FutureIsWhite

Week 5 GDT - Titans @ Bills

8 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

Yea I agree .. Brown and Honor have been top notch for us this year , if only we could get Evans to start showing up this defense would be insanely deep. As of right now I’m not liking what I’m saying from Evans , granted it’s been a very small dose .

Landry on the other hand !!! Man that hit against Wentz is all I have to say.. but honestly though the kid just looks like he has that “it” factor.  “ I’ve heard from numerous fans I’ve talked to that all said the same thing “if we had Landry for the Miami game we’d be 4-0”. I actually believe that , that’s how special this kid is , to be honest he reminds me of Von Miller . Crazy to say but I think he’s that good.. 

Evans going through the motion he’s thinking too much he’s not playing instinctively & free. You can tell at times I just hope he stays healthy & gain the experience 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Ryan has no more guaranteed money on his deal after this season, Butler has only 6 mill guaranteed left, he got 24 mill up front signing, plus its ways to play wit the cap 

I can't believe Peterson is only 28. Feels like he's been in the league ten years.

Honestly, I would give Ryan an extension after this year. He has been really good for us. Butler, even if he doesn't improve, probably gets at least one more year before being in jeopardy if being cut.

I'd start Titans D in fantasy this week. Landry and Casey are going to have a festival 

20 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Buffalo is going to light us up the way they did to Minnesota. Vrabel will look up and say "oh my God its 27 to nothing" before halftime. We end up putting some garbage points in the 4th.

Buffalo 37

Tennessee 15 (FG, two TDs with 2 failed 2 pointers)

Can't wait to see the Super Bowl prediction in February when we play the Rams again. 

18 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I can't believe Peterson is only 28. Feels like he's been in the league ten years.

Honestly, I would give Ryan an extension after this year. He has been really good for us. Butler, even if he doesn't improve, probably gets at least one more year before being in jeopardy if being cut.

True but i was just floating that idea if Peterson became available, J Rob isn’t afraid to cut bait off a bad deal ex Sylvester Williams granted he got no where near butler got in guaranteed millions. 

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

No Woodyard this week. Good chance for Evans here.

Hope Evans starts to find his groove but Jason Brown had a very good game last week. It sucks not having Woodyard but this is a game we should be able to get by without him. Should be fun to see all the athleticism out there though 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

True but i was just floating that idea if Peterson became available, J Rob isn’t afraid to cut bait off a bad deal ex Sylvester Williams granted he got no where near butler got in guaranteed millions. 

Yeah, but I don't think that's quite the same. Butler would cost us 18.5 million in dead money if we cut him prior to June 1st of 2019.

After the 2019 season we can cut him with only 6 million in dead money, so he's here at least through 2019.

I did want Peterson badly when he was drafted, but he's just not a realistic option.

This really is a big game and frankly I would have been real scared with the last set of coaching we had but in Vabrel I trust and Marcus really has been playing extremely smart the silky end of 1st half interception withstanding of course 15 straight complete passes followed versus a very good Philly D.  

As usual for me the key is don’t give up big plays ir turn overs

22 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

I think we will see more Lewis than Henry this game. And rightfully so.

Hopefully Lewis helps us build a lead and Henry can come in as the closer. 

Also love the new avi haha

I don't remember who couldn't wait for Henry to take over as the #1 last year... Wonder if it's the same posters giving up on him now... 

I will remind you guys that Henry was at 47/187/4.35/1 mark after 5 games last year. He's a little less efficient so far at 54/163/3.02/0 so far... But its not like Lewis is completely out playing him... on the ground at least... at 43/143/3.3/1.

Its a small sample size but we've played 3 of the top 10 run defenses in the league so far... and while Miami is 20th, they're 6th best in the league giving up only 3.7 ypa. Buffalo is also just outside the top 10 on run defenses at 11th and Baltimore is 4th so its not being any easier just yet. 

Henry still has a big role to play... and as defenses start wearing down as the season wears on and as the weather gets colder and uglier, Henry is going to be huge for us down the stretch. 

He may not be the true workhorse lead back som of you thought, but he's going to be vital on our Super Bowl run 

I am not a huge fan of Henry though I think he was a very valuable part of our playoff run last year. And will be valuable this year but NO he is not a complete everydown back the bad part is I don’t think Lewis is either but I trust Vabrel to figure it out he had something similar in NE with Blount who is a lot like Henry.  I am so am waiting to see Henry catch a pass or two he can be effective there and the D would not expect it. 

One note i have sen den hardly anyone mention this to me one of the KEY factors in declining the FG was the time on the clock even if we hit the kick we left Philly enough time to come down and hit a winning FG so to me that plays a part as the odds hit kick.  Then Philly hit a kick were about the same as get a first down and at least get a game ending tying FG or TD for the win

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I don't remember who couldn't wait for Henry to take over as the #1 last year... Wonder if it's the same posters giving up on him now... 

I will remind you guys that Henry was at 47/187/4.35/1 mark after 5 games last year. He's a little less efficient so far at 54/163/3.02/0 so far... But its not like Lewis is completely out playing him... on the ground at least... at 43/143/3.3/1.

Its a small sample size but we've played 3 of the top 10 run defenses in the league so far... and while Miami is 20th, they're 6th best in the league giving up only 3.7 ypa. Buffalo is also just outside the top 10 on run defenses at 11th and Baltimore is 4th so its not being any easier just yet. 

Henry still has a big role to play... and as defenses start wearing down as the season wears on and as the weather gets colder and uglier, Henry is going to be huge for us down the stretch. 

He may not be the true workhorse lead back som of you thought, but he's going to be vital on our Super Bowl run 

It's not like I said we should bench him. I simply feel Lewis is the more effective back. Henry is definitely a solid closer though if used properly. 

Posted (edited)

I mean our running game sucks as a whole and it’s sucked the past two years. Our interior is garbage at clearing lanes. Henry isn’t great right now but I mean Lewis isn’t doing **** either in the running game. Lewis obviously does a lot more in the pass game so people want to give him a pass but neither have ran well and the line hasn’t run blocked well. It’s a lot more than just Henry.

Edited by ttitansfan4life