to lose. Vice Versa.

I still think we a good team, but we have a season to prove it.

You want proof they are going to be a good teams for the season.
I'm waiting on more proof to say they won't be.... and history won't dictate my opinion.  

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

We can shut the hell up about the disrespect and how there’s 32 teams in the NFL and not 31

Yeah. after a couple hours of that I hated it.

News is gonna be "We paid attention and you sucked."  

Hate it, but we deserve that.

We sit here laughing at Jags fans for not being able to see how horrible Bortles is... Actually thinking hes a decent qb, better than Mariota. It's sad... They can't see it. 

Yet here we are, thinking we've actually gotten over some kinda bump... Maybe the media gets it where we don't... Maybe they're right... Maybe we're too close to it and can't see the forest for the trees. 

Whatever... I'll be back by Thursday in sure... With my Mariota jersey and rose colored glasses again. 

Disappointed that I let myself to believe that this team was different... That we'd actually beat the teams we're obviously better than. 

Archived