The MLS Thread, Part V

Heimdallr

Unfortunately since I'm living in Chicago right now, I haven't been able to go to an Atlanta United game yet. From afar, it's been extremely impressive how this team has really captured the city, the amount of fans going to games is just awesome to see in their first year. Playing at Georgia Tech is really cool too. 

And hey, we're not bad either! 

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2017/07/25/37329432/sources-galaxy-complete-5-million-transfer-for-jonathan-dos?ICID=HP_BN_1

The Galaxy have completed the transfer of Dos Santos on a $5 million deal from Spanish club Villarreal, sources confirmed to Goal. Spanish outlet Mediterraneo reported on Monday that the Galaxy and Villarreal had agreed on a transfer fee, with Dos Santos and the Galaxy finalizing personal terms on Tuesday.

Details of Dos Santos' contract are unknown, but one league source tells Goal Dos Santos will be on a deal which would put him in the $2-3 million range. He will be the Galaxy's third designated player, joining brother Giovani and French midfielder Romain Alessandrini.

I saw a report saying MLS fans were criticising Pirlo's performance recently, or more specifically his lack of effort. 

They do realise the dude has been a pro for 20 years? It has never been his game to go hunting possession, he didn't do it in CL finals, why would he now? 

15 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I saw a report saying MLS fans were criticising Pirlo's performance recently, or more specifically his lack of effort. 

They do realise the dude has been a pro for 20 years? It has never been his game to go hunting possession, he didn't do it in CL finals, why would he now? 

It's probably just people that are newer to the sport and know he is a star player and expect him to reflect that star power with performances. I haven't watched enough MLS to comment but I'm guessing it's people who aren't familiar with his play style.