Nick Chubb = Studd

kris_kapsner

Hue Jackson said Duke should get more looks all last year. He didn’t. Hue said Josh Gordon wouldn’t start game 1. He did. 

Lip-service. There are many examples of what Hue said and the product saying a different story. He’s the HC. Things don’t happen beyond his control. If they do, that shows the level of belief our assistants have in his competence.

I love Duke. He plays hard. He doesn't have special quickness though so he isn't going to be a good gadget player. Solid do it all type player but I wouldn't expect him to do the things Hill does or Kamara or anything close to those guys. He did show he could make an over the shoulder catch last week though, unlike Callaway. I'd like to see how Callaway does with Baker with decent footing where he isn't falling every play before I judge. He failed miserably last week but I think it gets better. He is certainly more explosive than Duke and can make more happen with his quickness, assuming he catches the ball and works on his awareness.

Dukes special physical asset is his fluidity in moving, he has a good 3 cone 6.88

On the field it translate to good routes and being good in space. He is good at making people miss, which we know. I also think he has great body control and balance, which are underrated traits. 

With his hands I think he is a top tier third down back. 

Duke has 21 touches a quarter of way through the year, fresh off of a 3/$15 million contract. 

Chubb has 10 carries at over 14 yards a pop the first four games along with two Madden-esque TDS. 

Hue Jackson is still employed, with a 2-33-1 record. 

I’m not a football genius, but I believe I’m living in bizzaro-world with the football decisions going on around me.

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Duke has 21 touches a quarter of way through the year, fresh off of a 3/$15 million contract. 

Chubb has 10 carries at over 14 yards a pop the first four games along with two Madden-esque TDS. 

Hue Jackson is still employed, with a 2-33-1 record. 

I’m not a football genius, but I believe I’m living in bizzaro-world with the football decisions going on around me.

He's just keeping their legs fresh for the next coach.

2 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

???HOT TAKE ALERT???

I have suspected this for some time now, but I'm ready to announce it publicly.

Nick Chubb is a better running back than Saquon Barkley.

come @ me

I would have agreed with you a year/two ago. I don't know if he'll be better in every facet (passing game), but I like him just as much as a runner...throw in the value, and he's a steal.

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

???HOT TAKE ALERT???

I have suspected this for some time now, but I'm ready to announce it publicly.

Nick Chubb is a better running back than Saquon Barkley.

come @ me

Take's not hot. Take is never hot.

I felt like this could be the case before the draft--felt Barkley was overrated and still do--but didn't have the gonads to declare it out and proud. I also thought Rashaad Penny might be better than Barkley too, so there is that...

1 minute ago, kris_kapsner said:

Chubb is a unique talent.  He'll be a top tier RB from a production standpoint by the end of next season...if there is a coaching change and they are willing to just play the better players instead of having their favorite's.

It’s not about favorites, it’s about preferring an experienced vet who is a capable pass blocker next to a rookie QB.

Chubb will be fine, but his pass pro leaves a lot to be desired right now.

It’s a long season and early in the year.  I’m sure all of the backs will get their shot.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

CHUBB LOOKED GANG BUSTERS TODAY. 
I am changing my comp from a young Jamal Lewis to a less shifty, more powerful Zeke. 

he did look pretty good. I dont know how the hell they didnt give him 3 chances to score inside the 5 yard

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

You wouldn't understand todd hayley's genius.

reality, I didnt care for the pass play because I assumed they were going to go for it on 4th down. The 4th down QB run play was the dumbest thing to run IMO

Archived