The MLS Thread, Part V

Heimdallr

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

@Heimdallr do you have a power rankings in the West?

I wanna see which teams to root against.

Well  Seattle is pretty clearly the best team in the league, and Portland's biggest rival, so... 

After Seattle, I would say Colorado, Minnesota, Kansas City, and Nashville are the second tier that will be fighting for a home playoff  game. Portland, LAFC, LA Galaxy, Montreal, and Vancouver will be in the playoff race too. Then at the bottom you have San Jose, Dallas, Salt Lake, Austin, and Houston that aren't really going to be competitive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

According to a site i saw, its

1. Seattle

2. Nashville

3. Colorado

4. Portland

5. LAFC

6. Sporting KC

LAFC could either be awesome or terrible. Lots of firepower, but the defense is going to be really bad. Vela is going to need to score 20+ for them to be in the playoffs. I would definitely put KC and MIN over them. 

I don't really know what to think about Portland. They are always solid, but Valeri retired, Chara is super old, and Blanco is never healthy. They made it to MLS Cup last year for a reason, but I think they fall off this year. It seems like all the other teams made big improvements, and Portland mainly just lost pieces.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Well  Seattle is pretty clearly the best team in the league, and Portland's biggest rival, so... 

Thats excellent news, because i still have seattle hatred due to the fail mary and the great sadness of the nfc championship of 2014

Edited by Malfatron