Nick Chubb = Studd

kris_kapsner

Yes, the dd is intentional in the title. 

Nick Chubb is a flat out stud.

He was a stud in college and kept 1st round pick Sony Michel running as a back up.  He took over for Gurley as a freshman and looked better than Todd as a true Freshman.  Without the one knee injury, Chubb would have rivalled Barkley in this draft for the top RB in this year's draft.

And he showed why this past weekend.  Note his vision, tackle breaking ability and the ability to shift into another gear to pull away from corners and safeties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0tCD9fknUo

Chubb now has 146 yards and 2 TD's on 10 carries.  14.6 yard average.  Not too shabby.   8-) 

Of course that's being blown up by the two long TD's this past weekend.  But, before that he was averaging 6 yards per carry.

He is better than Hyde.  Hyde is a nice RB.  A good RB even.  But Chubb is a game changer.

Why aren't the Browns finding more ways to get this guy on the field?

12 minutes ago, kris_kapsner said:

Yes, the dd is intentional in the title. 

Nick Chubb is a flat out stud.

He was a stud in college and kept 1st round pick Sony Michel running as a back up.  He took over for Gurley as a freshman and looked better than Todd as a true Freshman.  Without the one knee injury, Chubb would have rivalled Barkley in this draft for the top RB in this year's draft.

And he showed why this past weekend.  Note his vision, tackle breaking ability and the ability to shift into another gear to pull away from corners and safeties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0tCD9fknUo

Chubb now has 146 yards and 2 TD's on 10 carries.  14.6 yard average.  Not too shabby.   8-) 

Of course that's being blown up by the two long TD's this past weekend.  But, before that he was averaging 6 yards per carry.

He is better than Hyde.  Hyde is a nice RB.  A good RB even.  But Chubb is a game changer.

Why aren't the Browns finding more ways to get this guy on the field?

Dorsey is purposely keeping Chubb and Corbett's usage down so it'll be easier to fire Hue. We will be too good once Baker and them are all starting. 

10 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Oh, they will. 

Hue has already acknowledged the importance of playing him more frequently.

But once he improves in his blocking, he'll really get a load of carries.

I didn't watch him that closely in college, was he bad in the passing game in college? Did he have problems blocking and catching? Did he not playing much in passing situations because of Sony? If he was good in the passing game college hopefully he'll develop quickly to the point where he's good in the pros too.

9 minutes ago, Wulfgard said:

I didn't watch him that closely in college, was he bad in the passing game in college? Did he have problems blocking and catching? Did he not playing much in passing situations because of Sony? If he was good in the passing game college hopefully he'll develop quickly to the point where he's good in the pros too.

He'll be fine. He's big and strong.

19 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Oh, they will. 

Hue has already acknowledged the importance of playing him more frequently.

But once he improves in his blocking, he'll really get a load of carries.

Didn't play a single snap after his 40 yard td. 

Hue, Haley, kitchens are morons in that order.

13 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Or those simply were holes any of us could have run through?

I'd take a knee. 

But on the 2nd run he dealt with instant penetration, and broke or made 4 people miss. 

If he gave what his offensive line gave him it was a -3 yard run.

Hyde has been doing well, getting more than what the line is giving him, but Hyde is looking like a young Jamal Lewis.

28 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd take a knee. 

But on the 2nd run he dealt with instant penetration, and broke or made 4 people miss. 

If he gave what his offensive line gave him it was a -3 yard run.

Hyde has been doing well, getting more than what the line is giving him, but Chubb is looking like a young Jamal Lewis.

fify

Good comparison, btw.

Just now, ditchdigger said:

Ask Duke Johnson how that works out.

I thought that too. But it ain't the same thing. The dude went out there and broke two incredible TD runs. The Browns cannot ignore that and move on like nothing happened. Everything that Duke did was the product of previous offensive coordinators, not Haley. 

Still, I do think Duke's opportunities will continue to grow, albeit subtly. His role increased a bit with Baker out there, and we can't forget that deep ball on the run that was broken up at the end of Sunday's game. I think they'll continue to try to put him into those situations to make big plays.

2 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Someone said in another post that Duke should be our Tyreek (sp.?) Hill, in order to get him onto the field more frequently.  I don't know if he's that quick, but dagnabbit, he's one of our best playmakers.  Can't matriculate the ball from the sidelines.

I saw Jake Burns mention that in a tweet, about how we're trying to use Callaway in that sense when it should be Duke. I wholeheartedly agree. It feels like they're forcing it with Callaway, whereas we know Duke can excel in those situations. Callaway needs to be found in open space downfield, not behind the LOS, at least this early when his confidence is wavering.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

fify

Oh boy, I wish I were Duke!

I'm willing to bet Duke carries a spare script of Zoloft in that backpack of his. Next time I visit the locker room, I'll see if I can bum one off him for ya Brucey

Archived