Did something finally click for Dak?

DaBoys

Did the light come on?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Did the light come on?

• Yes, the Lions game was a turning point. He will be much more willing to take risks now that he sees the success he can have.
    • No, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. His career best game was also against the Lions. He'll be back to Dak'n his ducks into the turf this Sunday.
    • No, the light didn't come on. It's BEEN ON for him! Dak is the diamond in the rough. What had happened was the OLine decided to block, Zeke didn't suck, and the WRs finally caught most of the beautiful blessings that are Daks perfect spirals.
    • Yes, the light came on, it was apparent that something was different, but I'm not holding my breath that it's a permanent change.

40 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

? for ya all.

is Dak a low end starter/high end backup?

Yes. someone that can come in and win a few games as a backup, but should not start unless you have all the pieces there.

I'm happy with what Dak showed this game. He sure as hell wasn't perfect, but had we had a better receiving core we would not have lost. We could have won had Dez been in this game, but Jerry just showed his true colors that he was one of the people that decided to cut him.

Still gonna wait till the end of the season, but the way Dak handled the pressure tonight encouraged me.

The offense ... the supposed "Dak friendly", the extensive list of average/below average WRs, and an OL that seems out of sorts on numerous plays ... makes it pretty hard to tell what Dak is.

There are major issues there.

And Dak isn't without fault, his accuracy can be just plain bad. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

The offense ... the supposed "Dak friendly", the extensive list of average/below average WRs, and an OL that seems out of sorts on numerous plays ... makes it pretty hard to tell what Dak is.

This simple statement sums up this entire debate IMO.

9 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

This simple statement sums up this entire debate IMO.

That's a real problem though. If we don't have a clue then why continue trying to work with it?

11 more games. I'll make my decision by the end of the season, maybe sooner.

20 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Funny how that was one of the reasons why Dez isn't here. Dak doesn't need a #1 WR. Dak said so himself. This is a "Dak friendly" offense. All Dak needs for the offense are WRs who can get separation and Dak will hit him. Dak is the franchise QB.

Now the Cowboys are sitting at 2-3 and his WRs are average/below average and it's pretty hard to tell what Dak is? LOL. Nevermind the fac that Dak threw for only 208 yards in 5 quarters of football, while Watson had over 300 yards.

Call it how you really see it.

I don't think this is an "any QB friendly" offense . Again, Dak has his share of issues,  this is no linger debatable. But the sum of the skill pieces around him are very mediocre. I have no idea what the personnel dept thought they were paying for, but they whiffed. And, the decision to allow Linehan to stick and then bring in Moore, Alexander and SanJay has proven to be abysmal to this point. QB/WR/OL, not one of these spots is in better shape than last year.  

46 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That's a real problem though. If we don't have a clue then why continue trying to work with it?

11 more games. I'll make my decision by the end of the season, maybe sooner.

My decision was made from the beginning, and it hasn’t changed. Dak can’t play. Pure and simple. Plus, his shortcomings become amplified due to the incompetence and overall ineptitude of the coaching staff and lack of reliable weapons to carry him.

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don't think this is an "any QB friendly" offense . Again, Dak has his share of issues,  this is no linger debatable. But the some of the skill pieces around him are very mediocre. I have no idea what the personnel dept thought they were paying for, but they whiffed. And, the decision to allow Linehan to stick and then bring in Moore, Alexander and SanJay has proven to be abysmal to this point. QB/WR/OL, not one of these spots is in better shape than last year.  

Yea but i'm very happy with this defense.

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

My decision was made from the beginning, and it hasn’t changed. Dak can’t play. Pure and simple. Plus, his shortcomings become amplified due to the incompetence and overall ineptitude of the coaching staff and lack of reliable weapons to carry him.

You're probably right. But I do try to hold out hope.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

You're probably right. But I do try to hold out hope.

Which I understand, but you and I both watch a ish-ton of college football, so you of all people know my opinions on zone read option QBs, and I never hid my lack of interest in Dak even during his college days. I was never impressed with him. He’s a more likable Quincy Carter.

Yeah, I said it. Q-CAR 2.0

Nope. Dak is not a playmaking QB and he now shows he not even an Alex Smith QB. He is a backup. We can reserve to give him 3 more games. Then I would bench him and see what else is on the roster. Afterwards, I would try to trade him. 

Archived