Did something finally click for Dak?

DaBoys

Did the light come on?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Did the light come on?

• Yes, the Lions game was a turning point. He will be much more willing to take risks now that he sees the success he can have.
    • No, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. His career best game was also against the Lions. He'll be back to Dak'n his ducks into the turf this Sunday.
    • No, the light didn't come on. It's BEEN ON for him! Dak is the diamond in the rough. What had happened was the OLine decided to block, Zeke didn't suck, and the WRs finally caught most of the beautiful blessings that are Daks perfect spirals.
    • Yes, the light came on, it was apparent that something was different, but I'm not holding my breath that it's a permanent change.

Dak's handling of the criticism is admirable, but the truth is, he is a struggling with it.

He isn't silencing anyone with his play. 

He has ZERO pocket awareness. He is always looking behind him to see if anyone is close. This takes his eyes off of his receivers down field.

At the speed they play, a fraction of a second is all it takes. He doesn't lead his receivers well and panics when the pocket collapses.

He is trying like hell to succeed, but the writing is on the wall. He is what he is.

In the heat of battle his shortcomings are exposed....clearly.

7 hours ago, 5x10 said:

I’m absolutely blaming dak for being one of the worst passing offenses in the nfl as it’s his job to throw accurate, catchable balls, consistently

Im actually arguing that from a fundamental level, it doesn’t matter who the receiver is or who the coordinator is when the qb can do what he is supposed to do

Wow, so you believe it doesn't matter who the WRs are or who the coordinator is for a QB?? 

Wow. clearly 'discussing/debating with you is a waste of time. 

Football is far more complex sport than the simplistic rhetoric and analogies you keep posting. But to each his own. 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:34 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Wow, so you believe it doesn't matter who the WRs are or who the coordinator is for a QB?? 

Wow. clearly 'discussing/debating with you is a waste of time. 

Football is far more complex sport than the simplistic rhetoric and analogies you keep posting. But to each his own. 

I can tell you don't look at the All-22 Film.

Anybody who watches the All-22 Film this year cannot defend Dak's play. Rico Gathers was wide open for a TD and Dak underthrew him. Dak overthrows Cole Beasley, almost leading to a pick 6. Dak throws high to Austin and then behind Thompson, leading to 2 INTs.

There was a play in the game where Allen Hurns destoyed the Texans DB and was streaking wide open for a TD. Instead of Dak seeing him and throwing it, he goes to the immediate checkdown. This a play where most starting level QBs (let alone franchise QBs) would've realized pre-snap that Hurns was man to man with a single high safety and would've gave Hurns a chance.

You can deflect blame and defend Dak all you want too, but these plays aren't on Jason Garrett or Linehan. These plays aren't the result of bad WR play (which is why they are speaking out to the media). These plays are the result of bad QB play. When your QB struggles to throw for 200 yards in 5 quarters of play that's bad QB play. The truth is that Dak just isn't good enough, and it's a shame. 

5 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I can tell you don't look at the All-22 Film.

Anybody who watches the All-22 Film this year cannot defend Dak's play. Rico Gathers was wide open for a TD and Dak underthrew him. Dak overthrows Cole Beasley, almost leading to a pick 6. Dak throws high to Austin and then behind Thompson, leading to 2 INTs.

There was a play in the game where Allen Hurns destoyed the Texans DB and was streaking wide open for a TD. Instead of Dak seeing him and throwing it, he goes to the immediate checkdown. This a play where most starting level QBs (let alone franchise QBs) would've realized pre-snap that Hurns was man to man with a single high safety and would've gave Hurns a chance.

You can deflect blame and defend Dak all you want too, but these plays aren't on Jason Garrett or Linehan. These plays aren't the result of bad WR play (which is why they are speaking out to the media). These plays are the result of bad QB play. When your QB struggles to throw for 200 yards in 5 quarters of play that's bad QB play. The truth is that Dak just isn't good enough, and it's a shame. 

Your right, I don't watch the All-22 film. I'll take your word for it, Dak missed targets etc. But as I stated in the other thread, ALL QBs miss targets as well. Do you watch all 30 QBs on All 22? Do you ave any idea what QBs are missing what targets??? No.

As far as Dak "just not good enough" is just blatantly wrong. Dak has already led the Cowboys to one defensive play from beating A Rodgers and a game from the SB

Had Dallas the defense is has now that year we might actually be SB champs. The basic difference between then and now is Dallas decided to replace All-Pros Witten and Dez with hot-trash, our vaunted O-line is only a shadow of what it used to be, all while having coaches who can not coach unless everything is near perfect. 

Foles is the same QB who one year was ran out of Philly, yet came back and did what no other QB in Philly has ever done. D Carr is/was the same QB who one year was near MVP (2nd?) and now many want him out. It ridiculous how quick people jump on and off the bandwagon. 

It's like years of watching the futility of Dallas NOT making the playoffs hasn't sunken in yet. Dak has made it 1 out of 2 years already and should have made it 2 out of 2 had Zeke not been suspended. 

Again get theses lame coaches out of here and bring in an actually weapon or 3 before you replace a young QB who at least won us a freakin playoff game.

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Your right, I don't watch the All-22 film. I'll take your word for it, Dak missed targets etc. But as I stated in the other thread, ALL QBs miss targets as well. Do you watch all 30 QBs on All 22? Do you ave any idea what QBs are missing what targets??? No.

As far as Dak "just not good enough" is just blatantly wrong. Dak has already led the Cowboys to one defensive play from beating A Rodgers and a game from the SB

Had Dallas the defense is has now that year we might actually be SB champs. The basic difference between then and now is Dallas decided to replace All-Pros Witten and Dez with hot-trash, our vaunted O-line is only a shadow of what it used to be, all while having coaches who can not coach unless everything is near perfect. 

Foles is the same QB who one year was ran out of Philly, yet came back and did what no other QB in Philly has ever done. D Carr is/was the same QB who one year was near MVP (2nd?) and now many want him out. It ridiculous how quick people jump on and off the bandwagon. 

It's like years of watching the futility of Dallas NOT making the playoffs hasn't sunken in yet. Dak has made it 1 out of 2 years already and should have made it 2 out of 2 had Zeke not been suspended. 

Again get theses lame coaches out of here and bring in an actually weapon or 3 before you replace a young QB who at least won us a freakin playoff game.

HOLY CRAP!? Are you OK man??? Dak won us a playoff game??? WHEN???

We are seeing it on almost every play that DAK has regressed. He is no longer poised...double pumping...can't throw on timing routes...indecisive etc...he is not the sole to blame...but he is the most. If you can't see that cause you afford the 22 film then that's on you. You have no argument cause you are not willing to see the facts that is in your face...well not really cause you can't see the film. I'm sure the WRs, coaching staff and DAK himself sees it. His job is on the line. If he doesn't improve NOW...he is going to be benched or traded. 

9 hours ago, atran35 said:

We are seeing it on almost every play that DAK has regressed. He is no longer poised...double pumping...can't throw on timing routes...indecisive etc...he is not the sole to blame...but he is the most. If you can't see that cause you afford the 22 film then that's on you. You have no argument cause you are not willing to see the facts that is in your face...well not really cause you can't see the film. I'm sure the WRs, coaching staff and DAK himself sees it. His job is on the line. If he doesn't improve NOW...he is going to be benched or traded. 

That may be, wouldn't be the first QB to be scapegoated for the failures of others. (Coaches GM etc..)or when a team is collapsing around him.

As I stated already Nick Foles was outstanding last year and led his team against a Brady QBed team. He was giving up for already. Now he and Philly have that elusive ring. 

Archived